Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I’m in the market for a collector car or two, and I’m finding that everything I’m truly interested in is always far beyond a day’s drive. Checking things out thoroughly via pictures and conversation is one thing but, first and foremost, what’s the best way to go about paying for something like this once you’re ready to pull the trigger?

Wire transfer? Escrow service? It would seem that the latter would be preferred given the scams out there these days. No doubt there are some here who have done this, I want to hear it all…

Also, any recommendations on shippers would be appreciated also.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I suggest BAT or Barret Jackson for collector cars. You can be reasonably sure you are getting a decent car and they will help arrange payment and shipping.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This really depends on the type of car your after. If your talking about newer collector car stuff with no miles then the expectation and reality of the vehicle are probably in line. If your talking about hot rods, restomods, or restored vehicles then I’d at the very least have an outside source do an inspection for you. There is such a wide range in the quality of work on vehicles that photo’s more times then not can hide things easily seen in person. The payment side in my opinion is the sfer part of the transaction. There’s many source’s for that to keep you secure. In my experience buying almost everything out of state a phone call and conversation gives all the insight I’ve ever needed to determine what and who I was dealing with. Best of luck.
Sponsored