Vehicle Showcase

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Unfortunately, this isn’t surprising due to the horrible dealership experience that many EV buyers endure when trying to buy an EV from legacy automakers. For example, see this horrible story of someone trying to buy a Ford Mustang Mach-E earlier this year.
Serves them right. :devil:

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
We were fortunate - special order purchased at MSRP which is about as good a deal on an MME GTPE you can get. GTs are easily selling for 10K over right now and they last a few days on the lot if that.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Anyway, if I read the article correctly, it seems to me that there's nothing actually "horrible" about it. What they call "horrible experience" is merely a matter of the price being too high.
Well, tough luck. Planet saving doesn't come cheap. If you want to earn virtue points, then you must suck it up and pay the price. :devil:

Last edited:

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Sounds like an elon fanbois wrote the piece.
Sure some of the ev are hard to buy, why because the factory stopped all sales of them when a problem was found. unlike Tesla that has many burn to the ground and acts like nothing is happening.
For example, gm put a hold on the bolt, because of issues with the battery pack. Why because they know the media will eat them alive if they didn't.
Teslas go up in flames some taking a WEEK to put out and the media doesn't say boo.
Any and all ev producers need to take better Q.C. of the battery back and controllers. Trusting the "supplier"will build them correctly and to your spec and not double checking their work, is why the bolt was put on hold . Dealers were not even alowed to show them, let customers go on test drives.
Funny how keeping customers, salesmen, and fire dept staff safe is looked at as a bad thing

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I must say I am interested in an EV specifically the Mach E and the Tesla Y, due to increasing gas prices. This would strictly be my errand car. The problem I have is the cost. I'd love to know the manufacturing cost for lets say the Y as opposed to a Camry to justify nearly double the price.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I must say I am interested in an EV specifically the Mach E and the Tesla Y, due to increasing gas prices. This would strictly be my errand car. The problem I have is the cost. I'd love to know the manufacturing cost for lets say the Y as opposed to a Camry to justify nearly double the price.
You are paying for the R&D not the cost to build it.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
We were looking at the Tesla model X or Y, also due to gas costs. But, after figuring out what our annual gas costs are currently, it just isn't economically practical. Our SUV is pretty old (2007) so when that gives out, we will probably look at an EV. But, the SUV will probably outlast me.
Sponsored