GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Thanks bob, I want to do the tune but definitely don't want to introduce gremlins into my car. Also your opinion on seat of the pants HP increase would be appreciated . Cheers
The car driveability is exactly like stock except perhaps smoother acceleration. Yes, the car is faster accelerating and the increased torque at lower RPMs really makes for a lot more fun driving.
It was worth the cost. No doubt about it.
As far as the gremlins. None. The issue came from the SCT updater telling me to update, I did, then loading the tune, I did. But the reason it did not take the tune is because it was not "fully updated". James said this is an issue with the tuner because of the huge increase in files. So, if you do get the tuner and tune, just update it "repeatedly" until the update prompt is greyed out. That's all it was.
James also told me the custom tune has the stock file inside it. So, when you load the custom file in it automatically inserts the stock tune file.
Anyhow, Tom Lake was a lifesaver and I owe him a cool beverage if we ever meet!
Sponsored

TomLake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Bullitt, 2017 Shelby GT350
The car driveability is exactly like stock except perhaps smoother acceleration. Yes, the car is faster accelerating and the increased torque at lower RPMs really makes for a lot more fun driving.
It was worth the cost. No doubt about it.
As far as the gremlins. None. The issue came from the SCT updater telling me to update, I did, then loading the tune, I did. But the reason it did not take the tune is because it was not "fully updated". James said this is an issue with the tuner because of the huge increase in files. So, if you do get the tuner and tune, just update it "repeatedly" until the update prompt is greyed out. That's all it was.
James also told me the custom tune has the stock file inside it. So, when you load the custom file in it automatically inserts the stock tune file.
Anyhow, Tom Lake was a lifesaver and I owe him a cool beverage if we ever meet!
Awesome Brother!!!

Glad I could Help! Steeda are a great bunch and I Love their products and support too! When I read your baby did not get the Tune loaded, was throwing strange messages, and you were sent to SCT! I felt your pain!!! James is a great guy and so much fun to talk to! And man does he know his shit!! I knew he would get you squared away! He is on Facebook and Instant Messanger. Send some cudos his way!

I will take you up on that cool beverage next time I am in Michigan or you are in the Atlanta area!! Ha!

Way cool the Mustang6G forum is their to help!!

Cheers!

Tom

TomLake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Bullitt, 2017 Shelby GT350
My Tuner James offered me these steps for the BULLITT Tune!!

#1 While waiting for the programmer to arrive, go to sctflash.com and download the "Device updater utility".
https://az824306.vo.msecnd.net/software/SCTDeviceUpdater.exe
#2 Pull programmer out of the package and plug into computer. Open the "Device Updater" and click "Automatically check for updates". Let that run its course.
#3 Go to the vehicle and read "Vehicle Info". You will need to write down the strategy and SW PN.
#4 Submit your order for the tune file request. The sooner you get that in the sooner you get your tune file, but you need the SWPN to get it going.
#5 Now that the programmer has read the vehicle info, you need to "Automatically check for updates" again. This will download vehicle specific updates for the programmer, including the stock file in some cases.
#6 When you get the email with the tune file, save the file to the computer.
#7 Not going to go step by step, but now is when you click "Load custom tune file to device", find your file and add it to the device.
#8 You can now go to the vehicle and load the custom tune to the vehicle. Make sure you use the file in the "Custom" section, not the "Preloaded" section. For the Bullitts, I usually include the Kxxxx number in the file name and description as long as you included it in your order form.
#9 Enjoy your new tune!

Following these steps SHOULD help prevent some (sadly, not all) tech support issues with the SCT products!

Enjoy!
Sponsored