Sponsored

Catch Can / Oil Separators Needed or Not?

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
How many miles when you pulled your s'charger? Do you have any pics to share at the amount of oil. I'm curious as I may want to go the blower route down the road.
I had about 38,000 miles when I pulled the roushcharger to put the VMP elbow, and the twin 67mm throttle body/ I had to port the blower a little bit which is why I pulled the blower off. Don't have any pics, but had almost no oil at all.
Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
My understanding is that oil vapor being sucked into the intake affects combustion and effectively lowers the octane of the air/fuel mixture. IIRC, that was identified as the reason for the low rpm 'pinging' that some users of the FRPP ProCal experienced, and a passenger-side catch can was eventually recommended as a solution. As has been pointed out, that vapor also eventually accumulates and coats the inside of the intake manifold over time. That part of it may not be a big deal in reality though, except to those who are anal about things staying squeaky clean in their engine. ;)

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
There is another thing to think about as well. With the charge motion control valves would there be any chance over time that the oil & contaminants could gum up the valves and cause them to malfunction or stick? Was that ever an issue with the older system similar to these new CMCV's?

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What concerns me is the Coyote has so much blowby, would appear it has this problem “out of the box”.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I have a Moroso oil separator in my 2012 5.0. I drain it about once a month and it catches A LOT of oil. I will definatley be installing one in my 2015.

Better in the can than in the intake.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I have a Moroso oil separator in my 2012 5.0. I drain it about once a month and it catches A LOT of oil. I will definatley be installing one in my 2015.

Yikes that is one months worth? How many ounces would you estimate?

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT

I use the same Moroso unit but only get about a table spoon each oil change, generally double after going to the track. I check the driver side line and it's clean. I only have about 15K miles on my 2011. I change the oil after each track day.
Sponsored