Carbon Fiber Addicts Anonymous Thread

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Absolutely amazing, thanks for sharing! I like both fiber patterns, but the forged is unique, very nice.
You said you got a Radio/cavitation replacement bezel? Who did you buy it from. I only know if Trufiber who sell 100% interior replacement stuff. Looks Great

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You said you got a Radio/cavitation replacement bezel? Who did you buy it from. I only know if Trufiber who sell 100% interior replacement stuff. Looks Great
I think you meant to quote me. All my interior pieces are from trufiber.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I think you meant to quote me. All my interior pieces are from trufiber.
Then how the heck did you get a Radio/Navigation bezel, Ive been trying to get one for a while. Post pictures.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Then how the heck did you get a Radio/Navigation bezel, Ive been trying to get one for a while. Post pictures.
I called them to find out when they might have them back in stock and then logged in and bought one at that time. Don’t have pics yet, it’s still in a box.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I called them to find out when they might have them back in stock and then logged in and bought one at that time. Don’t have pics yet, it’s still in a box.
Glad you got one. Thanks

PeterParker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 4T Premium, 2018 Mazda 6 GTR
Is that even real carbon fiber?
That does not matter to me. A lot of pieces in this thread are not 'real' CF. Some things I have are made with CF and some are not. I like the look and I did make an offer which was accepted for about $20. I will see what they look like and post a pic.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
That does not matter to me. A lot of pieces in this thread are not 'real' CF. Some things I have are made with CF and some are not. I like the look and I did make an offer which was accepted for about $20. I will see what they look like and post a pic.
I like the response and the attitude. It is easy to fall prey to those that because they don't care for a product are ready to criticize someone else's choice.

Sponsored

smiddy012

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2020
I haven't seen anybody else with these, probably the best thing you can do to the quarter grille areas of a S550.2. Seem to be modeled based on the Roush quarter grille covers:

IMG_0550.jpg

I have already bought a pair and the fitment is just about perfect, and they're a pretty straight-forward install w 3m tape, though I cannot vouge for any other product from this China-based website: 18-20 CARBON FIBER FRONT BUMPER FOG LIGHT AIR VENT COVER

They're why I've decided not to do a GT500 bumper swap, they turn the greatest weakness IMO of the front side of the car into a strength. The lines are pretty much perfect and there is no bad angle.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Have a quick question guys. Looking for carbon interior parts. Do any venders make a full carbon interior or are all of them laying the carbon over the factory pieces and bonding them? The ones I’ve researched are doing that or are stuck on with double sided tape.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Have a quick question guys. Looking for carbon interior parts. Do any venders make a full carbon interior or are all of them laying the carbon over the factory pieces and bonding them? The ones I’ve researched are doing that or are stuck on with double sided tape.
Trufiber makes their own composite panels and then skin them with CF. I doubt anyone is making fully CF pieces as it’s too cost prohibitive.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I just posted that I found a shop in the US which make 100% CF replacement interior Panels, Bezels. I just ordered all of the door CF stuff. I will post in month or so when they are made and I receive and install them. Good Luck

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
+1 on the Trufiber parts. All my stuff have been great quality and fitment. However there’s 1 guy here on the forum that received a faulty part. It happens from time to time but they’ll own up to it.

There’s also a guy in Florida as well as here in the Bay Area that makes total custom parts but it does require a core and the cost is considerable. The guy here in CA does a lot of high end cars. If interested I can try to dig up their contact info.
Sponsored