Bummer for the whipple install

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Talk about a kick in the nuts...I have been waiting for a while for my whipple, get confirmations that this is the week it will ship. I take time off next week for the installation only to find it out it will probably be another 2 weeks. Whipple Superchargers really needs to do better about giving accurate information. Shit happens, i get it. But these mistakes dont happen in a vaccum. They have to realize that plans are made around these delivery dates. Most likely I will be heading down as scheduled and installing everything else. Will probably have to leave the car and take train back home. Lethal Performance Inc is doing their best for me, but damn is this a disappointment.
Sponsored

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Thanks for your patience when it comes to this. I know many have said it already but it is most definitely worth the wait. Welcome to the world of Whipple my friend!!! ☠☠☠

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Talk about a kick in the nuts...I have been waiting for a while for my whipple, get confirmations that this is the week it will ship. I take time off next week for the installation only to find it out it will probably be another 2 weeks. Whipple Superchargers really needs to do better about giving accurate information. Shit happens, i get it. But these mistakes dont happen in a vaccum. They have to realize that plans are made around these delivery dates. Most likely I will be heading down as scheduled and installing everything else. Will probably have to leave the car and take train back home. Lethal Performance Inc is doing their best for me, but damn is this a disappointment.

Regardless of the brand. Don't make plans without having the product in hand. Even then, don't expect it to go perfectly.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Regardless of the brand. Don't make plans without having the product in hand. Even then, don't expect it to go perfectly.
Completely agree unfortunately. Stuff happens. I know when I did mine I had everything laid out and went through it piece by piece and made sure I had EVERYTHING categorized and laid out in the steps it was going to be installed. Even then, once underway there was a small hiccup. Not so much of an issue for shops as they have better connections or possibly even hardware or parts on hand. For me, the hiccup was proper fuel rail bolts. The ones in the kit, even after categorizing, were not correct and I had to purchase new ones when I realized this when I got to that step. I also found an incorrect IAT wiring harness that was corrected when I did my planning. New one was sent ASAP by Edelbrock (thanks!) but if I didn’t do the planning, it would have delayed the install mid-way by almost a week.

I hear you though, nice to plan ahead for time off etc. But much easier to avoid any pitfalls when you have the product in hand and have gone through everything.

Good luck with the install! As others have said, when the boost comes on you will agree it was worth the wait!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Ever since the new version whipple came out they’ve had these issues. Fast forward to today same old issues. Cancel your order and get hellion twins, you’ll have your kit in two weeks..

Sponsored

OP
OP
DmanDmythDlegend

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Ever since the new version whipple came out they’ve had these issues. Fast forward to today same old issues. Cancel your order and get hellion twins, you’ll have your kit in two weeks..
Its tempting to go that route, but not looking go twin turbos. Will just have to suck it up and wait for the goods.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
In fairness, I ordered my Gen 5 before the covid shamdemic and didn't have any issues. I had it within a month.

It only takes one missing monkey to hold up the entire circus in this instance. Power adder companies might make a lot of stuff in house but they have to fill their kits with a bunch of stuff that's made elsewhere (and they also have to secure raw materials and sub-component parts to make their stuff).

OP
OP
DmanDmythDlegend

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
One would think, a year into this pandemic they would have a better idea of processing time that could more accurately qoute a estimated delivery date. If you tell people it will be ready in 2 months, and you know its going to take 3, thats being an ass hole imo. It would be better if they said up front that wait should be expected to 3+ months with the unlikely possibility of being ready sooner. My frustrations was being told specificly that it just needed to get through coating and it would be on its way. Thats not "waiting for parts and or materials" that should be a fully scheduled process.

1320INC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
Well I just got done with my Gen 5 install on my 16 and I was less than impressed with the instructions. They have made several upgrades to the kit (idler plate, IC pump bracket to name a couple) but they havent updated the instructions, hoses and hardware. So you are either looking thru your kit for parts that dont exist or you have hardware that goes to nothing. A perfect example is the IC pump. It used to mount directly to the heat exchanger tank. They have revised it and now there is a bracket that it mounts to on the tank. Well this bracket moves the pump about 2" away from the tank. Guess what, you now have a formed hose thats molded with bends that is 2" too short to connect to your innercooler. So unless they send me a new longer hose(i will be calling them tomorrow) I need to go buy a 3/4' hose barb and some heater hose and extend it...thats ghetto on a $8000 kit.

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Not surprised at all. $8000 plus a few months wait time now this..

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Cancel it and order a Procharger. I just got an email that they sent out faulty Fuel Fittings on the Gen 5. I wonder if any cars burned down because of it.

Lying Whipple can suck it.

1320INC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
They werent all faulty. There were some that were sent out with the wrong hose. Mine was not one of them.
And as a follow up, whipple is sending me a new hose. Im hoping me bringing it to their attention helps others.
Sponsored