Sponsored

ATI balancer with Procharger

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Who all is running an ATI balancer on a Procharger setup that has had no problems?
What kind of boost, HP, RPM, miles on combo do you have?
After four years boosted I am finally putting in OPGs and TS. While I am doing this thinking about changing balancers. I was going to go with Innovators West, however there is no pulley available for GEN 2 cars running a Procharger. Options are stock or ATI. Have seen post on broken snouts, tore out key ways, etc. I am hopeful there are plenty of successful stories as well. Car is a 2015, D1X, 850 wheel, any recommendations on other upgrades while in there?
Sponsored

turbohvn

Turbohvn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT PP
Who all is running an ATI balancer on a Procharger setup that has had no problems?
What kind of boost, HP, RPM, miles on combo do you have?
After four years boosted I am finally putting in OPGs and TS. While I am doing this thinking about changing balancers. I was going to go with Innovators West, however there is no pulley available for GEN 2 cars running a Procharger. Options are stock or ATI. Have seen post on broken snouts, tore out key ways, etc. I am hopeful there are plenty of successful stories as well. Car is a 2015, D1X, 850 wheel, any recommendations on other upgrades while in there?

Sorry for ignorance, but what is "TS"?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
TS is timing sprocket.

I've been running an ATI balancer on my setup for the past 20k miles. Tons of passes, piles and piles of timeslips. Never any issues. Make sure the interference is within spec, may need to have machine shop hone the hub.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Ati balancer, 14 psi at 8100 rpm. Not a ton of miles, only three passes. 800whp

Slow306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I've ran my ATI balancer on my gen 1 for about 7,000 miles with a ton of abuse. When L&M was building my engine they failed the hub upon inspection and installed a new one. The hub clearly had a ring groove worn into it. I think if I kept on going with that balancer hub i would have had a crank issue.

Broken cranks are not a Procharger issue. They are an ATI issue with n/a and all power adders having failures.
20191116_100225.jpg

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Sold my procharger, but ran it with ati balancer for about 14k miles. 10-12 lbs boost. 7500-8k multiple times, every single time I drove it.

You will need the procharger pulley for an ati balancer, which I have left over and for sale in the for sale section. (Guy I sold procharger to had stock balancer). Give you a good deal on it.

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Sold my procharger, but ran it with ati balancer for about 14k miles. 10-12 lbs boost. 7500-8k multiple times, every single time I drove it.

You will need the procharger pulley for an ati balancer, which I have left over and for sale in the for sale section. (Guy I sold procharger to had stock balancer). Give you a good deal on it.
Dang...just ordered everything from @beefcake

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am worried about this also. I had no idea that this was an issue until I stumbled upon the broken crank snout thread on this forum. I recently just got my motor built last year on my 14 and it has yet to be tuned (hopefully this spring/summer). I would recommend using the MMR crank bolt and washer with the ATI balancer.

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...ucts_id=1011&zenid=uncml4s17uag1kvqkp2metfrh5

It is an upgrade over the crank bolt and washer sold from ARP. I plan on making 800-850 whp with my setup so hopefully I won't have any issues.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I am worried about this also. I had no idea that this was an issue until I stumbled upon the broken crank snout thread on this forum. I recently just got my motor built last year on my 14 and it has yet to be tuned (hopefully this spring/summer). I would recommend using the MMR crank bolt and washer with the ATI balancer.

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...ucts_id=1011&zenid=uncml4s17uag1kvqkp2metfrh5

It is an upgrade over the crank bolt and washer sold from ARP. I plan on making 800-850 whp with my setup so hopefully I won't have any issues.
That bolt won't do shit and it isn't an upgrade over even a stock bolt. Any issues surrounding crank issues and ATI balancer (if even related) will be surrounding interference fit and improper installation.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
That bolt won't do shit and it isn't an upgrade over even a stock bolt. Any issues surrounding crank issues and ATI balancer (if even related) will be surrounding interference fit and improper installation.
But it's pretty shiny snake oil.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Procharger P1X Stage 2, 15psi, 8k RPMs, almost 50k miles supercharged. No problems but havent taken it off and inspected yet.

I think most of the problems with broken crank snouts is from improper installation and not seating it all the way down on the crank.

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
D1x stage 2 2018 21psi and 1000+ tobthe wheels. Newer build so not many miles yet and only 10-15 passes.
Since I was building the engine I had the crank and balancer double keyed to be safe. I too believe that improper install is the cause of the vast majority of failures.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
D1x stage 2 2018 21psi and 1000+ tobthe wheels. Newer build so not many miles yet and only 10-15 passes.
Since I was building the engine I had the crank and balancer double keyed to be safe. I too believe that improper install is the cause of the vast majority of failures.
What's the benefit of double keyed? And what's the cost typically?

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Tw
What's the benefit of double keyed? And what's the cost typically?
two keys to dissipate the stress better. ATI will supply the balancer hub pre cut if requested and the machine shop charged $40+- to cut the crank. I figured it was cheap insurance. I also did the MMR support washer and ARP bolt.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Tw

two keys to dissipate the stress better. ATI will supply the balancer hub pre cut if requested and the machine shop charged $40+- to cut the crank. I figured it was cheap insurance. I also did the MMR support washer and ARP bolt.
ATI sells the double keyed hub separately, I just picked one up. Part number ATI916124K
Sponsored