Car shipping

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'll be shipping mine. I don't want to run the risk of rock chips without PPF on yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
I'll be shipping mine. I don't want to run the risk of rock chips without PPF on yet.
I already got mine Ppf/ceramic coated at granger. If I didn't do that, I definitely wouldnt even consider driving it home.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So I did attempt to set up shipping through another company, just incase I catch a bite while I'm building up some p.t.o. to take time off to pick up my car. I went through nationwide auto transportation. They called me last night at 7:04pm, I missed the call and called them back immediately at 7:05pm, 1 minute later. The call I made to them went straight to voicemail, so I left a voicemail. I didn't get a voicemail from them the first time they called me. So that was upsetting to miss a call by 1 minute. Well I work 10pm-6am, I got off work a couple hours early and knocked out by 5am. I missed a call at 7:13am, I woke up at 8:40am and called them back. They did leave a voicemail this saying there was a trucker with a route nearby who was willing to pick up my car and transport it for 1843$ TODAY!! Well by the time I called them back, they were no longer able to get ahold of the trucker, who was willing to pick up the car today, August 2nd, and drop it off by August 8th. They told me they would attempt to get ahold of the driver again. I called them back an hour later at 9:40am, they still couldn't get ahold of the driver. So I missed getting immediate transportation by missing a phone call by 1 minute last night. That really just made me sad, because I've been car-less for a year now, and I really want to drive! And walking around sucks. I recently bought my mom a car because she was car-less, and she needed it for her job, and so she could help me get around a bit from time to time because I dislocated one of my ribs a month or two ago while I was skateboarding. That's what I get for having my phone on vibrate I guess. 😩😩

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
20 minutes after my last post, nationwide auto transportation called me, to let me know they found another driver who will pick my car 08/04-08/05, and have it delivered in 7 days. I put my deposit down, and that's that. I'm kind of bummed still about paying the 1845$ (it went up 2$ idk why?, lol) but honestly it's my fault for not being patient enough to wait 3 weeks to fly out to Iowa, and save 1000$ Nationwide auto transportation found me a new driver immediately. And although the price isn't the lowest, atleast there wasn't a wait time. The first company had almost 2 weeks to find a driver from my scheduled pick up date, and still failed to contact me when they didn't find one. This company found one next day for me, on 2 separate occasions. The 1st one I missed out on, the 2nd one I booked. I'll let everyone know how the delivery process goes. I will also let everyone know if, in the end, the company had a good satisfaction rate with me or not.

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
20 minutes after my last post, nationwide auto transportation called me, to let me know they found another driver who will pick my car 08/04-08/05, and have it delivered in 7 days. I put my deposit down, and that's that. I'm kind of bummed still about paying the 1845$ (it went up 2$ idk why?, lol) but honestly it's my fault for not being patient enough to wait 3 weeks to fly out to Iowa, and save 1000$ Nationwide auto transportation found me a new driver immediately. And although the price isn't the lowest, atleast there wasn't a wait time. The first company had almost 2 weeks to find a driver from my scheduled pick up date, and still failed to contact me when they didn't find one. This company found one next day for me, on 2 separate occasions. The 1st one I missed out on, the 2nd one I booked. I'll let everyone know how the delivery process goes. I will also let everyone know if, in the end, the company had a good satisfaction rate with me or not.
Thanks for all the info. This is helpful in figuring out how the process might happen.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Is renting a truck and trailer out of the question? I just went through this two months ago. I looked at shipping from Kansas City to Sarasota Florida and finally decided that I should just drive it and enjoy it. I’m glad I did too, as it was a fun 24+ hours of windshield time.
I am driving up there in the 250 with a borrow car hauler and gonna tow it back. Got a sister along the way, and a few old military friends and other mustang friends as well. So I'll visit a few, car will come in and out of the trailer a couple of times. be a fun little trip in late october I am thinking.

