Sponsored

Can someone tell me if any of this is just dealership Markup bull?

Bloodham25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R.J
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022 PP
What fees are are complete bull in this picture.

I think anything under the Accessories/Options is just markup bullshit here in Canada

What.PNG
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Nitro is BS, Tint is worthwhile

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
Wheel locks are severely overpriced as is gas

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
IIRC, every new vehicle I've ever bought has had a full tank on the dealer's dime...

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
IIRC, every new vehicle I've ever bought has had a full tank on the dealer's dime...
That's been true for a while now, but back in the '70s/'80s a fuel charge was pretty common. With the price of gas these days, I suspect that will become more the norm again.

p.s.; I agree that most of the stuff there is total B.S.

Sponsored

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
Almost all is BS. That's like $1600 in add-on fees for dubious crap! Tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine. I'm surprised there isn't a charge for blinker fluid, fabric protection, or high speed shifter grease.
Can you tell me more about high speed shifter grease? Looking for high speed shifters. šŸ˜‚

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I got my Ceramic from the dealership in AB. Save yourself the money on the Paint Protection and have a pro shop do it after the fact. I was told that the place that will be doing my PPF and Ceramic doesn't even need a chemical stripper, they just buff the dealership Ceramic off, especially after 9 months of ownership LOL

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Ya itā€™s fees that amount to markup profit. Hate to say but it is low compared to some of what Iā€™ve heard. Saw a dealer on a YouTube show who added 50k usd to a 90k Usd as advertised ford lightning. Crazy times

Sponsored

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
It's just like blinker fluid, but thicker... very expensive, made from the sweat glands of unicorns.
I have some of that! Reporting back later.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is this a NEW car purchase? If so, the ā€œLien checkā€ is utterly PURE GOLD BSā€¦ there WONā€™T ever be a lien on a brand new car sitting on a dealer lotā€¦. LMFAO.

Window tint? Is there really window tint on the car? You should be able to tell if there is truly window tintā€¦. If there isnā€™t, BS fee.

Paint Protectant Film for only $170.00??? What did they protect, the mirror caps? Tell them to prove AND show you the PPF on the vehicle. I can tell you right now that ANY real PPF and depending on how large of an area or how many panels it was installed on, is upwards to $1k+ at minimum ā€¦. Especially if the hood, front bumper cover, front fenders and rear 1/4 before and after the rear tire were PPFā€™d, as those are THE most common areas for paint chipping. Iā€™m gonna call BS on the PPF, because for $170ā€¦. Thatā€™s a stealā€¦. Literally out of your pocket.

Wheel locks for $100? Better check the option package the S550 comes with, because some INCLUDE the Ford locking lugs - they are usually found in the trunk OR glovebox. Donā€™t let them charge you $100 for LL IF the vehicle comes with them in an option package!

Nitro? Cā€™mon now, how do you or any of us REALLY know if the tires were filled with Nitro and not just ā€œairā€? I do know that IF tires are filled with Nitro at some Dealerships, they should also have installed a different color valve stem cap instead of black - because that calls attention to the next person or shop that the tires arenā€™t just filled with airā€¦. Again, I donā€™t know how else you can prove the tires actually have Nitroā€¦. Iā€™m gonna say BS on that too.

What is ā€œPPSAā€? Canā€™t rule on that oneā€¦.

What is the Tricare Theft for $299? Is that window etchings that would contain the last digits of the VIN on every window? Is it a GPS tracker like LoJack? If itā€™s either of those, there should be a Certificate that gets passed to you to verify and confirm that the windows are etched and/or if a GPS tracker is in fact installed. The Certificate will be from the Manufacturer or Service Provider and should have the VIN on it somewhere. It should also have any info on whom to contact in the event of a theft, and in some instances some sort of monetary guarantee of ā€œif stolenā€ā€¦. Also to note, depending on your location and laws, if EITHER was actually done to the car, your Auto Insurance may give you a 5%, 10%, 20% or max of 25% annual discount on your comprehensive portion of the policy. If they canā€™t prove that by either of the 2 things mentioned above have actually been done or installed, itā€™s a BS scam to get more $ from you.

Chargjng you for fuel??? Maybe that is normal in your area, but every single new car Iā€™ve ever bought, Iā€™ve never been charged for ANY fueling fee. In fact many Dealerships will fill the tank as a courtesy when buying new (or used).

Last edited:

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
No "Piston Pull Pull-Back" Springs" ?
Sponsored