Sponsored

Catless Headers w/ No Resonators

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey folks!
I'm currently rocking Stainless Works catless headers matted to the factory (resonated) cat-back. I'm debating deleting the resonators. Anyone rocking catless headers with no resonators? Any sound clips? Hoping you guys can help me decide whether to make the leap or not.
Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I had "free-flowing" mid-pipes with deleted resonators and stock cat-back. IMHO, the sound was not only loud, but very raspy as well, so I moved to a set of resonated "free-flowing" mid-pipes which was a much cleaner sound. I have since gone to a Borla Atak cat-back and like the sound even more. All in what you prefer since oftentimes one person's definition of loud, raspy, or annoying does not represent the opinion of others.

OP
OP
Bcobb85

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I had "free-flowing" mid-pipes with deleted resonators and stock cat-back. IMHO, the sound was not only loud, but very raspy as well, so I moved to a set of resonated "free-flowing" mid-pipes which was a much cleaner sound. I have since gone to a Borla Atak cat-back and like the sound even more. All in what you prefer since oftentimes one person's definition of loud, raspy, or annoying does not represent the opinion of others.
Totally agree. This is a VERY subjective question. Was hoping to get some people that are running the set-up in question to post some vids/sound clips.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
šŸ˜’ Consider updating the title and body of your post, something like:

Free Flowing Headers w/ No Resonators?

Hey folks!
I'm currently rocking free flowing Stainless Works headers mated to the factory (resonated) cat-back. I'm debating deleting the resonators. Anyone rocking free flowing headers with no resonators? Any sound clips? Hoping you guys can help me decide whether to make the leap or not.
Regarding your question, the first person that comes to mind is Louis and his youtube channel Prochargedbeast. He has ARH LTs, but if you look through his videos he really worked to refine his perfect sound on his car.. He revised his system a few times, swapping out headers, cross pipes, and exhausts as well.

Second owner that came to mind was cobracommander350 from Instagram because he has a free flowing stainless works system on his 350. Looks like the work was done back in June of 2020, so from there up should have something close.. His system is full SW, including an h-pipe, and their redline exhaust. You can find some videos of his vehicle on Instagram here.

104431805_203509164171714_8406483310082637489_n.jpg

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Heres one of my stock header, no cats, resonator delete, stock catback, simulators.

its very very very loud

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
IMHO, the voodoo sounds like trash without some attenuation. As said above, itā€™s so damn raspy. removing cats and adding long tubes will make it worse.

I run ARH long tubes, catless mids, arh x pipe, arh resonators, and OEM mufflers. Honestly, at anything but full tilt on a race track itā€™s obnoxious as hell. I canā€™t even imagine driving it on the street.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
IMHO, the voodoo sounds like trash without some attenuation. As said above, itā€™s so damn raspy. removing cats and adding long tubes will make it worse.

I run ARH long tubes, catless mids, arh x pipe, arh resonators, and OEM mufflers. Honestly, at anything but full tilt on a race track itā€™s obnoxious as hell. I canā€™t even imagine driving it on the street.
i agreeā€¦.i think a voodoo with just a resonator delete sounds absolutely amazing,

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
First vehicle is an ebay header, they have a distinct sound.. Kinda tinny, but sound decent in the video with a Corsa double helix. Second system is more of Louis (unfortunately eBay header as well), but there's another car with some kooks. They were mainly comparing the axlebacks.. But it made me remember that there's something I don't like about LTs on the stock axleback.

Never understood the idle revs, the way they sound under load is a better representation so both clips cut to driving.

On the stock exhaust, I agree. It sounds much better through something like a Corsa Extreme or SW Redline.

JG24_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Keep your resonators in place. I had the ARH HEADERS catless on my 350. It is obnoxiously loud and raspy as hell. Since then I added 300 cell GESI cats and put my stock resonators back in and it sounds so much better. Sound is still tame cruising around till you get into the pedal and it gets loud real quick but a smoother sounding loud. Thatā€™s my experience so far.
Sponsored