I have considered getting it PPF'd and Ceramic coated up there then just driving it back, but don't really want to have to do all the break in requirements WHILE also having to get somewhere. I'd rather do that over a few weekends once I get it home, same with burnishing the brakes, got a perfect place near me to get that taken care of easily, 30 miles of straight 4 lane roads, no lights, no traffic

GotNotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Z71
So I did attempt to set up shipping through another company, just incase I catch a bite while I'm building up some p.t.o. to take time off to pick up my car. I went through nationwide auto transportation. They called me last night at 7:04pm, I missed the call and called them back immediately at 7:05pm, 1 minute later. The call I made to them went straight to voicemail, so I left a voicemail. I didn't get a voicemail from them the first time they called me. So that was upsetting to miss a call by 1 minute. Well I work 10pm-6am, I got off work a couple hours early and knocked out by 5am. I missed a call at 7:13am, I woke up at 8:40am and called them back. They did leave a voicemail this saying there was a trucker with a route nearby who was willing to pick up my car and transport it for 1843$ TODAY!! Well by the time I called them back, they were no longer able to get ahold of the trucker, who was willing to pick up the car today, August 2nd, and drop it off by August 8th. They told me they would attempt to get ahold of the driver again. I called them back an hour later at 9:40am, they still couldn't get ahold of the driver. So I missed getting immediate transportation by missing a phone call by 1 minute last night. That really just made me sad, because I've been car-less for a year now, and I really want to drive! And walking around sucks. I recently bought my mom a car because she was car-less, and she needed it for her job, and so she could help me get around a bit from time to time because I dislocated one of my ribs a month or two ago while I was skateboarding. That's what I get for having my phone on vibrate I guess. 😩😩
$1843! Why so high? Doesn’t Zach have trucking companies he uses? I planned to use whoever he suggested. His guestimate was $700-$800.

edit I see you are a lot further than me. I am about 16 hours away. Still Zach had no options for you??

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Your parents did a great job raising you. Did you ever stop to think about what a great thing you did helping your mom out over yourself?
I’m sure good things will happen for you. Good for you. You may wanna rethink the skateboarding thing though. :)

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I am driving up there in the 250 with a borrow car hauler and gonna tow it back. Got a sister along the way, and a few old military friends and other mustang friends as well. So I'll visit a few, car will come in and out of the trailer a couple of times. be a fun little trip in late october I am thinking.

I have considered getting it PPF'd and Ceramic coated up there then just driving it back, but don't really want to have to do all the break in requirements WHILE also having to get somewhere. I'd rather do that over a few weekends once I get it home, same with burnishing the brakes, got a perfect place near me to get that taken care of easily, 30 miles of straight 4 lane roads, no lights, no traffic
Anyone skimming to look for shipping updates, skip this post.

I've been debating doing a proper burnishing of the brakes on the highway at 3am when there are zero cars around. Wouldnt be too hard with how dead the highways are near me. And when i said zero cars around, i mean it, this isn't something i would do if anyone was around, even if it "seemed" safe. Its either no one is around, or i dont do it. Coming to a complete stop on the highway is not safe by any means, but my local highways are really well lit, so I'm not worried about not seeing someone in the dark either.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
$1843! Why so high? Doesn’t Zach have trucking companies he uses? I planned to use whoever he suggested. His guestimate was $700-$800.

edit I see you are a lot further than me. I am about 16 hours away. Still Zach had no options for you??
There are lots of variables. Like no trucker wants to pick up only 1 car.. so if your car isn't in a route that a trucker is already taking with multiple cars, he makes next to nothing. This affects wait times and prices. Covid had also made an impact on prices. Lots of people are moving out of cali, because of cost of living and loss of jobs in cali. This is word of mouth from multiple car shipping brokers I talked to. Lots of cars are being shipped east, so it's easier and cheaper to find shipping if you're leaving the west coast. But people are really moving to the west coast right now, and since not a lot of cars are being shipped this way, no one wanted to contract the job for a "standard" price.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Your parents did a great job raising you. Did you ever stop to think about what a great thing you did helping your mom out over yourself?
I’m sure good things will happen for you. Good for you. You may wanna rethink the skateboarding thing though. :)
Anyone skimming to look for shipping updates, skip this post. ⬇

