Sponsored

CarPlay Hub Poll

17+ Owners: Does Apple CarPlay work using your front console USB port (not armrest)?

• Total voters

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
Ok - I just checked. Both my plugs enable CarPlay.

I had the non nav in my 16, switched to an 8” Snyc with nav from a 19. I swapped the hub and both cables - both genuine Ford.

They’re two separate cables and bagged as two separate part #s. One was longer than other. Then I wired as the diagram I posted above.

I’m not sure what you mean by your cables taped/bound together.
Sponsored

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Exactly! Both cables are sourced separately. I can’t find a part number for both cables wrapped together as a harness assembly. If they replaced just one cable, would they have gone through the trouble of unwrapping and re-wrapping? It still looks OEM.
The usb cables are not harnessed together OEM. I’ve done 2 4” to 8” sync swaps - one on 19 GT and one on 16 GT350. They’re separate.

OP
OP

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang

I had the non nav in my 16, switched to an 8” Snyc with nav from a 19. I swapped the hub and both cables - both genuine Ford.

They’re two separate cables and bagged as two separate part #s. One was longer than other. Then I wired as the diagram I posted above.

When I remove the armrest hub, you can see that all 3 cables that plug into the hub are wrapped together in that fabric-type tape wrap used by the factory. To replace separate cables, the tape would have to be peeled away, cable replaced, then fabric tape reapplied.

OP
OP

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
The usb cables are not harnessed together OEM. I’ve done 2 4” to 8” sync swaps - one on 19 GT and one on 16 GT350. They’re separate.
Agreed, they are separate cables. In my car, they’re wrapped together using the fabric tape.

OP
OP

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang

Do you have any documentation lying around indicating whether you used a 14D202 B or 14D202 D hub-to-front console cable? Looks like the B was discontinued and replaced by the D.
It may be a stretch, but what if the B is the 15-16 cable, and the D is 2017 up? They put a B in my car. This may explain why the car behaves like a 16 with the updated armrest hub. Just a hunch.

Sponsored

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any documentation lying around indicating whether you used a 14D202 B or 14D202 D hub-to-front console cable? Looks like the B was discontinued and replaced by the D.
It may be a stretch, but what if the B is the 15-16 cable, and the D is 2017 up? They put a B in my car. This may explain why the car behaves like a 16 with the updated armrest hub. Just a hunch.
I do not. They were bagged and I threw the packaging out.