Sponsored

Do you ceramic / wax over or around vinyl stripes?

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I use Meguiars liquid hybrid ceramic on mine.
Does it work pretty well?

I applied CQuartz to my 4Runner last year and I don’t really feel like doing that again. So looking for a decent protectant.
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does it work pretty well?

I applied CQuartz to my 4Runner last year and I don’t really feel like doing that again. So looking for a decent protectant.
Oh yea. Stuff is solid imo. Easy to apply and lasts a long time. I use the ceramic detailer in between washes.

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Oh yea. Stuff is solid imo. Easy to apply and lasts a long time. I use the ceramic detailer in between washes.
Do you have to do all the prep work you do for regular ceramic coating? Or just a normal wash and spray.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you don't need to clay bar, polish, etc. then you can just apply it after a wash. You can even put it over existing sealants already on it. Did that on a relatives car. No idea about straight carnuba wax though.
I did the whole thing. Wash.....stripped anything on it, clay, polish, liquid ceramic.
Goes on easy and wipes off easier then anything I've ever used. Only takes 5 minutes to dry as long as you don't go thick. I dont see water spots after rain either like a lot of pure ceramic coatings can leave.
If my car isn't that dirty which it usually isn't I'll use the meguiars waterless wash/wax then the ceramic detailer. I only use a hose/pressure washer like twice a year just to reapply. I do detail weekly though.

Oh and the really cool thing about the meguiars hybrid liquid? You can use it on the entire car. Plastics, rims, chrome, etc. Works great on the rims. Don't need a power polisher either. Hand works good. Not bad for $15/$16.

I've used a lot of their stuff in the past. Carnuba waxes, gold class, ultimate wax, the new 3 in 1, the original spray on hybrid ceramic which was a pita, etc. and the liquid is the most impressive I've used. They really nailed it with the liquid ceramic. It probably won't protect rock paint chips better like a pure ceramic might, but I honestly haven't seen any. It sure makes the car look great and bead water like crazy.

Last edited:

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
If you don't need to clay bar, polish, etc. then you can just apply it after a wash. You can even put it over existing sealants already on it. Did that on a relatives car. No idea about straight carnuba wax though.
I did the whole thing. Wash.....stripped anything on it, clay, polish, liquid ceramic.
Goes on easy and wipes off easier then anything I've ever used. Only takes 5 minutes to dry as long as you don't go thick. I dont see water spots after rain either like a lot of pure ceramic coatings can leave.
If my car isn't that dirty which it usually isn't I'll use the meguiars waterless wash/wax then the ceramic detailer. I only use a hose/pressure washer like twice a year just to reapply. I do detail weekly though.

Oh and the really cool thing about the meguiars hybrid liquid? You can use it on the entire car. Plastics, rims, chrome, etc. Works great on the rims. Don't need a power polisher either. Hand works good. Not bad for $15/$16.

I've used a lot of their stuff in the past. Carnuba waxes, gold class, ultimate wax, the new 3 in 1, the original spray on hybrid ceramic which was a pita, etc. and the liquid is the most impressive I've used. They really nailed it with the liquid ceramic. It probably won't protect rock paint chips better like a pure ceramic might, but I honestly haven't seen any. It sure makes the car look great and bead water like crazy.
Very nice, will have to give it a try. Pure ceramic doesn’t protect form rock chips to scratches either, it only cuts down on cleaning and helps a little against stains from like bird poop. I had pure ceramic before and my 4Runner was covered in rock chips. I’ll definitely give it a try after I use up this Car Guys hybrid wax I just got.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Honestly I've never used pure ceramic. After using the Meguiars liquid I dont think I ever will lol
Sponsored