Sponsored

What cell phone holder for your S550?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I've never used them before and up until now I've been using the bigger cup holder to hold my phone.

But I'd like to try using my phone for GPS nav in the future and I'd like a holder that works well in the S550 given the interior layout.

Which do you use? Pics are always welcome and appreciated! :)

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright you pain in the ass!! I just learned how to do it and brought a photobucket account I apparently had from years ago back from the dead.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

If this works, it's actually not that hard and I can do it without a problem in the future, which will be pretty cool since it would help me as much as it would entertain others.

EDIT: ...and it worked!! That was stupid easy!!

-Emt1581

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Now would that work with an Otterbox defender case?

I have an S3 that badly needs replacing but on it I have a defender case. So rubber outer covering, hard plastic case, then the phone. Do I stick the metal plate to the underside of the rubber?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Some cases are made to accommodate the metal plate for magnetic mounts. Most aren't. I would stick it to the outside (but maybe test it inside first without peeling back the adhesive backing). With the mount to metal directly it's very, very secure. About four or five of my friends have bought one of these after seeing it in my car.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some cases are made to accommodate the metal plate for magnetic mounts. Most aren't. I would stick it to the outside (but maybe test it inside first without peeling back the adhesive backing). With the mount to metal directly it's very, very secure. About four or five of my friends have bought one of these after seeing it in my car.
For me I think the dc plug option would be the best for positioning and not sticking anything anywhere on the car. However, my PP shocks are pretty stiff and I get jolted around quite a bit. I'd be really impressed if this held a phone in place with all that jostling around.

Thanks

-Emt1581

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
For me I think the dc plug option would be the best for positioning and not sticking anything anywhere on the car. However, my PP shocks are pretty stiff and I get jolted around quite a bit. I'd be really impressed if this held a phone in place with all that jostling around.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Your PP suspension isn't very stiff actually. I'm at 50% higher wheel rates (effective spring rate at tires) and it stays put no matter what. PM incoming though ;)

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Oh shit I just pissed off ...

Alright you pain in the ass!! I just learned how to do it and brought a photobucket account I apparently had from years ago back from the dead.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

If this works, it's actually not that hard and I can do it without a problem in the future, which will be pretty cool since it would help me as much as it would entertain others.

EDIT: ...and it worked!! That was stupid easy!!

-Emt1581
---> John Wick. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice color man :thumbsup: That was my second choice. Congrats.
I don't have NAV in mine either so I was looking into the same.
ETA on mine is 07/10 in transit already by rail car. :headbang:

:ford:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---> John Wick. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I could show you a picture of another room that'd either repulse you or give you a hard-on. ;)

Wall to wall fun!

-Emt1581

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
+1 Scosche Magic Mount. Mounted to the right of the touchscreen. Works great and so much easier than other mounts.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
You guys might have me sold on that mount haha. Thinking of the suction cup one for the windshield though since I don't want to eventually have to clean 3m tape off my dash.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys might have me sold on that mount haha. Thinking of the suction cup one for the windshield though since I don't want to eventually have to clean 3m tape off my dash.
That's one I can say I'd definitely never use on this car. 2 reasons. 1) I don't want anything obstructing my view and 2) I don't want to have the circular donut mark on my windshield when not in use.

The nice thing about the USB/power option is that the conduit lets you position it however.

-Emt1581
Sponsored