Sponsored

Cam locks procharger harmonix balancer

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I have had an ongoing issue that i want to put out there for anyone that is having vibration/scraping issues. My procharger was vibrating sounding unusual, i assumed something was wrong with the head unit because i took it to a shop and said the unit may be messed up. I sent the unit to procharger (spent almost 350) due to shipping and they said nothing was wrong which it wasn't. I had a feeling something was wrong with the belt or at least the belt assembly, i see all the other pulleys are pretty stiff not shaking, however the harmonic balancer is not shaking wild, just barely anything so i assume the bolt is loose, i tighten it and still have vibration so i take off the entire balancer and i see that the cam locks are all loose, they came from procharger like that and install manual i have doesn't say anything to make sure they are tight, one cam lock was not even on the bolt it was scraping inside the stock balancer and 3 others were super loose, noise has stopped/decreased since i retightened. Just wanted to let people know of vibration issues that they don't know the resolution for.
Sponsored

RBINCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 10r80 GT, 07 GT500 Vert
How many miles on the unit and what did Procharger say?

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
How many miles on the unit and what did Procharger say?
I have like 5000 on the unit and they said that the unit is like brand new and so the cam locks were the issue but on the balancer, was a bitch to figure out, some people thought it was fueling that was causing my engine to be off, but i finally found that the issue was a cam lock swinging in the balancer which started 3 weeks ago.. i haven't driven the car except to test drive it

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I have had an ongoing issue that i want to put out there for anyone that is having vibration/scraping issues. My procharger was vibrating sounding unusual, i assumed something was wrong with the head unit because i took it to a shop and said the unit may be messed up. I sent the unit to procharger (spent almost 350) due to shipping and they said nothing was wrong which it wasn't. I had a feeling something was wrong with the belt or at least the belt assembly, i see all the other pulleys are pretty stiff not shaking, however the harmonic balancer is not shaking wild, just barely anything so i assume the bolt is loose, i tighten it and still have vibration so i take off the entire balancer and i see that the cam locks are all loose, they came from procharger like that and install manual i have doesn't say anything to make sure they are tight, one cam lock was not even on the bolt it was scraping inside the stock balancer and 3 others were super loose, noise has stopped/decreased since i retightened. Just wanted to let people know of vibration issues that they don't know the resolution for.
I take it that you didn't install the kit. Of course it came from Procharger with loose cam locks. It is to be installed on the OEM balancer. Clearly states in the manual how to install.
IMG_20200321_121403.jpg

Mickey3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
After reading a few posts about cams locks and balancer boots coming loose on PC Stg 2 Kits, I started checking mine more frequently just to be safe. Fortunately I’ve never found one even the slightest bit loose.
Sponsored