Sponsored

Ceramic vs Wax Poll

Who has Ceramic vs Who still loves Waxing?

• Total voters

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Thot I’d see who does what Ceramic or Wax.. just for fun!
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Do I love waxing? Not terribly, but ceramic is a bit too involved for my apartment parking lot with no chance for protection from a quick Florida sprinkle.

jimmybuffit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 50th Year
pros and cons of both so its hard to poll. ceramic is way more durable with long lasting consistent gloss if maintained correctly, also way more sensitive to hard water spots. Wax can have a deeper glow with a more "show room" finish but will dissipate a lot faster. I have the tools and ability to care for ceramic so it takes the win for me making my weekly wash a lot faster.

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I did the application of CQuartz UK last April 2017 myself, including the paint correction...even 3000 grit wet sand!! I had the Griots DA polisher... after a year it still is a deep Black! I go away for 5 winter months and my car is garage kept! Today I applied the next BOMB... Essence Plus !! Easy-Peasy... it took it to another level altogether!! Filled in all the tiny scratches and swirl marks that are inevitable.... it’ll cure for 2 days then an Elixir of Reload and ECH2Oat at a 50/50 mix ( once the ECH2O is diluted) and yes... not many washes for me as the Stang is Hydrophobic beyond belief! I’ll wash the car and do a final rinse...with only the hose!! It is 90% dry when done!! My car is a daily drive in the. an outer BC elements!! ie: lots of rain!!!
8DB011D2-2A83-415A-8C1A-6D0C6A739551.jpeg

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
For me the ceramic has been super susceptable to water spots. And the water near me is known for iron. Hearing the lawn sprinklers kick on makes me run for the door and move the car. And if you wash and it dries too quick in the sun and heat then forget it.

I also have had bad luck with my paint as my detailer calls it "soft and sticky" and it never really beaded and was never as easy to clean as it should be. The cquarts pro on my glass beads like crazy.

With that said it still takes less time per week than the zaino wax system i used. And it helped it during the NY winter where the wax would of been gone. Under light dirt and dust it is still blindingly glossy. It did darken the color a tiny but but i feel its as if the reflection comes more from the surface and the light is refected at the top of the paint instead of hitting the color and bouncing back. The zaino had mkre depth.

I do think i hit a happy medium by using the pro mcguires xpres spray wax as a topper after washes. I like it better than echo which is now now relegated to cleaning off spots and bird poo. Reload is a once per month light application.

In the end i wish i wasnt between jobs as i would of spent the extra money to wrap the front and hood if not the whole car. And possibly used a lower used a lower cost cquartz

Sponsored

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I dont mind waxing the car, so I've stuck with that. Gives me a chance to do something outside while I'm watching the kids. in fact, I just put a coat of EX-P and topped it with Natty's Red today.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Have had some friends DIY ceramic coat and they have had to polish out some areas where they let it flash too long before wiping. I can wax a couple of times a year for less cost and the water beads great with hardly any water spots. I'll stick with wax.

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I use GTechniq C1 and top it with Shine Supply Clutch on my Tacoma. On my 16 GT, i used Shine Supply Cherry silica based wax.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
If it rains and the car is under the tree itll leave big water spots but they clean up. Under the rain with no cover or anything between car and sky then its usually good with little spotting that still cleans up. Hose water or sprinklers will leave spots that need to be removed chemically or physically.

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Last week we used Hydrosilex

https://www.hydrosilex.com/

Spray on ceramic coating.

Kept seeing ads for it on Instagram and decided to try it.

1 32oz bottle - 2 coats on the mustang left me with half a bottle left. Will probably do another coat this weekend. Waited about 10 minutes in between coats.

So far so good - we've had a pretty good down pour here this week and water does bead off nicely. I did everything - body, lights, windshield, windows, etc... It left the car incredibly smooth - smoother then anything I've used from Chemical Guys or Mothers.

Took maybe 10 minutes to do the entire car each coat - spray it on, wait a split second, then wipe it off. Some parts hazed a bit where the car was still hot I think (mostly on the hood) - a bit of elbo grease to buff it out and it was fine. And it's a lot easier to apply than wax or traditional ceramic coating.

There's a method to use it in a foam canon and to do it while it's wet but I think that's wasting product.

It's another option.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I've been getting my car waxed for the last year and a half, but am now switching to ceramic.

Wax seems to only keep the car looking good for a couple weeks and by then its mostly worn away. I still have to wash the car often.

Ceramic seems significantly better all around and am getting mine done this weekend. It may cost more up front but it will last a year versus a few weeks. It looks even glossier than wax does to me. And one of the best things for me is that a simple spray of water will clean it right off again rather than needing to actually wash with soap as often. This will cut down my trips to the expensive hand car wash and most times I will be able to just spray it down in my driveway or DIY place.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I use whatever my detailer puts on, twice a year. Pretty sure it's Meguiar's 21. Does that make it a wax?

Since I work out of the house and my car sits in the garage 90% of the time, so I don't have to wash it too often. Still looks like new.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Do I love waxing? Not terribly, but ceramic is a bit too involved for my apartment parking lot with no chance for protection from a quick Florida sprinkle.
I had the same issue. I park off a busy street and it is a bit dusty. I just washed and polished and then early the next morning I applied Gyeon Prep to one panel at a time and immediately use gyeon pure. Then at the end I covered the car for 24 hours then applied gyeon cure. The results were amazing. With Pure the more the week went on the better the shine got. It got plenty of thunderstorms during the first week before my first wash but whenever I could I would go out and wipe it down and apply cure again.
Bit nerve wracking but it worked. I posted some pictures and videos of the results on a thread called gyeon Pure on this section. check it out
Sponsored

Last edited: