Sponsored

Transmission Tuning

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1 Hellion TT
I am hoping someone can shed some light on something I would like to try. I am not sure it is even possible.

Issue:
10r80 hunts for gears while shifting into gear 4 and 5 and gear 6 and 7 while in any mode other than normal. It will shift to the higher gear then it will immediately shift back to the lower gear which take all the lash out of the drive line and causing some jerking and clunking. this is all happening at idle or barely over, like if you were to cruise in a downtown area at 20 mph. If I WOT there is no issue, but cruising around it basically keeps from using anything other than normal mode.

The issue didnt start until after I had the car dyno tuned. I presume the tuner loaded his own transmission file. Prior to the new tune I had a tune on the car from when my turbo kit was originally installed. This tune had the transmission working smooth as butter, I cant say enough good about it. (the transmission manners were improved from factory in my opinion).

Question:
I would like to use the transmission file from my original tune with my current engine tune. I have the MPVI2+ device and I can read both of the tunes. would it be possible to use parts from each tune combined? Any clue about how I would go about that? I have never seen anything about the transmission settings when in VCM suite.
I am willing to look into it further if someone can tell me for sure this is even possible. Just dont want to waste a bunch of time to find out I cannot pull the trans tune from file and apply it to the new tune.

Thanks,
Sponsored