Sponsored

Can someone tell me if any of this is just dealership Markup bull?

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
PPSA would only be something they would do if financed. And it’s for their peace of mind, not yours, so they should pick it up as a cost of doing business.

I would say for Ontario, OMVIC and license fee are the only legitimate charges a purchaser should pay for, but generally the rest is all BS. But good luck getting around the admin fee and the fuel

As an aside, my car had the wheel locks on the paperwork, at $100, until I pointed out to them that they came standard on a premium convertible.
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Bloodham, by virtue of your asking about these bogus items in the first place I’m gonna assume you may be a fairly inexperienced new car buyer. So I’d suggest you might want to enlist the aid of a seasoned friend or relative to accompany you on this purchase. This is how you learn these things; nobody is born with the ability to defend himself against an aggressive and even unscrupulous dealer. And with the market being what it is right now there’s never been a time when the dealers were more vicious. It’s dog eat dog out there for the most part these days.

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
I am shocked they missed one. I was once charged $200 for a 1/8th inch tape pin stripe that costs nothing and goes on in a couple minutes. Plus, I didn't ask for it in the first place.

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
Wonder what they’d charge if you only wanted 78% nitrogen in your tires?
I'm no arithmetician but wouldn't it be 46.80? Not accounting for gaseous seepage of course.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I realize you might be in a different stage in the process, that the car might already have arrived. Something I learned from others here is, while the car is being built, sometime before it shows up, explain to the sales person you expect no dealer add-ons, unless agreed to first; it helps prevent it in the first place.

If there isn't a document clarifying you requested or was willing to pay for those items, either ask them to be removed, or advise them you'll take it, without paying for the extras. Otherwise, they can keep your deposit and you'll exit.

During initial negotiations on the pricing of my order, I was offered a "package" involving nitrogen in the tires and a brake light mod. For $1300...items such as we are discussing are a phantom ADM.

Last edited:

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
“Salesmen” know that once you make that mental decision to buy, it’s pretty easy to keep you on the hook with all this after the fact stuff (well, easy to keep most people on the hook). Tell me the “out the door” price and I will make my decision, don’t lowball me with a great price then try to squeeze profit out of me after I say yes. But unfortunately, most people don’t really understand that they are being played, so it works more often than not.

There was a thread here a short while back about Ford moving to online orders/sales for EVs. IMHO, this thread explains why that is going to be the way of the future.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Wheel locks are severely overpriced as is gas
Canada

It’s costing me between $110 to $130 to fill up with premium (94 PetroCan) from 1/4 tank.

But yea, every new car I’ve bought has come full from the dealer...

There’s a lot of stuff on that sheet that makes me raise an eyebrow...

But... all the dealers are doing it... so...

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
All of it is BS. They all do it. my dealer tried to tack on nearly 3K in bullshit on a NEW CAR ORDER.
I got mad, walked out, and let the dealership owner know.

I only let them earn my business because they are right down the street, otherwise I would've just moved on. you should be getting 3K under build price + tax, title, and license (which will varry somewhat based on how much you are spending so you have to calculate that part on your own). they tried to make my TTL over 5K so I wasn't having it.

Sponsored

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
It seems your arithmetic is better than your earth science :clap:
Actually it's my lame sense of humor that is lacking. I was referring to the relative rate that nitrogen and oxygen permeate through the rubber and result in a change of the ratio of them in the tires when you use good old air in the tires.

TW Merema

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Actually it's my lame sense of humor that is lacking. I was referring to the relative rate that nitrogen and oxygen permeate through the rubber and result in a change of the ratio of them in the tires when you use good old air in the tires.
I've been asking big tech for a "Sarcasm" font for decades...no luck yet.
Sponsored