Catback option

Which Catback should I choose?

• Total voters

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Looking to get a street series type catback and these are the 3 options I've come up with that I like. Eventually going to add high flow catted longtube headers down the road. Not a fan of Corsa due to the rasp and everyone and their mom has them.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Looking to get a street series type catback and these are the 3 options I've come up with that I like. Eventually going to add high flow catted longtube headers down the road. Not a fan of Corsa due to the rasp and everyone and their mom has them.
Long tubes will increase volume and rasp regardless of rear section. I had Corsa Xtremes, went long tubes, tone got too trumpety then added a pair of Vibrants. Ultimately cut off the Corsa mufflers but kept the double x and added AWE Touring rear section. This ended up being my favorite exhaust combo so far on this car. Has more character in the lower rpms but still screams up top. Still zero drone.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I bought this used. Came with MBRP street, it has an S type on it now. Can't speak to AWE, but I like the Borla over the street. The black tips look better than the chrome ones did too.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
Get the borla s type especially you going with no cat header. Borla has no drone and sound good to me. I have the atak very loud but sound good

Last edited:

Sponsored

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
MBRP isn't even close to the quality of the other two. I'd pick AWE over Borla

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
my buddy has a borla s type, it sounds really nice and is probably what i would go with if i were buying again.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
MBRP are just for saving money can’t really compare them to borla or AWE but all will be hella loud with headers. Stock cats vs high flow are almost the same flow I would not try to keep the cats. Remove them and save them if you want but the important part is remove them

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Currently running Krona with catless ARH headers. No complaints. Rarely anyone with it.

Reactions: XS

Sponsored

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I had the cheap MBRP on mine for over 3 years. It recently had durability issues.
Got a Corsa Sport cat back. Way too quiet.
Got corsa Xtremes. At first I loved them but realized under moderate acceleration they sound like a Nissan VQ. Not a bad sound but not a V8 sound.

Going back to MBRP. The sound is nice IMO. They offer the street in T304 stainless steel like most of the expensive brands at least on Lethals site.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I am a fan of the Borla S Type personally. But the MBRP sound great too for a street car. Hit me up and we can get you a great deal on either setup. Lethalperformance.com

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
Long tubes will increase volume and rasp regardless of rear section. I had Corsa Xtremes, went long tubes, tone got too trumpety then added a pair of Vibrants. Ultimately cut off the Corsa mufflers but kept the double x and added AWE Touring rear section. This ended up being my favorite exhaust combo so far on this car. Has more character in the lower rpms but still screams up top. Still zero drone.
Have any videos of your setup? I have longtubes, x pipe and Corsa Xtremes. Sometimes I feel it's a bit too high pitched down low, but sounds amazing up top.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Have any videos of your setup? I have longtubes, x pipe and Corsa Xtremes. Sometimes I feel it's a bit too high pitched down low, but sounds amazing up top.
Sure this was on the dyno, ARH LTH into Corsa double x finishing in AWE Touring. First part in lower rpm you can tell much more tone than the Corsa, but after the hit you get the volume and scream without as much trumpety tone.

Sponsored