Sponsored

Bullitt value is great!

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
So I've been away from the Mustang community for a little while (still have my "older one", though) and my current funds have been burning a hole in my pocket for a new one. The Bullitt is looking mighty tasty right now.

FWIW, I've been looking at other 2019's (loaded GTCS, PP2, etc) and also some left-over new 2017 GT350's.

My question is, of the numerous reviews/first drives and comments I've read, why do I keep seeing "value" being brought up with the Bullitt? It was NEVER a value car, but even still...perhaps people have no idea how to build a car on a website?

Case in point:
In Canada...a Bullitt has 2 options: Recaro's and a car cover. Due to my back problems, I'd skip the Recaro seats and just get the car cover.

If I were to option a 2019 GT Premium with equal options (401A, PP1, exhaust, mag suspension, etc)...the price (sans adjustment pricing, etc) is almost $2000 MORE than the Bullitt. MSRP to MSRP.

I realize what I'm saying is more of a statement/defense/rant in favor of the Bullitt, but WTF? The Bullitt seems like a STEAL compared to what I've priced out. Even compared to the other guys, it's cheaper than a Hot Wheels Camaro, WAY cheaper than anything comparable from Dodge...I don't get it.
Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Many of us Bullitt buyers whine about the cost and talk the car down to put others here off buying one. They're hard to get and dealers are charging extra for them. We're trying to reduce competition, so keep your thoughts about how good a deal the Bullitt is close to your chest. From here on in, start threads about how you're being screwed over and how you're thinking about going for a PP1 GT.

Keep this to yourself. Mum's the word :wink:.

OP
OP

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In that case...

This was a troll thread! You got burned. The Bullitt is terrible and should be at least 10K under MSRP so people will actually want to drive them...

:fistbump:

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Yeah, my dealer is screwing me and now he's telling me I have to wait until next year for delivery. Ford sucks big time.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So I've been away from the Mustang community for a little while (still have my "older one", though) and my current funds have been burning a hole in my pocket for a new one. The Bullitt is looking mighty tasty right now.

FWIW, I've been looking at other 2019's (loaded GTCS, PP2, etc) and also some left-over new 2017 GT350's.

My question is, of the numerous reviews/first drives and comments I've read, why do I keep seeing "value" being brought up with the Bullitt? It was NEVER a value car, but even still...perhaps people have no idea how to build a car on a website?

Case in point:
In Canada...a Bullitt has 2 options: Recaro's and a car cover. Due to my back problems, I'd skip the Recaro seats and just get the car cover.

If I were to option a 2019 GT Premium with equal options (401A, PP1, exhaust, mag suspension, etc)...the price (sans adjustment pricing, etc) is almost $2000 MORE than the Bullitt. MSRP to MSRP.

I realize what I'm saying is more of a statement/defense/rant in favor of the Bullitt, but WTF? The Bullitt seems like a STEAL compared to what I've priced out. Even compared to the other guys, it's cheaper than a Hot Wheels Camaro, WAY cheaper than anything comparable from Dodge...I don't get it.
This is what I've been saying the whole time too. Here in America a 2019 GT with all the same options is actually $300 more expensive than the Bullitt. It's a bargain for what you get, and worth considering for any Mustang shopper, regardless of whether you like the movie or not. If you can deal with green or black and the subtle appearance, it's the one to get in my opinion. I know most dealers are willing to give pretty solid discounts on regular GTs and Bullitts are commanding mark-ups or MSRP, but a year from now most dealers will be treating them like any other GT, that's when the deals on the Bullitt will get very compelling.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what I've been saying the whole time too. Here in America a 2019 GT with all the same options is actually $300 more expensive than the Bullitt. It's a bargain for what you get, and worth considering for any Mustang shopper, regardless of whether you like the movie or not. If you can deal with green or black and the subtle appearance, it's the one to get in my opinion. I know most dealers are willing to give pretty solid discounts on regular GTs and Bullitts are commanding mark-ups or MSRP, but a year from now most dealers will be treating them like any other GT, that's when the deals on the Bullitt will get very compelling.
The real truth is, we even glossed over the special bits that make a Bullitt what it is. The GT350 parts, DHG paint, interior/exterior styling, etc...

Also, love your videos. Keep up the great work!

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
...I know most dealers are willing to give pretty solid discounts on regular GTs and Bullitts are commanding mark-ups or MSRP, but a year from now most dealers will be treating them like any other GT, that's when the deals on the Bullitt will get very compelling.
I'm hoping they will be offering the same discounts on 2020 Bullitts as any other 2020 GT but I also hope they will offer all the electronic features on the 2020 Bullitt. My 2015 GT has Active Cruise Control and I would certainly want to get Active Cruise and Lane Keep on a 2020 if its costing me $20K or more to trade up from my 2015.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, heck, if you're not that enthralled with some of the design elements and/or green, get one in black, swap out the rear deck panel to a blank OEM part for ~$150 (store your OEM part or mount it all the wall :D), get a GT tapped GT350 shift knob, there, done (you could even swap the horn button, but I kind of like that particular detail).
Sponsored