Sponsored

Cheap good tire

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I've had my Attar's for about a year and am totally happy wit
Let me try this again! I've had my Atturo AZ 850's for almost a year and I'm very satisfied with them in all respects. Quiet, good handling, great traction, look good, and are really lasting. I found out about them from a Mopar forum and those guys really recommend them. I hate to be like them, but I'm impressed. Price is hard to beat also.
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Can anyone recommend a good cheap tire for my 2010 Roush. 275/35/20? The car is not driven much and still has the original tires I’d like to save the originals and just knock around in the summer with a good looking set without breaking the bank.

I was looking at Delinte Thunder 275/35/20
Can you explain what make a tire good looking compared to a normal tire????

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
May I ask why you want to save the original tires? My understanding is that tires do have a life span and become unsafe over time, even if sitting on the shelf.

GenerousLemon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT and 1999 Ranger V8 swapped
I have Ohtsu FP8000s on my car. They seem good, quiet, hook up well.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
BFG Comp Sport A/S...a good tire at a great price with a nice look..

Sponsored

Taylor18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 1
I have Ohtsu FP8000s on my car. They seem good, quiet, hook up well.
These tires are actually made by Falken, my brother and I have both ran them on our cars. Even auto crossed them. They do the job for street use and occasional hooning.

To the OP, I'm not really sure what this Forums opinion is but I am also generally impressed with Achilles and Federal tire. You can find them handily on eBay. They are a Formula Drift sponsor and I've seen Pro 1 and Pro 2 cars ripping on them pretty hard so I know they pass a torture test. I haven't had any personal experience with their two new lines which I believe are the ST1s which are a performance tire and the F60. We ran their older 220TW tires as autocross tires and I know some guys that use them in Spec P71 racing.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
These tires are actually made by Falken, my brother and I have both ran them on our cars. Even auto crossed them. They do the job for street use and occasional hooning.

To the OP, I'm not really sure what this Forums opinion is but I am also generally impressed with Achilles and Federal tire. You can find them handily on eBay. They are a Formula Drift sponsor and I've seen Pro 1 and Pro 2 cars ripping on them pretty hard so I know they pass a torture test. I haven't had any personal experience with their two new lines which I believe are the ST1s which are a performance tire and the F60. We ran their older 220TW tires as autocross tires and I know some guys that use them in Spec P71 racing.
Achilles are terrible, especially in the wet. Federals last for 8 seconds. It's not even that both brands don't have a decent top tier tire, but you can just do a lot better in my opinion. Indy 500's are the go to for cheap summer rubber with decent performance and longevity.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone recommend a good cheap tire for my 2010 Roush. 275/35/20?
join USAA. Get 20-30% off a set of SuperCar 3. $900/set. I will also upvote the General Gmax, both summer and A/S editions.

Taylor18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 1
Achilles are terrible, especially in the wet. Federals last for 8 seconds. It's not even that both brands don't have a decent top tier tire, but you can just do a lot better in my opinion. Indy 500's are the go to for cheap summer rubber with decent performance and longevity.
I'm not endorsing them for every Mustang owner but the Federals can perform well. I personally stick with Bridgestone, Michelin, Toyo or Falken on my vehicles both performance and off-road. But at the price point, people act like the Achilles and Federals will disintegrate if they get wet. They meet standards and do fine. Longevity? Sure they might be short but you're getting what you pay for. I agree, I have no problem with the Indy 500s on paper, just no experience with them.
Sponsored