Sponsored

Check for Shipping Blocks

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)
After watching the Stangmode video where he was getting new tires and they noticed the shipping blocks were still in place I made sure to look on mine upon picking it up from the dealer.

The shipping blocks had not been removed on mine either. So, do yourself a favor and just take a quick peak under the front fenders to see if those yellow shipping blocks are still installed before taking off. I'm not sure if it's an item most cars don't come with so they keep missing it or what, but it's worth checking before you head off.

✌
Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Back in 1996 the Corvette club I belong to would raffle off a new car. We would pick up the car from the dealer on a Friday to take to shows and return on Sunday. I was the first one to pick up the car and noticed it rode like an old pickup truck. I looked at the rear shocks, first year for electronic suspension, and sure enough the dealer had left the shipping blocks on. Nothing seems to have changed in the dealer prep departments in 25 years.

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
After watching the Stangmode video where he was getting new tires and they noticed the shipping blocks were still in place I made sure to look on mine upon picking it up from the dealer.

The shipping blocks had not been removed on mine either. So, do yourself a favor and just take a quick peak under the front fenders to see if those yellow shipping blocks are still installed before taking off. I'm not sure if it's an item most cars don't come with so they keep missing it or what, but it's worth checking before you head off.

✌
Isn't there a checklist done at the Dealership, seems to be that we pay a charge of $1195.00 for a thing called "Destination & Delivery" that would be covered under that title, just saying.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Isn't there a checklist done at the Dealership, seems to be that we pay a charge of $1195.00 for a thing called "Destination & Delivery" that would be covered under that title, just saying.
Can’t remember where but I’ve see a copy of that checklist posted somewhere on here

Sponsored

XdArrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350; 2021 Mach 1 (sold)
I recently took delivery of my 2021 M1… no rear blocks, only front.

Always good to check both front and rear to be sure.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...yea, Harley dealers are notorious about no PDI to a new bike.
I went to pick up my new '08 Road King.
The SM said the flunkey in the shop just got back from a test
ride and the bike is ready to go.
I put my stuff in the saddlebags, hopped on, started the bike, snicked it
into gear and almost took out a display.
Come to find out that someone had taken a clutch part off the bike some
time before and never installed a new one on my bike.
I asked; "I thought you said someone had just rode the bike?"
Sponsored