Sponsored

Chinese Transmission

shelbystang

Threads
Reaction score
Every manual transmission i have ever used, Ford, Audi, VW and GM, have 'all' had a slight 'grind' when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear.

I read the 2015 will have a different linkage, this might take care of some of the shifting problems. Maybe? :)
I switched over a long time ago from factory Mercon to Redline manual trans fluid. It is easy as cutting cake now.:thumbsup:
Sponsored

shelbystang

Threads
Reaction score
Are the 2014 Mustang Gt 6 spd manual transmissions having problems still with this transmission?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Are the 2014 Mustang Gt 6 spd manual transmissions having problems still with this transmission?

There will always be somebody complaining about something, and mechines will always break so there is no accurate way to answer your question. The fluid change greatly reduced the number of cold shift complaints, redline shifting still requires some mods to mitigate.

y5e06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT
Yes. extremely notchy shifting when cold, somewhat inconsistent shift feel at times, generally bucket-o-bolts trans.
I've already done the dealer visits, 2-post barton, and MTL.

My car:
'14 GT MT82

Sponsored

KingKoupe

KingKoupe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015GT/PP
Hi, I own a 2013GT/CS MT6, and yes I must say it grinds in 2-3rd, and that's just taking it off from my driveway every morning normally, shift bout 2500rpms, called the dealer yesterday, cause it's still under warranty, told me to bring it in Monday. Meanwhile, thinking of putting in a whiteline bushing, Barton shifter and bracket soon after the dealer diagnosis. Let's see, but I must agree they should just put a 6spd tremec as an option when u order a stang, IMO.
My 3 Stangs:

Angel-"KingKoupe"

KingKoupe

KingKoupe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015GT/PP
Yes. extremely notchy shifting when cold, somewhat inconsistent shift feel at times, generally bucket-o-bolts trans.
I've already done the dealer visits, 2-post barton, and MTL.

My car:
'14 GT MT82

Did it get resolved? How is the shifter feel? Thanks

Angel-"KingKoupe"

shelbystang

Threads
Reaction score
Hi, I own a 2013GT/CS MT6, and yes I must say it grinds in 2-3rd, and that's just taking it off from my driveway every morning normally, shift bout 2500rpms, called the dealer yesterday, cause it's still under warranty, told me to bring it in Monday. Meanwhile, thinking of putting in a whiteline bushing, Barton shifter and bracket soon after the dealer diagnosis. Let's see, but I must agree they should just put a 6spd tremec as an option when u order a stang, IMO.
My 3 Stangs:

Angel-"KingKoupe"
I used to have that problem with a shifter that wouldn't engage smoothly. Changed over to Redline and that solved problem. Gear shifting w as like cutting cake.
boss-mustang.jpg
13MustangBoss302_19.jpg
212.jpg
WINDOW STICKER 1212.jpg
spark plugs2.jpg
HOOD VENTS.JPG
ROUSH3.jpg
ford_100304317_l.jpg
2010-gt500.jpg
1965 Shelby wood.jpg

KingKoupe

KingKoupe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015GT/PP
Well took it to the dealer the tech said this is normal whe it's cold for the trans to grind sord of, sounds like crap to me! So I just installed the whiteline bushing, Barton shifter and bracket! Feels solid now, big diff, slight trans noise comes thru, but nothing alittle bit of music won't block off, very short throws, very happy now! Till the 2015 comes out, LOL

Angel-"KingKoupe"

Sponsored

shelbystang

Threads
Reaction score
Well took it to the dealer the tech said this is normal whe it's cold for the trans to grind sord of, sounds like crap to me! So I just installed the whiteline bushing, Barton shifter and bracket! Feels solid now, big diff, slight trans noise comes thru, but nothing alittle bit of music won't block off, very short throws, very happy now! Till the 2015 comes out, LOL

Angel-"KingKoupe"
yOU GOT TO GET THAT REDLINE SYNTHETIC TRANMISSION FLUID TO SOLVE THAT PROBLEM. IT FIXED MINE.

Coyotestang13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 3.73
Not this again... I 'll just post what I posted in the other thread.
My MT82 has no issues and is the best manual transmission I have driven. I see no reason to dump Getrag.