CASEADVISOR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT-OIL CONSUMPTION/STARVATION

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
For everyone's awareness. https://caseadvisor.org/active-investigations/ford-shelby-gt350-engine-failure/

gt350-head-failure.jpg

Ford Shelby GT350 Oil Consumption and Engine Failure
Home » Active Investigations » Ford Shelby GT350 Oil Consumption and Engine Failure
CaseAdvisor is investigating a class action lawsuit on behalf of owners who purchased a Ford Shelby GT350 (model years 2016-18) that are prone to engine oil consumption, starvation and failure.

It has been alleged that certain Shelby GT350 vehicles have suffered from oil consumption, and oil pump issues resulting in low oil pressure within the engine. When this occurs, the internal components of the engine, including the crankshaft, connecting rods, main bearings, connecting rod bearings and cylinder walls, are subjected to severe conditions resulting in premature wear and ultimate failure. As a result, owners may be forced to pay out-of-pocket for engine repairs and replacements.

GT350 Engine Details(5.2 Voodoo Engine)
Engine: 5.2 L V8
Horsepower: 526 hp
Cylinder Alignment: V8
Displacement: 5163 cm3 / 314.8 cui
Engine Lubricant Oil Capacity: 9.5 liter / 10 U.S. qt / 8.4 imp. qt
Engine Coolant Capacity: 60 liter / 15.9 U.S. gal / 13.2 imp. gal
Code-named: Voodoo
More details on Ford's GT350 Engine.

Low oil pressure or engine failure with your Ford Shelby GT350?
If you have experienced oil consumption, low oil pressure or engine failure with your 2016-18 Ford Shelby GT350, please contact us by filling out the form on this page.
Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
This isn't a class action lawsuit. All it is is a bunch of plaintiff's lawyers looking to drum up business. No lawsuit has been filed.

CaseAdvisor.org has formed a partnership with over a dozen lawyers, all specializing in the areas of Mass Tort and Class Action law. Through this partnership, we are able to provide consumers with free legal advice.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not so long since the last class action lawsuit where they told me I can’t drive my car due to overheating. Which one should I join?

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
It'll be really hard to get a class action settlement when Ford can demonstrate they've been great about replacing engines with issues under warranty.

Now, if only I could say the same for the CF wheels ...

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm surprised. 17s are still under warranty. I haven't heard of a '16 oil consumption issue. There are no damages. Ford is replacing engines as needed. End of story.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This isn't a class action lawsuit. All it is is a bunch of plaintiff's lawyers looking to drum up business. No lawsuit has been filed.
Yes, a bunch of crap.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Yes, a bunch of crap.
Don’t necessarily disagree, but a plaintiffs class action attorney needs to assess the affected class and get data and contacts, so this is one way to do it before certifying the class.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Don’t necessarily disagree, but a plaintiffs class action attorney needs to assess the affected class and get data and contacts, so this is one way to do it before certifying the class.
Any lawsuit revolves around damages. Engines are being replaced at fords cost. What are the damages?

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There are a couple of potential areas where this could result in actual damages. Several have worried about resale value without a numbers matching engine although I expect this would be very slight in terms of actual damages. Also several stories have mentioned loss of use for extended periods of time which might be considered an actual damage (loss of consortium so to speak). Finally, when these cars are out of warranty and if we start to see more late failures this could change the game especially if there is an internal Ford memo documenting a manufacturing defect to explain why some are failing and most not. Not in favor of lawsuits. If mine failed out of its extended warranty and if otherwise remained in great shape (garaged from November to April), I'd strongly consider footing the bill to either replace the voodoo or consider 5.2l cpc because it is such a great car to me and the replacement would be much cheaper than something comparable new. Just mentioning possibilities.

Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Any lawsuit revolves around damages. Engines are being replaced at fords cost. What are the damages?
Loss of use, consequential damages (break down across country, lost non refundable track event/racing fees, ect), loss of value due to replaced engine (non serialized / signed block), accelerated depreciation severity due to market mistrust of a car with a serious defect.

I’m not stating an opinion here, just that these are valid damages claims.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Loss of use, consequential damages (break down across country, lost non refundable track event/racing fees, ect), loss of value due to replaced engine (non serialized / signed block), accelerated depreciation severity due to market mistrust of a car with a serious defect.

I’m not stating an opinion here, just that these are valid damages claims.
Sounds frivolous to me.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
We have gap insurance to deal with that. Ask an auto manufacturer to warranty a broken engine, ask an insurance agent/policy to address a potential loss of assets via gap insurance. In my twisted little world, I'd drown actuaries, not lawyers.