Sponsored

Bumper/moulding alignment issue

dpartn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Ford F350 Platinum 2010 Camaro SS 2016 Toyota Highlander Limited
First off, I bought this 2019 R from a dealer in another state and had the car shipped. So my bad for not buying a car with an in person visual. But given the nature of when some of us have hunted for our 350 or R and wanted it in a preferred color, it was something unavoidable to ship. My question is that when I gave my car its first hand waxing I did pick up on alignment of the trim at the bumper in the rear, and also a bit in the front.
As you can see there is a lack of quality control here with how it was mounted at the factory. There is a gap on both sides and just as annoying the panels are not even where they meet. A good few millimeters or more in fact. Since I didn't really notice this when I got the car, and due to the 1200 mile difference from me to the selling dealer, is there really anything I can do about this in terms of having Ford make it right? Or am I better off just to find an independent facility to correct these issues? I do acknowledge my fault for not having gone over the car with a microscope when I received it and having a few months now passed it would seem a bit pointless to at least inquire back to the dealer who sold it for any resolution. Even more so since they were not likely party to how it got that way in the first place.
Was wondering if anyone else has had this cosmetic issue and how they dealt with it? I chalk this up to a bad day on the line since it appears to be present on both front and back and no other damage noted. Now that I have noticed it, I am annoyed with it and want to have it corrected if at all possible. The car has been driven about 4 times and has all of 160 miles on it.
gt350r.jpg
gt350r1.jpg
gt350r2.jpg
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
You were not aware of this common issue?

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
It looks like maybe its pulled off the bumper cover mount on the side. Have you tried pushing in to re-engage the clip?

OP
OP
dpartn

dpartn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Ford F350 Platinum 2010 Camaro SS 2016 Toyota Highlander Limited
You were not aware of this common issue?
Afraid I wasn't. Guess I had figured it was just a bad day when they made this one that could be corrected, rather than it being a common issue that many faced. While in hindsight I honestly couldn't say if it would have irritated me to the point of non purchase, I suppose I expected a little more in the final fit and finish.

OP
OP
dpartn

dpartn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
It looks like maybe its pulled off the bumper cover mount on the side. Have you tried pushing in to re-engage the clip?
I have not, as I have it going on on 3 of the 4 corners and was uncertain how it was mounted. I suppose I could have a dealer body shop endeavor to correct it if it's potentially just a matter requiring minor correction. I myself do not feel confident in pushing in hopes to engage the proper fit. While part of me thought it could just be the nature of the way it was put together, I suppose I had figured that for the money, one might not face such issues. I realize it's not a hand made million dollar vehicle, but still...

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Hopefully it is just the clips are not seated correctly. I do not know for sure, but I have wondered of the front and rear bumper covers are removed when the stripes are applied. I know that is a separate stage in the assembly of the car and done after it rolls off the assembly line. Perhaps they did not re-seat the rear cover correctly for the clips to close that gap. What is more telling than the gap is the cover is not flush with the rear quarter.

dboz1983

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150, ‘20 GT350
Mine looks the exact same. I have decided to live with it for fear that any “cure” will end up worse than the problem.

My .02

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Nothing new theirs more than not all years either have one side or both sides gapped some what. Use search on here and you will find numerous posts about it. Ford has a tsb fix that not always but the majority doesn't actually fix it.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
It really is amazing after this many years in production they haven't somehow solved this issue.