Carbon Fiber Addicts Anonymous Thread

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Why is it so hard to find a good CF radio bezel? Any recommendations. Looking for one without a CD slot. 2019

Richard
Your preaching to the Choire, I have been wanting one for a year. I was told, the bends are so sharp it is extremely difficult to bend the carbon fiber when molding. The only one I know makes them is Trufiber and they are out.
Sponsored

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have a gt350 looking for a matte carbon dash kit looking for real carbon not overlays who makes the best one

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I have a gt350 looking for a matte carbon dash kit looking for real carbon not overlays who makes the best one
I just installed Trufiber front CF dash, (dual gauge) and CF A- Pillars. The pillars are pretty hard to install. I am now having "ALL" door switch panel bezels, window panel, Door Unlock Handle and the door hand grab handle made right now from Mustang Carbon Com. The guy did say he is a perfectionist and will not be like some of the cheap looking China made Bezels, panels. When he gets them made and sent to me, I will evaluate the quality, finish and fit. I like the 2x2 CF twill gloss finish. I also have Anderson Co.posite, Shelby GT350R CF spoiler, Rear lower CF Quad Diffuser, Side CF Rocker panels being made. 8-16 weeks.

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I just I stalled Trufiber front dash, (dual gauge) and A- Pillars. The pillars are pretty hard to install. I am now having "ALL" door panels made right now from Mustang Carbon Com. The guy did say he is a perfectionist and not like some of the cheap looking China made Bezels, panels. When he gets them made and sent time I will evaluate the quality, finish and fit. I like the 2x2 CF twill gloss finish. I also have Anderson Co.posite, Shelby GT350R CF spoiler, Rear lower CF Quad Diffuser, Side CF Rocker panels being made. 8-16 weeks.
full door panels?! Canā€™t wait to see that. How much is that running you?

I checked out that website and will def get the interior door latches in the future. Thatā€™s one chrome option in the interior that would be good to switch out and I havenā€™t seen any other company that makes them.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
full door panels?! Canā€™t wait to see that. How much is that running you?

I checked out that website and will def get the interior door latches in the future. Thatā€™s one chrome option in the interior that would be good to switch out and I havenā€™t seen any other company that makes them.
I agree. On the doors,I meant to say Door window switch panel/bezel, Door handle latch with memories button option, the actual Door handle lever, and the door grab hand bar cover. Not the entire inside door panel assembly.

Sponsored

PeterParker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 4T Premium, 2018 Mazda 6 GTR
I thought that I would make a change. I never did care for the satin silver bezels within the brushed silver dash panel (which I like).

PXL_20220108_214051828.jpg

PXL_20220108_214025103_2.jpg

zx2reme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else having issues getting anything done with Carbon Cartel? Been waiting on them a while now, they don't return any messages either...
I ordered from them last February. Spent about $1100. By April, I was getting frustrated because I had no info on shipping. I emailed and threatened I would get my credit card company involved and within a day, i got an email saying a shipping label had been created. Of course nothing got shipped. By June I just called credit card company and got money back.

s1stl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I just installed Trufiber front CF dash, (dual gauge) and CF A- Pillars. The pillars are pretty hard to install. I am now having "ALL" door switch panel bezels, window panel, Door Unlock Handle and the door hand grab handle made right now from Mustang Carbon Com. The guy did say he is a perfectionist and will not be like some of the cheap looking China made Bezels, panels. When he gets them made and sent to me, I will evaluate the quality, finish and fit. I like the 2x2 CF twill gloss finish. I also have Anderson Co.posite, Shelby GT350R CF spoiler, Rear lower CF Quad Diffuser, Side CF Rocker panels being made. 8-16 weeks.
Curious to see how this turns out for you. I was looking at Mustang Carbon as well but I want to go with the matte finish. I reached out to the guy and he said due to the process for matte finish he only does a big batch of pieces. I didn't want to spend a few grand without seeing some examples.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Curious to see how this turns out for you. I was looking at Mustang Carbon as well but I want to go with the matte finish. I reached out to the guy and he said due to the process for matte finish he only does a big batch of pieces. I didn't want to spend a few grand without seeing some examples.
Well, I just emailed him asking for an update. He did tell me he makes his own carbon fiber bezels, panels here at his shop. He did tell me it would take around 8-10 weeks so we are still good on the time.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Guys I need some carbon expertise. Iā€™m thinking of doing a 350R Carbon Spoiler. Iā€™ve narrowed it to Anderson and Trufiber. Anderson is 1300.00 and Trufiber is 2900.00. Anderson says theirs is made off 350R tooling. Is there a 1600.00 quality difference šŸ˜³ What the heck is the difference in the two šŸ„“

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Guys I need some carbon expertise. Iā€™m thinking of doing a 350R Carbon Spoiler. Iā€™ve narrowed it to Anderson and Trufiber. Anderson is 1300.00 and Trufiber is 2900.00. Anderson says theirs is made off 350R tooling. Is there a 1600.00 quality difference šŸ˜³ What the heck is the difference in the two šŸ„“
Most likely itā€™s the amount of time invested in designing it. Trufiber had to start from scratch so their cost to profit margin is a lot narrower than AC

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Most likely itā€™s the amount of time invested in designing it. Trufiber had to start from scratch so their cost to profit margin is a lot narrower than AC
So you think due to the fact Anderson as able to build of ford tooling passes on the savings?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
So you think due to the fact Anderson as able to build of ford tooling passes on the savings?
Just a guess. They make the CF parts for the GT500. I donā€™t know if they made the original wings for the GT350R but if they did it makes sense why they are cheaper.

smiddy012

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2020
I havenā€™t received my order from September 1st. nor heard anything from them.
I ordered from them last February. Spent about $1100. By April, I was getting frustrated because I had no info on shipping. I emailed and threatened I would get my credit card company involved and within a day, i got an email saying a shipping label had been created. Of course nothing got shipped. By June I just called credit card company and got money back.
So on one hand, Carbon Cartel offers probably the neatest/most well-done interior carbon fiber pieces you can get for a Mustang...

But on the other, their customer service is such trash I'd rather deal with Chinese sellers, because at least they respond. Once you put money down, its anyone's guess when you're going to receive your order (despite whatever their website says).

Someone filed a complaint on them at BBB, so yeah this is the common theme... Funny part is that the complaint actually prompted Carbon Cartel to do something for the customer...

Last edited:

WarMachine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 10R80 Iconic Silver
Manual or automatic?

Anyone know if you can you buy the shift knob from the carbon sport interior package on the 2018? I tried looking, but all I found is the Ford Performance knob. I looked in a parts catalog and just found the standard shift knob.
Sponsored