Jcastag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph Castagni
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible
Hello all,

I have been looking online to get the exact process for the Ford BuyBack Program (I think its also called the RAV program). I have had the following issues with my car, and most I have taken back to the dealer repeatedly:

- Paint Issues - I have already had the rear bumper and side skirts repainted because of yellowing. I had to fight the dealer on it, and now the front bumper is yellowing. There is also a crack in the paint on the driver's door

- Ventillated seat - I have taken this in 2x, and they claimed they replaced all parts, and it still does not work.

- 6 Speed Transmission (Manual) - this is the big one. There is very rough (notchy) gear selection, especially 1-2. I have brouught it to the dealer, and they are claiming its "normal", but it is not acceptable. I have also seen that there is now a known issue with this transmission, and there is also a class action lawsuit for this.

So my question is, what are the chances of the BuyBack/RAV on this car? Mostly because of the transmission issues.

What is the process? Who do I contact? The dealership has given me NO help on this.

I appreciate everyone's help
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
How about posting pictures of the paint issues for us to gauge things?

Buy back on a 4 year old car isn't going to happen. And Ford's program is for people that involuntarily lose their jobs due to COVID.

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
You need to look up the Lemon Laws in your state and start there. Most require a certain number of visits to the dealer for the same issue, and a certain number of days out of service related to that issue. If those criteria apply to you, it's time to engage a lemon law lawyer. In most cases, you won't be taken seriously until Ford corporate has received notification from a lawyer that you're pursuing a buyback.

Unfortunately, your issues don't sound serious enough to warrant the buyback process, especially after four years.

Paint issues can be dismissed based on your detailing habits - Ford has no idea how you cared for the car, nor do they know what products were used.

The ventilated seat is an issue, and if it is documented, you should be able to get it fixed correctly. Have you tried a different dealer? Sometimes the tech at your regular dealer just doesn't have the experience or skills needed to fix something like that.

Transmission issues; I gather that your transmission hasn't failed, and it just isn't to to your liking. I know the MT82 has documented issues, but Ford won't fix it just because you don't like it. I would suggest asking for the fluid to be changed. The dealer may be willing to extend some goodwill to you. If not, have an independent shop do a fluid change (search the forums for what gear oil works best, there are several threads). It's not expensive, and may make the transmission more livable.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The Dealership won’t give you any help, they’re only there to diagnose and fix - they won’t file claims or cases with Ford for a RAV Buy Back.

So some info:

1) Ford adheres to the State Lemon Laws as outlined in your Home State’s DMV or Attorney General .gov website. Do not use 3rd party Lemon Law websites and the BBB Autoline is not always current either. Know your State Lemon Laws and what is afforded to the consumer as far as protection, rights and deadlines.

2) In many States, the Lemon Law filing deadline for New Car Ownership is usually:
12k/12mos of the original purchase date (whichever comes first)
OR
24k miles/24mos of original purchase date (whichever comes first)

If the vehicle has exceeded either point of reference any filing of a Lemon claim would be denied.

3) Filing such a claim isn’t 1-2-3. There’s other parameters that are laid out by your Home State’s Lemon Laws for qualifications and what is allowed and what is not. There’s also provisions that both Owner and Manufacturer must meet before any such claim can be authorized.

4) If the car was purchased used there’s different provisions, again set forth in your Home State’s Lemon Laws.

Unfortunately, you have a vehicle that is a 2017. It’s most likely past the 3/36 new car warranty and most likely exceeded the time to initiate a Lemon claim in your State.

If you want to learn more or know more about the Ford RAV Buy Back process, search the following terms on here and you’ll find a lot of facts and pertinent info:
Ford RAV
RAV Buy Back
Lemon
Lemon Law
MSRP to MSRP
Ford 800#
Ford Buy Back

——
If you’re not getting repair results and or concerns are not being addressed by your Dealership - you have options:

1) You can call the Ford 800# and ask for a Regional CSR who may assist and low a Case for you.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-ford-800-info-for-those-needing-it.111571/

2) Go to another Ford Service Center that may be more willing to assist and more accommodating to your concerns. Not being sarcastic here, but quite a few folks on here have done this and had better luck at another dealership.

——
As far as paint issues:
Ford Paint and Corrosion Warranty on a 2017 is 5yrs/60k (whichever comes first); body panel perforation on Aluminum labels is not a prerequisite and Ford replaces such panels now (starting with the 2016 Warranty).

Here ya go, I had posted this in another thread a while back for a 2017 owner.

The 2017 Ford Warranty statement for Paint and Corrosion, in section 3 below, it’s not only for perforation; it has an “OR” in that statement regarding paint concerns for “Factory Workmanship” (the rest of the blurbage pertains to a brand new vehicle time period to reporting a claim where airborne fallout caused the issue. Again in such a case, the owner would need to reference the GSB docs provided in the other thread for visuals of what Ford accepts for warranty repair IF it’s airborne):
ba7afe0b-7fca-49d4-b611-e2eb91729b3f-jpeg.jpg

Here is the web link to the complete 2017 Ford Warranty pdf from where the above was extracted:
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...ck-Warranty-version-3_frdwa_EN-US_09_2016.pdf

Also for future reference for others, here is this link I had posted too which has a lot of info and discussion about the perforation clause (the most recent TSB is in the thread):
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/tsb-19-2026-aluminum-panel-corrosion.117031/
Sponsored

Last edited: