Sponsored

Convoluted path to my new 2017 GT Convertible

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
Long story....

I have recently been receiving emails and letters from Ford offering an upgrade to a 2017 GT Premium to replace my current one. I finance and service through Ford so they had my mileage, payoff etc. the offer would switch me out with a lower rate and payment. I thought this sounded great since I had clocked 86,000 miles on my 2015 already.

I went to the dealer that I purchased from before and showed them the offer. My salesman had quit so they gave me a 16yo looking salesman. He proceeded to start the lets negotiate a deal game. "Let me check with the sales manager" kind of thing. I told him to come back with the final and best offer and I would take it or leave it. He came back with an insulting offer that was no where near what Ford had quoted. I just got up and left.

Ford sent me the same offer two more times. I called customer support and asked them to stop sending me disingenuous offers. I explained what happened and they told me to go to a different dealer and find a car I liked. Once I did, I should have the dealer call them about the offer.

I went to the 2nd dealer and they could not match the deal. I asked them to call Ford. They did and the offer was honored within 15 minutes. FANTASTIC.

I picked out a 2017 Magnetic Metallic GT Premium fully loaded with Black Accent package.
34iob9w.jpg

It was raining lightly when I picked it out. Rained for two days and then I had a chance to wash it. Turns out that it had tons of paint defects. Runs, excess paint blobs (spitting from spray gun?), and little white spots that turned out to be holes in the paint where bubbles had popped and then been clear coated over.
2coslcz.jpg

auh0dk.jpg

2hs5jra.jpg

k00hmc.jpg

These were scattered over the driver's side, roof, trunk and B pillars. I drove back and pitched a fit. They sent me to the body shop. The foreman said he would have to repaint the driver's side, roof, trunk and maybe more to match and blend the paint. I said no. I demanded a replacement vehicle.

The problem was that the car had already been titled and had 1000 miles on it. I was instructed to call Ford and ask for a buy-back. Two weeks of back and forth ended with a no.

I emailed the owner of the dealership and explained the situation and asked for a meeting. He agreed and our discussions resulted in him agreeing to replace the car. He contacted Ford and asked them to assist with the cost of trading in my 2017 for another. They said no again.

The owner asked me to pick another car and he would eat the cost of the switch. I figure that it he was eating about an $8000 loss. A very stand-up guy.

We walked the lot and picked out a vehicle with the exact same features but in Ruby Red. He asked me to look it over carefully. I did and found two rock chips. One on the passenger door and one on the driver's side roof. I agreed to have them touched up and I would come back the next day to sign all the paperwork and pick it up.

I showed up the next day and the GM met me at the door and told me that they had messed up the paint trying to fix the chips. He did not want me to even look at it. Now what? I asked. he said he would search for a vehicle for me with other dealers. He asked what I really wanted and I told him that I wanted the exact same car I tried to buy originally. He could not find one.

He said he did have the exact same car but in a convertible. I said I could not spend more than I had already agreed to. He said "OK, we can make that happen. So, I had negotiated for a really good deal on the first one, and now he was going to discount the convertible to the same price. The MSRP was $5000 more.

So, I now am the proud owner of this,

20fxhtt.jpg

:headbang:
Sponsored

Ruby15GT

Ruby15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Nice! Maybe it was worth it in the end to get such a car at a good price. Hold on, I'm checking mine over for paint defects now...

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Sponsored

tripleyellowmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 3xyellow EBPP
OP beautiful car, great deal. Would you mind posting the dealer? Sounds like a honest place to do business deserving of good advertisement.

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Southwest Ford in Weatherford Texas I highly recommend them. No games, great service, good people.

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! You did good, the msrp is probably around $46-48k.
MSRP $49,910 Has every option except adaptive cruise and sensing wipers.

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
We love a good ending!

Sponsored

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT
Always good to hear about Customer Service. Congrats on the new convertible it looks great

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Dealers get a bad wrap, good to hear stories about those that still do business right. I love my vert, Im sure you will to!

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Welcome to the ragtop club! Sweet ride.
Sponsored