MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Not gonna lie, but the Mustang crowd has a ton of these. I just really like the S550 so I bought one. never really was a mustang fan until this generation. But now I just dislike a lot of the community, especially the younger crowd. Sure occasionally I will drive aggressively. But i'm a lot safer about it now than when I was younger...but I drove like that before having a mustang lol. Its not a mustang thing.

There's a guy that lives in my town somewhere and we frequently pass each other going the opposite direction and this dude must be running straight pipes cause its loud as fuck and he just revs it hard going by. I'm sure he does it to other cars...but like...what are you trying to prove? We have the same car.

Cant wait till I get my ESS on. Maybe some straight cut gear whine and a BOV will calm him down lol.
Mustang drivers definitely don't have a good reputation. In my area, though, I think the Dodge guys have overtaken the #1 spot for street racing, street takeovers, etc.

The guys I know with really loud cars seem to just enjoy hearing their cars and are not intentionally trying to bother other people. But their cars are so damn loud they must aggravate plenty of people, anyway. šŸ˜†
Sponsored

OP
OP
Velocityblue5oh

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Mustang drivers definitely don't have a good reputation. In my area, though, I think the Dodge guys have overtaken the #1 spot for street racing, street takeovers, etc.

The guys I know with really loud cars seem to just enjoy hearing their cars and are not intentionally trying to bother other people. But their cars are so damn loud they must aggravate plenty of people, anyway. šŸ˜†
Same here, majority of mustang dudes here have a bad rep. So Iā€™m sure I get tossed in that mix when they see and hear me cruising around town. Love it when I see the Eco boost dudes rev their engine at Hondas and Subarus thoughā€¦ā€¦ā€¦maybe I am a douche

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
the correct response to that is:

because while i do like something about them they look like shit and don't have a back seat.

or my personal favorite "because if i wanted a supra i'd buy a real one not a bimmer in a body kit"
To each their own, but if they look terrible then why does my '22 Supra 3.0 get so much positive attention? People constantly taking pictures, random people taking videos of it driving by, thumbs up and stares, compliments everywhere, etc. And that's all in just the last 2 weeks (I've owned the Supra since October). I never once saw anyone take a picture of my Mustang in almost 2.5 years of ownership, though it did get compliments from time to time. I get the Supra styling is polarizing, however, my experience is that way more people like it than dislike it. It has that long hood, long dash to axle ratio, and rearward cabin (you almost sit as far back as the rear tires) style that people like that pictures don't quite do justice to.

Also, it handles better and is just about as quick as my stock 2018 GT PP1 A10 w/ MagneRide, although with a few bolt ons the GT was definitely quicker than my stock Supra. I will say the stock GT pulled a little harder at higher speeds than the Supra as well. That gen 3 Coyote top end power was plus A10 combo was very good.

The Supra gets more attention than my ZL1 on the road, despite the ZL1 being a higher performance car (though the ZL1 gets its fair share of random photos). At car meets the attention is similar since it seems those people know what a ZL1 is.

They are engineered and built by BMW, but designed and tuned by Toyota (e.g., suspension tuning is Toyota, not BMW, despite the parts being provided by BMW). It is playful and fun to drive. If it was all in house by Toyota it would have been a lot more expensive to pay for the bespoke development.

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
To each their own, but if they look terrible then why does my '22 Supra 3.0 get so much positive attention?
largely because of its grandfather with the remainder being accredited to it just looking pretty wild. the supra is ill-fitted in its proportions, has all kinds of fake scoops and vents, and its nose is just... ugly. it performs well and has a good drivetrain so that helps.

its little brother the GR86 is a better looking car than the supra. the last s550 is gorgeous by comparison.

in the age of woke-ism glorifying everything opposite of beautiful the argument "but ppl like it bro" has exactly ZERO value.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Around here.. every s197/s550 Mustang guy is a douche. They do donuts in the parking lots, racing everyone from a redlight (even when no one else is racing), the 100 mph flyby after you put buses on them. Relentless trash talk, blah, blah, blah.

