Sponsored

CARiD Sucks

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
In a pinch I tried some from Autozone and Advance Auto, didn’t work for me so I ended up ordering the OEM. They’re the front clamps that connect the headers to mid pipe
Well that's a completely different clamp than I was talking about! I'd definitely go OEM for that one. I don't order much from auto parts stores, ever. But when I do, I buy from O'Reillys. I use to have a big jacked up diesel truck and would go through about 3 front wheel bearings a year buying from auto zone or advanced. Bought from O'Reilly's one year and never replaced another one up until selling it 2 years later. Just my experience.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
BTW - the dealer in Arizona is Sanderson Ford. Screw those guys. They sent me the wrong parts, they got the parts back, and they won't give me all my money back. Scumbags
It occurs to me that scumbag is the wrong descriptor. Thieves would be better since they've decided to keep your money and the "bad" part.
Walk into any store for a refund and, if they won't you walk back out with the item
Here, not so much so it sounds like theft to me.
I think I'd be sure to point out to the CC company that they won't even return the part.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Once I disputed an Uber ride (Credit Card) that was a "no show". Now I can never take an Uber again or I pay the ride that never showed up. How fucked up is that? 😅
Don't get me going on uber. And Carid sucks. Just another drop shipper. I would use rock auto any day.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
BBB is a joke. Do not put any faith in their rating.
Same with Google. They post for pay. Never forget that.

Credit card dispute is the way to go.
Obviously the cc is the 1st thing but the BBB complaint is the icing on the cake. It's worked plenty for me. I never even thought about it until the wife put in a complaint on a hotel we had an issue with once. The upper management kept calling to make things right with us. The guy asked for a suggestion & he go them.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Not to mention all the time the OP lost and can't get a "refund" for that. Companies place NO value on our time whatsoever.

I check the call time once I finally get a human on the line and it is rarely less than 3 minutes to get through all their damn menu choices! And one wrong choice means you may as well hang up and start over.

SkyBlast

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ponytales.org
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT with PP1
Do yourself a favor and don't order from CARiD.

I ordered two exhaust clamps from CARiD. First of all, I'm in MA and they sourced it from Arizona, not the most efficient so shipping took a while. I get the parts, and they're the wrong part. So the Arizona dealer pulled the wrong part from their inventory. I request a refund from CARiD, and they say it takes 3-5 business days just to email me a return label? Pretty ridiculous, but ok. I get the label, send the parts back to the manufacturer, and they get there. I call CARiD since I haven't heard anything from them, and they say yeah we see it got delivered, give another 3-5 business days for the dealer to "inspect the parts" and confirm that they can refund me. Starting to get pissed off at this point because they sent me the wrong parts in the first place and this is holding up a project. Here's where it all goes to s**t. The dealer in Arizona claims that one of the exhaust clamps was "missing a label" so they will only refund me for ONE of the clamps. Keep in mind these are $45 a pop so not cheap enough where I don't care about losing the money. I call CARiD and emphatically explain to them that I returned the parts exactly as they came, I didn't even try to install (which is true). CARiD says ok we'll escalate the issue, and to wait another 2-3 business days. I wait. I call back. They say yep you're good we'll issue you the full refund! I'm happy, waiting for the refund. I get an email this morning about getting a refund, but it's only for the amount of one of the clamps?? So I call CARiD, and they go back on their word. They won't give me the full refund because the dealer refuses to credit them the full amount since "one of the clamps is missing a label." Who cares if it's missing a label when you have the actual part in hand??? You know, the piece that actually costs money and has value???? So now between the cost of the second clamp and shipping, I'm out like $60 for no reason. Anyways, learn from my experience, don't order from CARiD. I should've come to the forums first. I ordered the parts from @LevittownFordParts since everyone on here recommends them, and I'll only be using them for OEM parts in the future. I know most of this isn't exactly CARiD's fault and more the dealer's, but the overall experience just sucked so don't even bother with them.

BTW - the dealer in Arizona is Sanderson Ford. Screw those guys. They sent me the wrong parts, they got the parts back, and they won't give me all my money back. Scumbags
Time to send this info to your CC company and request a charge back.

OP
OP
nicksalvadore24

nicksalvadore24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1

Sponsored
OP
OP
nicksalvadore24

nicksalvadore24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Since I was the first to suggest that I'll take a bow and the accolades 👏 🤣

Seriously though, glad it worked out well for you! It's nice to see bad actors get what they deserve!
Yes thank you for the suggestion!
Sponsored