Sponsored

Ceramic Coating questions

Free33d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm about to start ceramic coating my 2015 competition orange GT this weekend. Should I coat the side skirts, front splitter and window trim?

Feel free to share any other tips/trick you guys have.
Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
You would have to see if your ceramic coating of choice can be used on trim. Carpro has their DLUX someone just posted on with good results on their trim. But you should use something on the trim

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
hey op, a good tip would be to use carpro essence or gyeon prime. I used gyeon prime on my son's car by hand and the results were amazing. It gives you a base to start coating. You put it on and after 15 minutes you can apply the coating. No need for eraser. You can also apply with a DA
This is one day after coating and covered in dust

IMG_6595.jpg

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
i have used the Adam's wheel ceramic, and the ceramic graphene spray on my parents cars and some spots on my cars as well, along with the trims.
but i just dont see the spectacular results on the cars as everyone is saying i should see.
i watched the how to videos and did all the prep, etc....just dont see the "shine" that everyone is amazed by....maybe because i keep my cars nice and shiny i wont have a huge difference.....
based off of all the reviews here on the forum of the "miracle" working result from ceramic, i must say myself that it is a failure since im not getting the results...
fyi,
i wash, clay, clean, polish, and (wax or ceramic) with Meguiar's DA polisher before i do anything to my cars...

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Brian: With the paint used today by the auto manufacturers, the only way to get the shine you're talking about is with compound and a DA polisher. Rubbing out a car by hand would be a near total waste of time and energy. You have to have the underlying sheen first before applying ceramic.

Sponsored

Suma Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
As Kilobravo has mentioned, in order to see the sheen/gloss, the paint condition has to be glossy. Ceramic coating is simply a sacrificial layer that you coat on top of the surface. It can be clear coat, PPF, wrap, etc.

I'd put ceramic coating on all the surfaces to keep the original condition of the surfaces while making your car easy to clean.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
16FC45E6-C025-436C-91B0-19AC921277B1.jpeg

Adam’s Graphene coating, as well as any other quality coating, is definitely worth doing. But you have to do a full paint correction with a machine to really get the affects.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Looks like a '69 Chevelle SS in the garage...one of my favorite cars of all time. What motor do you have in it if you don't mind me asking? I can't remember whether stripes were an option or whether they came with specific models.
Sponsored