That's why I hang with the Chevy/Dodge/Porsche/ almost anybody except JDM crowd. We just have fun w/o the drama.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
By far the biggest douchers around here are guys with lifted pickups with loud exhausts. The older the better. Bonus points if itā€™s a diesel. And thereā€™s a million of them.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Southern AZ has plenty of the white or silver lifted truck douchers going around, kicking up all the road rocks they can, and bonus points for belching out diesel exhaust. Itā€™s like they are everywhere. Driving like asshats.

OP
OP
Velocityblue5oh

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
By far the biggest douchers around here are guys with lifted pickups with loud exhausts. The older the better. Bonus points if itā€™s a diesel. And thereā€™s a million of them.
Iā€™ve had dudes, ā€œroll coalā€ on me with my windows down. Was minding my owns business at a light and just absolutely smoked .

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
To each their own, but if they look terrible then why does my '22 Supra 3.0 get so much positive attention? People constantly taking pictures, random people taking videos of it driving by, thumbs up and stares, compliments everywhere, etc. And that's all in just the last 2 weeks (I've owned the Supra since October). I never once saw anyone take a picture of my Mustang in almost 2.5 years of ownership, though it did get compliments from time to time. I get the Supra styling is polarizing, however, my experience is that way more people like it than dislike it. It has that long hood, long dash to axle ratio, and rearward cabin (you almost sit as far back as the rear tires) style that people like that pictures don't quite do justice to.

The Supra gets more attention than my ZL1 on the road, despite the ZL1 being a higher performance car (though the ZL1 gets its fair share of random photos). At car meets the attention is similar since it seems those people know what a ZL1 is.
I like the look of Supras and the sound of the turbo inline six. I expect the build quality is better than Mustangs. :) Where I live Supras got the kind of attention you describe early when first model year came out, but they're fairly plentiful now. I expect they still get noticed more on the road than stock non Shelby Mustangs, but modified Mustangs (cosmetic, supercharged, etc.) and most Shelbys get more attention at car meets. Old Supras are a different story.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Anyone have experiences with some?? List them below.
Went on a cruise yesterday when a Toyota supra pulled up next to me. Windows rolled down and his girl on his right. Now I know I can come off as a douche myself, 24 year old with tattoos and drives a mustang with a loud exhaust but I consider myself an enthusiast. We pull up to the light and I say, "nice car man, I love the B58 in those". This A**hole Proceeds to look at me up and down and says, " yeah, if you like em so much why'd you pick up a POS mustang" Mind you this man is easily in his 40s wears a snapback hat and chewing his gum like a damn horse. He had some type of after market down pipe cuz that thing sounded glorious. Anyways once the light turns green we start cruising past each other. NO RACING ( cars were in front on us) but he made sure to rev his motor in my ear every chance he got as he'd drive past me, then slow down. Dude definitely wanted to race but then turned off later down the road.....
Meh, Ford Q/C he isn't wrong! but didn't need to be a dick when you were being nice about his ride.
Maybe he owned a stang that was nothing but problems. many have.
Sorry to say, but you are no better picking apart what he wears, etc.

Maybe, just maybe you caught him in a fight with his piece and wasn't in the mood, or having a bad day.
Or and this is a BIG ONE remembers the decade(s) of hate the domestic car guys gave the import guys, and now has no use for any of them. And I'd not blame him one bit.

OP
OP
Velocityblue5oh

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Meh, Ford Q/C he isn't wrong! but didn't need to be a dick when you were being nice about his ride.
Maybe he owned a stang that was nothing but problems. many have.
Sorry to say, but you are no better picking apart what he wears, etc.

Maybe, just maybe you caught him in a fight with his piece and wasn't in the mood, or having a bad day.
Or and this is a BIG ONE remembers the decade(s) of hate the domestic car guys gave the import guys, and now has no use for any of them. And I'd not blame him one bit.
True my brotha! Never thought of it that way! And your right about the style! Shouldnā€™t have been so judgmental!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Being a prick to a 24-year-old is justified by "decades of hate" towards import guys? C'mon. And maybe, after someone has called your car a POS, it's reasonable to explore a correlation between their behavior and how they dress.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Same here plus V6 Camaro and Challenger. And the Infiniti G35/G37. And the 350z/370z. And Civics. My god the Civics are the worst around here
Sponsored