Cell phone holder / mount

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Another vote for pro clip. I've tried so many windshield mounted ones. Pro clip was pricey but it seems to be the right solution for me.
20190222_120011.jpg

Also got the door pocket thingies. Totally worth it.
Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Quadlock FTW.

They are expensive but I have one on my car, the truck, and two motorcycles.

rf_ross

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2017 Chevy Colorado
I just got the new Weathertech CupFone and it's great for a cupholder style phone holder.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I bought this and love it, I did trim it down to not overlap the plastic trim.

I didn't want to do it, stick tape on the dash but I got over it in about 30 seconds :D

Then bought one for the 2500HD.

Still need a 12" lightning cable for the GT.

This one, here. I love it. Very thin plate goes on your phone, and it holds it very strong, and gives you a clean shot to the 12v for charging below.
IMG_20150429_191114479.jpg

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I dislike the magnetic mounts. Mostly because the metal plates on the phone block Qi charging. I've used pro clip in several vehicles with good results every time.
For the mustang I use the pro clip with a Qi charger mount attached to it. The charger plugs into the power point in the coin tray and has an extra usb port (not the dash one) and the wiring hides behind the trim. It's a real clean mount and charges the phone every time it's in the mount.
1596493470623767169454909267092.jpg

Moonhowl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium, 2018 Nissan Frontier, 2000 Harley
What type or brand of cell phone car mounts are you guys using? None of the ones I have for my other cars work very well in the mustang. Pics?
I bought an iPhone docking station for Ford Mustang on eBay for $28 that replaces the coin tray. It includes two rubber plugs to cover the screw holes. The short USB pigtail plugs into the USB port right next to the coin tray. Very nicely designed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174269455681

72A2DFB2-80DC-48FE-9086-5BD7B7227F45.jpeg

Last edited:

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I bought an iPhone docking station for Ford Mustang on eBay for $28 that replaces the coin tray. It includes two rubber plugs to cover the screw holes. The short USB pigtail plugs into the USB port right next to the coin tray. Very nicely designed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174269455681

72A2DFB2-80DC-48FE-9086-5BD7B7227F45.jpeg
Does this rattle or creak? Do you have the switches in your car, and if so does it interfere with them?

Sponsored

SpectreGadget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I started using an ablegrid wireless charger in my car because of spirited driving in the north GA/TN/NC mountains. Magnetic was handy, but in some of the more spirited turns, the phone would slide off. And with magnetic, i can't do wireless charging. This is the holder I'm using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MZRJZG4
IMG-0014.jpg

Holds it well, but can still do single hand insert and retrieval. A little wider with the side roller/grippers, but well worth it to me to get wireless charging, one-handed use, and a secure hold. I am using the Carlinkit wireless CarPlay activator. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086JN1SGX

In my Audi, I designed and 3D-printed a holder to use instead of the included mount + vent clip setup. For the Mustang, I simplified the mount and have it mounted next to the screen with Gorilla clear tape.
IMG-0011.jpg

I looked at the Proclip, but didn't want vents blocked, and honestly, I didn't like the asymmetric look it created. Yes, I know having the phone to the side of the screen is also asymmetric, but for some reason, my brain is ok with that.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I dislike the magnetic mounts. Mostly because the metal plates on the phone block Qi charging. I've used pro clip in several vehicles with good results every time.
For the mustang I use the pro clip with a Qi charger mount attached to it. The charger plugs into the power point in the coin tray and has an extra usb port (not the dash one) and the wiring hides behind the trim. It's a real clean mount and charges the phone every time it's in the mount.
1596493470623767169454909267092.jpg
There are magnet mounts designed for Qi charging nowadays. The metal plate design is changed to a circular ring with a hollow center. Works very well, but I just haven't upgraded to them yet, because sometimes I need to use my phone and charge it at the same time which allows me to lounge back in the seat instead of reaching over to the mount.

61pGLtdC3FL._AC_SX425_.jpg

I just love how strong and clean these magnetic mounts are. Easy stick on and yank off, even when the Mustang gets airborne it still stays on.

SpectreGadget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
There are magnet mounts designed for Qi charging nowadays. The metal plate design is changed to a circular ring with a hollow center. Works very well, but I just haven't upgraded to them yet, because sometimes I need to use my phone and charge it at the same time which allows me to lounge back in the seat instead of reaching over to the mount.

61pGLtdC3FL._AC_SX425_.jpg

I just love how strong and clean these magnetic mounts are. Easy stick on and yank off, even when the Mustang gets airborne it still stays on.
I tried one awhile back, and it wasn't nearly strong enough. Maybe if it was mounted to the phone and no case, but still probably not strong enough for spirited driving... ::sunglasses:

Moonhowl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium, 2018 Nissan Frontier, 2000 Harley
Does this rattle or creak? Do you have the switches in your car, and if so does it interfere with them?
I can’t tell yet. I got the docking station, but my 2020 Mustang GT Premium is still “In Production”. I’m hoping I’ll have it next month.

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
tuned in
Sponsored