Sponsored

Buy 17 or wait for 18 thread

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So I have read everything on the 18s we all know what they have so far . I was waiting to see the reveal and am left being more unsure of what I want .

17 pros to me is grabber blue and I like the front end

18 pros as of now are the gauges and the better 6 speed and 10

I change the hood and the exhaust of every mustang I own. The only thing Im wondering is if the 18 has say 460ish hp and close to 30 mpg would you wait .
Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The content update is substantial on the 18s. Higher compression, DI and PI, higher redline, more hp/tq (465/425 is my guess), sports/active exhaust, Mag ride, updated gauge cluster, MP4S tires, etc.

It'll transform the cars performance, IMO.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Until we actually get people testing them and seeing numbers I wouldn't buy into the hype quite yet. We still don't know anything about them other than what Ford wants us to see and speculate. Personally if you're tossing between the two, wait a little bit until we have more solid information.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
If you are waiting, I would wait for 18.

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
This is why I started the thread I am currently mustangless a lot of the threads people are debating trading in a 15-17.

I want to be back in a mustang but I don't wana wait all summer to be let down come October number wise. honeslty the only thing I really want is the new gauge cluster.

just would hate to run out buy my 17 and then regret it? ive owned a 15 so I know what im getting but that was an auto this would be a 6 speed

Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
One thing we know for sure is, there UGLY and there going to be expensive.:mad:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
There is nothing to regret about the current Mustang. If the new one get's a power bump, the difference isn't going to be mind blowing when you are actually driving the car. It's not like everything becomes obsolete prior to the 2018. Also, I'd be a little cautious adopting a first run on the DI/PI system. As well as we don't know what current aftermarket will work, etc. 2020 is the one that will see overall changes everywhere. There are just quite a few things I would wait for. If waiting is really what you are worried about, I highly doubt you will be disappointed with a 17.

Fryguy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
If you don't have one already then I would wait. The mag ride, new motor, new trans options are all worth it among other things.

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
There is nothing to regret about the current Mustang. If the new one get's a power bump, the difference isn't going to be mind blowing when you are actually driving the car. It's not like everything becomes obsolete prior to the 2018. Also, I'd be a little cautious adopting a first run on the DI/PI system. As well as we don't know what current aftermarket will work, etc. 2020 is the one that will see overall changes everywhere. There are just quite a few things I would wait for. If waiting is really what you are worried about, I highly doubt you will be disappointed with a 17.
This ^^^^ If you want an auto I would wait a year and see if there are any problems with the new 10 speed.

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
Having purchased a 2015 new, I would probably buy a low mileage 2015-2016 unless you're REALLY after something specific on the 2018. That's the financially responsible part of me talking...the car lover part says buy what you want and lay rubber.

Sponsored

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I've been waiting to buy one as I've had some things going on and it was bad timing to buy something. Life has settled down and I am ready to buy something this spring. Was waiting for the 2018 information to come out before making a decision. It's getting a lot more than I was expecting so I will be holding off to order as soon as they are available now. 2018 GT Premium PP 6MT with Magneride and active exhaust.

I originally figured new fascia's and a power bump but not much else. I feel like now I've waited this long, what's a few more months?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Waiting for the 18 with the hopes that the awkward sloping front end grows on me. It has too many other pros to consider a 17 at this point.

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
the grabber blue is calling me. my first mustang was a 05 that I repainted grabber blue since I loved the color. I kept that car longer then anything else.

sigh im driving a lifted jeep now and just want to get back into a mustang.... October is so far away :( if I knew power numbers this would be easier as going from 420ish to 450 wouldn't impress me. now if we clear 470 then maybe lol

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
the grabber blue is calling me. my first mustang was a 05 that I repainted grabber blue since I loved the color. I kept that car longer then anything else.

sigh im driving a lifted jeep now and just want to get back into a mustang.... October is so far away :( if I knew power numbers this would be easier as going from 420ish to 450 wouldn't impress me. now if we clear 470 then maybe lol
Find a nicely used one with low millage. First owner took most of the depreciation hit already. Sit on a for a year until more is known... If you haven't fallen in love, trade it in for the 18. Assuming you don't load it with miles and you purchased it at a good price you shouldn't take a hit.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I'm waiting.

Don't rush into buying today and regretting it tomorrow.
Sponsored