Car Douches???

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
So the thing is, you say, "Nice Supra." But then you mention the BMW engine. The guy is probably sick to death of his friends giving him crap about owning a BMW and now you just piled on.

Maybe you didn't mean anything negative about his car, but if you look at what you said from his perspective it still might sting a little.

It sounds like he was a bit of a jerk, though. Maybe not worth a 3 page discussion, but he took a little poke back at you for sure.
Great point. I guess its all about perspective. I guess Supra owners believe their cars are better than BMWs? Personally, I wouldn’t be too upset if my Mustang had the 5.5L LT6 instead of the Coyote, and a GM guy said “Nice LT6, bro…”. I’d be like “Hell yeah, brother! 👍”
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Great point. I guess its all about perspective. I guess Supra owners believe their cars are better than BMWs? Personally, I wouldn’t be too upset if my Mustang had the 5.5L LT6 instead of the Coyote, and a GM guy said “Nice LT6, bro…”. I’d be like “Hell yeah, brother! 👍”
I probably wouldn't buy a Mustang with an Lwhatever pushrod boat anchor in it. I DEFINITELY wouldn't buy one with a Bimmer engine in it. The 6s make good power but sound more like a vacuum cleaner. The V8s are terribly unreliable.

But I guess if I did, I would have to be resigned that someone would talk crap about it. For example, I own a Subaru with Toyota badging. Toyota didn't have the right engine or the desire to do the engineering work, but they did a decent job on styling it. To me, the GR86 is kind of like a modern version of the VW bug. It's not fast, but it's good, cheap fun.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
I probably wouldn't buy a Mustang with an Lwhatever pushrod boat anchor in it. I DEFINITELY wouldn't buy one with a Bimmer engine in it. The 6s make good power but sound more like a vacuum cleaner. The V8s are terribly unreliable.

But I guess if I did, I would have to be resigned that someone would talk crap about it. For example, I own a Subaru with Toyota badging. Toyota didn't have the right engine or the desire to do the engineering work, but they did a decent job on styling it. To me, the GR86 is kind of like a modern version of the VW bug. It's not fast, but it's good, cheap fun.
The Coyote is one amazing engine. Hardly, any other alternatives around, don't get me wrong. But the LT6 5.5L is one sweet engine, and another great American option.

And yeah, I would NEVER buy any Euro TRASH, and never have. Specially Nazi trash.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Coyote is one amazing engine. Hardly, any other alternatives around, don't get me wrong. But the LT6 5.5L is one sweet engine, and another great American option.

And yeah, I would NEVER buy any Euro TRASH, and never have. Specially Nazi trash.
I did consider the Camaro when they were putting a 427 ci mill in it, but I prefer how a DOHC engine makes power. Now if GM would put the Z06 FPC engine in a Camaro with a manual transmission I would be very interested.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I did consider the Camaro when they were putting a 427 ci mill in it, but I prefer how a DOHC engine makes power. Now if GM would put the Z06 FPC engine in a Camaro with a manual transmission I would be very interested.
I agree, I have a soft spot for the LS7. A Z06 FPC engine with a manual behind it though? Man that would be heaven.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Sorry but I can't relate to any of this. All of my interactions with other car people has been pleasant. That is regardless of what I was driving, what they were driving, whether or not we raced, whether or not I won, I've never had anyone disrespect me. And I have never disrespected anyone either. So it's odd to me to hear these stories. If someone ever did try that nonsense, well they'd better be in something VERY fast. Because my only reply would be my foot on the pedal putting bus loads on them followed by a friendly wave, thumbs up, and a smirk!!

