Caliper Color Change

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I cannot stand G2. G2 does not set or cure properly if you're in the humidity of the south.

I had mine professionally painted for about $350. Mine was a bit expensive because I had them color matched and Ford is the only one with the right Orange Fury color.

IMG_20200528_200623.jpg
ive used G2 paint in Alabama (more humid than Texas)..TEXAS..Mississippi..and California. Has worked perfectly fine in all 4. I have buddies that have done it in the same, or different states. The key is the prep, and letting it sit long enough before driving it. Each time i had mine in a garage sitting for over 24 hours. for some reason i feel you probably didn't do one of these things. no way i would pay a few hundred or more for my brakes to be painted, the G2 paint was enough, but to each their own. Just would rather put that money somewhere else on the car.

either way, the paint job looks fine with yours (even if its a bit silly for some of those parts on it to be painted..), just hope your 3 year warranty on it covers as much as you think it does when it comes time to change pads and stuff.

i dig the rest of the car though. Where did you get the front bumper from? (honest question)
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I just pulled the front wheels off to just check some things such as pad wear end link torque and stuff like that. I looked at my calipers and noticed how good they still looked after a little more then two and a half years. Back when I painted them they were done with VHT high temp engine paint both base coat and clear. The calipers were cleaned very very well with a Scotchbright pad and std dish soap. I did it completely on the car with all the hardware removed, including the rotors. Then several light coats and around three coats of clear . I did allow it to cure for at least an hour between coats. Any way I'm very pleased with the long lasting results.and yes I am very surprised. I even bought a fresh can to repaint them this weekend but I will not have too. You guys can do this job for under 30 bucks easy. Just remember the prep means the difference between long lasting and a soon to come redo.
20201031_184339.jpg
20201031_184447.jpg
20201031_185943.jpg

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have been recently quoted around $350 all fours to about $400-$500 with 5 year warranty using primer, ceramic high temp paint and clear coats etc, some places have 2 day turnaround to properly cure the paint etc.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know a ral code for the factory red Brembo’s that they use on the Bullitt’s ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
What should I expect to pay to pay to have the calipers painted?
My guy wanted $100 a corner to prep and paint.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
My guy wanted $100 a corner to prep and paint.
Mine too and had a warranty and that upcharge was for a two stage paint job, I have a carport so cannot be doing that work on my own.
Sponsored