Tbh, I didnt originally buy the car for her. I bought it for me. It's just a Crown Victoria. I needed a temporary car to get around after dislocated my rib. But she also was in need of a car, so instead of registering it in my name, I figured i could give it to her, and register it in her name, so we don't have to pay to do that again later. And on another side note, I kind of raised myself. My parents divorced when I was first born. My mom got into meth when I was 1 and my dad was abusive to me growing up, so I chose to live with my mom. I had a step dad that kept me pretty straight, but he was too busy working to keep a roof over my head to really be there to raise me. I left home at 16. My mom got sober when I was 20, and after a bad break up with my lady at the time, I moved back home with my mom when I was 22. Now I'm 27, 28 next week, and this is the first time I had a real relationship with my mom. When I turned 23 she got her first job since I was a toddler. This is the best I've ever seen my mom doing in life, and I'm really proud of her. But through the mess of a life that I've had, Skateboarding is the one thing that kept me grounded, and kept me from going down a bad road In life, I cant give it up.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Here is my actual update. TL;DR, car got picked up Friday morning/mid day, and is en route. So far I'm pretty happy with my experience with nationwide auto transportation.

Since i didnt really have the time to post when the car first got picked up: tuesday I posted the car was expected to be picked up wednesday or thursday. Well my email gave me the drivers contact info, so I decided to give him a call Wednesday morning, Just so I could ask him what his time frame was looking like, since he was the one doing the driving, not the brokers. He said he had a car to pick up in Indianapolis still, and that he would get to granger either Thursday night, or friday morning (a 1 day delay if it vets picked up friday, but I didnt mind). I also got a call from Jay@granger 2 hours after this, and he just let me know that the driver had contacted him for pick up, I'm glad the driver communicated a time frame to jay. Then it was thursday, and I messaged jay a little bit back and forth in the morning, but about an hour before his shift ended I asked if he heard from the driver.. he hadnt heard from him that day. Low and behold I woke up Friday to few texts and missed calls from jay about the car being picked up. It is now en route, and I'm happily waiting for the car to arrive in my drive way.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
My truck carrier called me tonight 08/09, to tell me he will be here tomorrow afternoon. He couldn't give me an exact time, but he said he would give me another call an hour in advance to let me know when he would be here. My work schedule just changed this week, and I have monday Tuesdays off of work now, so it was completely fine by me that he couldn't give me an approximate arrival time. Isk if he will be here early afternoon or late afternoon. But fuck my life, I'm too excited to sleep. Lol

Edit: I hope he gets here before 3pm so I can get the car licensed today.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Update:slightly unrelated to the actual car being shipped. I went and got the car registered and licensed today! That way when it ships today, I'll be ready to go and drive it, even if it arrives a little late! 😀 I only slept 3 hours last night. I couldn't sleep, I'm too excited. The driver said he would contact me 1 hour before he arrives, but he hasn't called me yet. Probably because its 10am and he said he would be here in the afternoon. Hurry up clock! 😭😭

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Update:slightly unrelated to the actual car being shipped. I went and got the car registered and licensed today! That way when it ships today, I'll be ready to go and drive it, even if it arrives a little late! 😀 I only slept 3 hours last night. I couldn't sleep, I'm too excited. The driver said he would contact me 1 hour before he arrives, but he hasn't called me yet. Probably because its 10am and he said he would be here in the afternoon. Hurry up clock! 😭😭
You’re making me excited for YOU!
BTW,- It looks like my turn is coming. My VB M1 is being built as we speak!
Sponsored