Sponsored

Bummed after driving ‘17 2SS

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
18 up GT A10 with a good E85 tune would drag her ass all day long. ;). Grass is always greener on the other side kiddo.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Literally sit in the Mustang and look at the outside world. Particularly at what's beside and behind you.
That's something you *can't* do in the Camaro
I'm beginning to wonder if this "can't see out of the tank" assessment is coming from short people or from those who like to sit on the floor pan. On both my mustang and camaro I put 3 fingers (2 inches) between my noggin and the roof liner. I'm not saying rear quarter visibility isn't lousy and the low roofline makes traffic lights hard to see if you're on the line. The 2SS trim with it's driver awareness sensors (nee Ford 'safe and secure') is definitely helpful in the Camaro.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I think the Mustang interior is way better than the Camaro and probably the main reason I bought a Mustang. I've had 15 Chevy's and 1 Mustang in the past and I really wanted to like the Camaro but that interior UGH. You spend most of your time in the interior, you gotta like it. They're both fast enough for me.

Snake Plissken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Marry her, problem solved.
FUCK NO....!!!!!!

It will come back to haunt you in a big, big, big way. It's only a matter of time...

Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Oh ya I felt that envy. I just got a 1ss 1le Camaro. No looking back man. Haha

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Seriously, what person buys a car based on theoretical bench racing figures?
It isn't theoretical when it's been tested and proven to be quicker to 60 mph and in the 1/4 mile by half a second. By multiple publications, exactly 1/2 second quicker to 60 and in the 1/4 mile for both tests.

Per Motortrend: "The automatic Mustang ran from 0 to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds, a full half second quicker than the manual version. In the quarter mile, it was exactly the same story. The automatic Mustang ran it in 12.1 seconds at 118.8 mph, a half second quicker (and 3.7 mph faster) than the manual car."

Per Car & Driver: "At the test track, the automatic's advantage was clear as it better harnessed the 460 horses and 420 lb-ft of Ford's latest and melodious 5.0-liter V-8: The 10-speed GT rocketed to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds versus the manual's 4.3, and it shaved half a second off the quarter-mile run, posting a 12.1 at 120 mph compared to a 12.6 at 115 mph."

OP
OP

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
This kid doesn't have any money to take :cwl:
tHIs kId dOeSnt haVe aNy mOnEy tO TAkE

bolts:
https://www.steeda.com/s550-diff-bushing-12.9-hardware-upgrade-kit.html ($30 but might not come with the inserts in which case pass) - @SteedaTech clarify?
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1764&superpro=0 ($50)
https://www.lethalperformance.com/lethal-performance-s550-extreme-diff-bolt-upgrade-kit.html ($50 and good writeup)

'stop the hop'
https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Stop-The-Hop-Starter-Kit-555-4455 ($350 and currently has 30% discount)
or
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1910&superpro=0 ($200 before 15% discount till Jan 2?)
paired with https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1727&superpro=0 ($110) and https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1989&superpro=0 ($30)

I have the BMR IRS bits on my GT, it's lovely. A pox on Ford for aiming for Corolla softness in a purported "GT/sports" car. It's a disgrace, really.
Thank you for this man. Taking the time for both of those replies and finding all the links. Will have helped me a lot when I get around to buying some or all of those pieces

OP
OP

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
18 up GT A10 with a good E85 tune would drag her ass all day long. ;). Grass is always greener on the other side kiddo.
Ehh I can still “beat” her in a race lol. I had to teach her to drive manual in her SS. She saw me rowing gears in my car for months and so I guess she just had to get a manual lol. I wish an 18+ was feasible for me right now but it isn’t. I just hope if I were to do the same to my 2nd gen Coyote (e85, time, intake) that it would feel worth it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ehh I can still “beat” her in a race lol. I had to teach her to drive manual in her SS. She saw me rowing gears in my car for months and so I guess she just had to get a manual lol. I wish an 18+ was feasible for me right now but it isn’t. I just hope if I were to do the same to my 2nd gen Coyote (e85, time, intake) that it would feel worth it.
Tune** smh not time

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
The coyote mustangs are a lot quicker than they feel. In a race the camaros have a hard time keeping up.(stock v stock and mod v mod)

As an apples to grapefruit comparison. I used to have a cutlass with a 455 and 410 gears. Yeah it felt real fast....but it wasn't. Gobs of neck snapping torque with just a light press of the pedal, but it wasn't exactly fast. Heck, I remember losing an impromptu street race to a Pontiac gxp.

Meanwhile my coyote keeps pulling away from most cars even though it doesn't really feel any faster than my old 3v.

The coyote revs, often has 3.31 gear , and has throttle lag. It doesn't make for a punchy combo.

The LS and Scat packs are torquey (more fun and visceral). The Dodges are roomy and the camaro handles bettet.

BUT camaro visibility is pretty awful, GM build quality is getting worse, and in have heard that it can be expensive to extract reliable power from the current LS.

And the Dodges are HEAVY and Dodge build quality had been quite bad in recent years. I can't speak to the challenger specifically on that.

On top of that both options are more expensive than a mustang unless you go for the PP.

OP
OP

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The coyote mustangs are a lot quicker than they feel. In a race the camaros have a hard time keeping up.(stock v stock and mod v mod)

As an apples to grapefruit comparison. I used to have a cutlass with a 455 and 410 gears. Yeah it felt real fast....but it wasn't. Gobs of neck snapping torque with just a light press of the pedal, but it wasn't exactly fast. Heck, I remember losing an impromptu street race to a Pontiac gxp.

Meanwhile my coyote keeps pulling away from most cars even though it doesn't really feel any faster than my old 3v.

The coyote revs, often has 3.31 gear , and has throttle lag. It doesn't make for a punchy combo.

The LS and Scat packs are torquey (more fun and visceral). The Dodges are roomy and the camaro handles bettet.

BUT camaro visibility is pretty awful, GM build quality is getting worse, and in have heard that it can be expensive to extract reliable power from the current LS.

And the Dodges are HEAVY and Dodge build quality had been quite bad in recent years. I can't speak to the challenger specifically on that.

On top of that both options are more expensive than a mustang unless you go for the PP.
Big aware that the coyote has the most aftermarket power potential between the 3. But it’s just unfortunate that you HAVE to mod it more-than-mildly to make it feel comparable to the SS or Scat.

My previous car was an ‘06 v6 with the 4.0. I had 4.10’s in it with a 93 tune from Bama with a FP intake, and I still fluster myself and my friends when I say it to this day, but I had more fun driving that car than I do this one.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Married happily 1st time almost 24 years. TG because my brother has been married 4x... What an ass kicking financially one divorce is...

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
I fully support Mikthehun1!

Not a Whipple but it works.
20191101_153026.jpg
Sponsored