Sponsored

Full detail complete with Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray coating!

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
The previous post inspired me to document my detail process as well.

Started off with a pressure washer wash using Carpro Reset in my foam cannon (yes that stuff actually foams!!).
Followed up using Adams Iron Remover as my chemical decontaminate.
I felt around my paint and it did not require a clay bar. I probably should have just because but I do not have the funds for a machine polisher, so did not want to do more damage marring the paint without the proper equipment.
I opted to hand polish using adams revive hand polish to remove any remaining wax, minor swirling, etc.
I did a contactless wash with my foam cannon so get rid of polish residue.
Applied 2 coats of Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray Coating (24 hrs between coats). Planning on maintaining with their Hybrid Wet Wax every couple washes.
Overall, turned out great! Obviously if I had a machine polisher, I could have done the full thing, but it looks great IMO.
MVIMG_20200806_083421.jpg
MVIMG_20200806_083435.jpg
View attachment 496936
InkedMVIMG_20200806_083502_LI.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Looks good. I've been using a clay towel (yes, it's literally a towel with clay imbedded in it) and I mar the paint less than with the clay itself. The secret of course is lots of lube. I should make a t-shirt that says that. LOL

IMHO spending the money for a good quality polisher is well-spent and it will (should) last you the rest of your life. You will spend money on pads and other consumables, but the polisher makes stuff so much easier, especially as the car/paint gets older and requires more work.

Just don't buy some cheap Chinese crap from Harbor Freight.

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Looks good. I've been using a clay towel (yes, it's literally a towel with clay imbedded in it) and I mar the paint less than with the clay itself. The secret of course is lots of lube. I should make a t-shirt that says that. LOL

IMHO spending the money for a good quality polisher is well-spent and it will (should) last you the rest of your life. You will spend money on pads and other consumables, but the polisher makes stuff so much easier, especially as the car/paint gets older and requires more work.

Just don't buy some cheap Chinese crap from Harbor Freight.
Yeah I do plan on investing in one, its definitely on the list lol

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
When you see micro swirls (and you will get them) from hand washing and/or drying, you will need a D/A. Check out Flex and Rupes and watch a few dozen videos on YouTube before you think you know what you are doing. On the other hand, just get a detailer to do the work for you.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Man I bet you can't even lift a beer. I remember those days. Too old now for that now so I bought a Griot G9. Not to expensive in case it wasn't for me but I love this thing. SOOOO much easier now.

Sponsored

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
Man I bet you can't even lift a beer. I remember those days. Too old now for that now so I bought a Griot G9. Not to expensive in case it wasn't for me but I love this thing. SOOOO much easier now.
I also bought a G9 and wish that I had done it years earlier. Made my 2016 shadow black F150 look like new.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Looks good. I think for hybrids Meguairs and Turtle Wax nailed it.
I get asked all of the time if my car has pro ceramic on it. Even the shop I had suspension work done that has someone do pro ceramic coatings asked if I had already had it done and were shocked when I said no and it was Meguairs. lol

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Looks great.

For iron remover you can use also Eagle One Triple Cleaning Black and Plasti-Coat Foam. Works well and cheaper than Adams.
EGL_E1TBP23_.jpg

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Looks good. I think for hybrids Meguairs and Turtle Wax nailed it.
I get asked all of the time if my car has pro ceramic on it. Even the shop I had suspension work done that has someone do pro ceramic coatings asked if I had already had it done and were shocked when I said no and it was Meguairs. lol

They really did nail it, both products are great. I switched to Turtle wax because I wanted to combine the ceramic spray with the wet wax. My car sits in the driveway so the more protection, the better. For less than $15 a bottle that lasts a couple vehicles and ease of application, cant beat that IMO

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Switched to Turtle wax because I wanted to combine the ceramic spray with the wet wax
Hey, can you post a picture of the exact product you bought? That sounds like my kind of product. Ha ha. Will probably clay the car before applying it, since I just can't remove all the bug crap from the front after 2 trips. Hope that works. And also to remove all the impurities on the paint. Car is only 3 months old, but sat for a long time at dealer. Supposedly indoors, but the filth I found when I washed it the first time, no way the car didn't spend weeks outside. Hopefully not months, but weeks for sure. Have a clay bar from years ago that I want to use. Thx.

Sponsored
OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Hey, can you post a picture of the exact product you bought? That sounds like my kind of product. Ha ha. Will probably clay the car before applying it, since I just can't remove all the bug crap from the front after 2 trips. Hope that works. And also to remove all the impurities on the paint. Car is only 3 months old, but sat for a long time at dealer. Supposedly indoors, but the filth I found when I washed it the first time, no way the car didn't spend weeks outside. Hopefully not months, but weeks for sure. Have a clay bar from years ago that I want to use. Thx.
Here are the products I used minus the 3 in 1 detailer spray, might try that eventually for quick touch up in places between washes. Yeah to get the proper results from the ceramic spray coating, a proper prep is necessary which includes:

-Wash with a regular shampoo (no wash + wax combo), or a strip wash to help remove previous wax
-Iron remover (chemical decontamination)
-Clay bar (if the vehicle needs it) (physical decontamination)
-Compound + polish (removes previous protection, fixes imperfections in the paint)
-ISO alcohol spray (removes polish residue, I subbed this step with another quick wash since did not have this product)
-1 layer of Ceramic Spray Coating, 24 hr cure time
-Next day, 2nd layer of Ceramic Spray Coating, 24 hr cure time
-On next wash, before the dry step, 1 layer of Wet Wax, dry car as normal

turtlewax.jpg

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
So, I just bought this TW Ceramic Hybrid wax yesterday. It looks like it goes on like the TW Wax N Dry, but its obviously more of a Ceramic coating (and it felt that way).
What is your plan, Ceramic every so often but use the regular Wash N Wax after each wash? I don't want to overdue it with the Ceramic if it's not needed.

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
So, I just bought this TW Ceramic Hybrid wax yesterday. It looks like it goes on like the TW Wax N Dry, but its obviously more of a Ceramic coating (and it felt that way).
What is your plan, Ceramic every so often but use the regular Wash N Wax after each wash? I don't want to overdue it with the Ceramic if it's not needed.

If the paint is properly prepped, one coat should last 6 months, two coats will last up to a year. Both are subject to proper maintenance washes. I plan to wash once every week or 2. Once a month, top off with hybrid wet wax to keep the ceramic spray coating fresh. The ceramic spray is meant to be the base layer of protection.