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Anyone have experiences with some?? List them below.
Went on a cruise yesterday when a Toyota supra pulled up next to me. Windows rolled down and his girl on his right. Now I know I can come off as a douche myself, 24 year old with tattoos and drives a mustang with a loud exhaust but I consider myself an enthusiast. We pull up to the light and I say, "nice car man, I love the B58 in those". This A**hole Proceeds to look at me up and down and says, " yeah, if you like em so much why'd you pick up a POS mustang" Mind you this man is easily in his 40s wears a snapback hat and chewing his gum like a damn horse. He had some type of after market down pipe cuz that thing sounded glorious. Anyways once the light turns green we start cruising past each other. NO RACING ( cars were in front on us) but he made sure to rev his motor in my ear every chance he got as he'd drive past me, then slow down. Dude definitely wanted to race but then turned off later down the road.....
You shouldve never complimented him, some people dont deserve verbal interaction and just kept driving. Fugg him......

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
At least it wasn't a minivan or v6 Camry, those are the ones always trying to race. BMWs-as this is a BMW in drag, are the number 1 douches on the road. Yesterday on the way to work on a double lane roadway, there's a guy in a BMW 5 series, tinted windows(including the front windscreen!) driving below the speed limit in the left lane refusing to move over. Eventually he does. When he sees the 4 exhaust pipes on the GT, he jumps on his brakes(?).

The guy in the Supra is sure to be a wuss with comments like that. I am 6 ft. tall, went to look at the Supra when they came out and could barely fit in it. If you are not 5'9" and below, you won't fit in a Supra comfortably. BTW, the dealer wanted MSRP + $20k, ha-ha, yeah right, good luck on that.
This ! I have more Douches in everyday cars acting like morons towards me than anyone in a sports car . Half the problem is even though the Mustang is quick and a good performer these average shit boxes also have some get up and go and it seems even the soccer moms want in on it !

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I get a lot of accidental incidents. Like Im having a little bit of fun/minding my own business and next thing I know a camry i happened to blow pass a few lights ago is on my ass, switching lanes trying to keep up with me.

I didn't see you nor do i care )= and now i am starting to have a love/hate with my auto rev matching feature because I love it but people get the wrong idea a lot!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I can't think of any bad experiences with other sports/performance car drivers. Sometimes I've been ignored when I try to give a friendly wave or thumbs up to someone driving a cool car, but that's about it. Most of the time that another sporty car driver and I spot each other, there is a mutual appreciation for the fact that we each enjoy this seemingly slowly dying hobby.

... BUT I've definitely had bad experiences with pricks in SUVs and sedans and whatnot who seem to assume the worst of someone in a nice sports car. I've gotten horns or aggressive tailgates or middle fingers for innocuous things like passing people, or having just a liiittle bit of fun at a stoplight, or maybe the occasional innocent mistake that had nothing to do with trying to drive fast. Things that no one gives a sh!t about when I'm in my wife's Fusion.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I can't think of any bad experiences with other sports/performance car drivers. Sometimes I've been ignored when I try to give a friendly wave or thumbs up to someone driving a cool car, but that's about it. Most of the time that another sporty car driver and I spot each other, there is a mutual appreciation for the fact that we each enjoy this seemingly slowly dying hobby.

... BUT I've definitely had bad experiences with pricks in SUVs and sedans and whatnot who seem to assume the worst of someone in a nice sports car. I've gotten horns or aggressive tailgates or middle fingers for innocuous things like passing people, or having just a liiittle bit of fun at a stoplight, or maybe the occasional innocent mistake that had nothing to do with trying to drive fast. Things that no one gives a sh!t about when I'm in my wife's Fusion.
Yup! I've had regular cars blow by me obviously very upset and I have no clue what I did )= I'm sorry

I'm a responsible driver and really don't do dumb stuff my car is just louder and faster so I'm conflicted

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Yup! I've had regular cars blow by me obviously very upset and I have no clue what I did )= I'm sorry

I'm a responsible driver and really don't do dumb stuff my car is just louder and faster so I'm conflicted
Yep.

I'm leaving work in about 10 minutes and it will happen three times on my way home. It's always on main street too. They come blowing by at 70-80MPH in a 45. It's always like what did I do? Buy a better car than you?
Sponsored