2015 GT PP CO
our s550's ass is much sexier...

sorry but that shit is ugly.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Over/under 2 months until the designer of the new Camaro gets canned...Go!

imjuslazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Gti
Front looks nice and mean, the rear end though..... I think a 1LE or some sort of other package that adds more aggressive features will make it look better. I despise the way a regular SS looks but a 1Le, Z28, Zl1 all look very aggressive.

Raven15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28 Camaro
Front looks nice and mean, the rear end though..... I think a 1LE or some sort of other package that adds more aggressive features will make it look better. I despise the way a regular SS looks but a 1Le, Z28, Zl1 all look very aggressive.
I agree... (my apologies to those who dislike the 5th Gen Camaro)...

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Man, I know I am biased, but I really do not like what they did. I do not like how this thing looks. I'll of course wait for more and better pictures, but so far I am not a fan. (Easy to say on Mustang forum, haha)

Sponsored

SnrPhnx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium 401 convertible
I have to admit, though, I wasn't overwhelmed by the S550 until I could walk it "360" live. Then the character lines came into play and light reflected off various curves and cuts. I'm strongly in the Ford camp. Always have been, can't see that changing. That being said, a better Camaro makes for better Mustangs. I will reserve judgement until I see one on the road, presumably in my rear view mirror fading from view... :rolleyes:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I have to admit, though, I wasn't overwhelmed by the S550 until I could walk it "360" live. Then the character lines came into play and light reflected off various curves and cuts. I'm strongly in the Ford camp. Always have been, can't see that changing. That being said, a better Camaro makes for better Mustangs. I will reserve judgement until I see one on the road, presumably in my rear view mirror fading from view... :rolleyes:
true and those are probably the worst pictures in the world to show off the car lol

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
What is up with that hood line? It reminds me of my toilet seat lid.
So that's what it reminds me of....I couldn't put my finger on it. :lol:

austinnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zipcar
When I first saw the 2015 Mustang I didn't like it, but it grew on me. Maybe this Camaro will do the same?

It has a lot of growing to do though.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
true and those are probably the worst pictures in the world to show off the car lol
Its why I'm refraining from calling it outright "ugly". I do like elements of it, the front I think looks excellent, and the pictures are, to put it bluntly, utter shit. So it'll be nice to see proper photos of it. I can't get over the backside though - there's something about it that just doesn't sit well with me. Love the Corvette lights, however.

Sponsored

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
WHEW. I was sweating it, thinking I may have regrets about the Mustang. Nope. I said it in a thread a long long time ago, it looks like a 90's Nissan...which I see has come up already in this thread....

That rear. Just bland.

The front is actually very good, but not worthy of being called a generation change.

The Mustang didn't need to grow on me, when I saw the first pictures I felt like I had to have it. I don't feel like every need to see this Camaro again...

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
GM Stated that the new Camaro is 90ks (200lbs) lighter than the 5th Gen. So you're looking at around 1600kgs instead of 1700kgs.
Those numbers mean jack shit until we get real-world measurements (just like we did last year with the S550's supposed weight loss).

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Those numbers mean jack shit until we get real-world measurements (just like we did last year with the S550's supposed weight loss).
No need to snap. Jesus, man.

Anyway - the car is physically smaller according to GM Bosses, it'll be lighter and it has a Corvette engine whilst riding on the platform from a car that has been running rings around BMWs. To me that's pretty significant.

Mechanically, we may get a wake up call, especially if GM's magnetic suspension is present. A Gen5 1LE can already out corner a GT PP (Motor Trend tests). It'll push Ford to do better with the 2017 Mustang, rather than be lazy and throw in what is essentially some stickers and a CS badge for 2016.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just grabbed this from CNBC (notice how its back to Camouflaged cars? ;) ). I don't think the weight savings are a flight of fantasy, because that is clearly much smaller than the previous version. Ford are going to have to drop in a more potent engine and/or trim more weight from the S550, me thinks.

haknslash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 FX2
Every time I look at these pictures I can't help be see a foo man chu in the frontend.

Sponsored