Sponsored

Carbon Fiber Addicts Anonymous Thread

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Trufiber makes their own composite panels and then skin them with CF. I doubt anyone is making fully CF pieces as it’s too cost prohibitive.
How about Carbon Core ? Have anyone tried their products ? just wondering!

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
How about Carbon Core ? Have anyone tried their products ? just wondering!
I ordered a radio bezel overlay from them today, 199, will have to see how it is. Been waiting on a direct replacement to order from Trufiber but I have been waiting ages for a in stock notification.

Richard

kmetz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Conv. 16 Cadi SRX 18 Cadi XT5
I love CF. Had entire interior CF accents in my wrangler. Now that I have the mustang trying to decide how much to add. Came with CF around the cup holders and shifter. Thinking of adding around nav screen, top part of passenger dash and around the window switches on doors to start. Will probably stick with the black but kind of liking the red. Maybe red/black combo??

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Has anyone gotten red carbon/kevlar option from Carbon Cartel? They show as an option on their website, but no pics. I emailed them once, but as everyone’s seen, their responsiveness is non-existent. Any other vendors that might have that option?

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Has anyone gotten red carbon/kevlar option from Carbon Cartel? They show as an option on their website, but no pics. I emailed them once, but as everyone’s seen, their responsiveness is non-existent. Any other vendors that might have that option?
S550parts.bigcartel.com

they have a ton of stuff not listed on their website. Sent them an email.

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Thanks for the lead, but looks like they only sell covers vs complete trim piece.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thanks for the lead, but looks like they only sell covers vs complete trim piece.
Yeah you’re gonna find that replacement trim pieces are only offered by 2 or 3 companies and they only tend to make 2x2 weave or possibly forged, but I’ve yet to see any colors added unless they’re overlays.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a radio bezel overlay from them today, 199, will have to see how it is. Been waiting on a direct replacement to order from Trufiber but I have been waiting ages for a in stock notification.

Richard
Cool! let us know how it goes!

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Will do, according to their website it will be 4 to 6 weeks. Hopefully sooner than later.

Richard

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Cool! let us know how it goes!

Richard
Same situation here. Getting a replacement Radio/Navigation bezel is hard from Trufiber. Is the one you just ordered from this company a replacement Bezel or stick on over lay?. I need one also.

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Same situation here. Getting a replacement Radio/Navigation bezel is hard from Trufiber. Is the one you just ordered from this company a replacement Bezel or stick on over lay?. I need one also.
This is the one I ordered, it is a layover, but the infotainment area is part of it, unlike a lot of others I have seen. You can see the backside showing it is real carbon fiber. I have high hopes. But, I am prepared for the garbage as well. If anything it will satisfy my need until I can get a full replacement.

Richard

https://thecarboncore.com/products/carboncore™-full-carbon-fiber-1-piece-media-console-overlay

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
This is the one I ordered, it is a layover, but the infotainment area is part of it, unlike a lot of others I have seen. You can see the backside showing it is real carbon fiber. I have high hopes. But, I am prepared for the garbage as well. If anything it will satisfy my need until I can get a full replacement.

Richard

https://thecarboncore.com/products/carboncore™-full-carbon-fiber-1-piece-media-console-overlay
I wish they made them with the Top Cross Bar like Trufiber has. It is hit and miss on eBay to get 100% CF bezels for allot are Hydro-Dipped which doesn't have the 3D look. Tough. When did you say you should have it? Definitely let me know. Thanks

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Site said 4 to 6 weeks. I will report back after receiving and give feedback on it.

Richard

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I wish they made them with the Top Cross Bar like Trufiber has. It is hit and miss on eBay to get 100% CF bezels for allot are Hydro-Dipped which doesn't have the 3D look. Tough. When did you say you should have it? Definitely let me know. Thanks
I just looked at S550 Big Cartel. For 6 small bezels they want over $150 Shipping, NOPE For Me
Sponsored