Sponsored

BULLITT Resale Value

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I just received a new offer (for 2 days) from Vroom for $40,863
I don't know if you can haggle with Vroom (you can with AutoLendersGo) but if you can, tell them hey, I'll sell it to you for X and they may well bite. I sold my EB for 3000 more than their initial offer. I just kept telling them 'no' till they upped the ante.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't know if you can haggle with Vroom
I replied to their email asking for $41K even, but not sure they got it. It doesn't say 'no reply', so they might. To be honest, even though I'd be losing thousands, it's a really good price for a trade-in, compared to all other sources. A stupid local dealer offered me $32K; that's insulting. Ha ha. I'm waiting for a call from Houston, and if the new car materializes, I'd ask them to match that figure, and see what happens. I don't really want to get rid of my car, but can only have one, and makes no sense to just sit in the garage most of the time. I thought our Tesla would be a good travel vehicle, but it's way more inefficient on the highway, and even more when cold, plus unless you stick to interstates, charging stations are still not everywhere they need to be, so we need another ICE alternative. Looking at a Kia K900 with the VIP package ( with power heated/cooled rear seats, etc), which should be an awesome cruiser, since it's as quiet as the new S class MB. If I don't get a good deal, would probably keep my Bullitt :).

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Some folks say manual cars will fetch higher prices in the future, but I honestly think it'll be the opposite. How many young punks know how to drive a manual? Ha ha. My daughters don't, and neither any of their friends combined, and they're now 30 and 27. So Bullitts being all manuals, I don't personally think they'll be worth any more than a regular GT... and probably even less than autos. We'll see :). By the way, there are less S550 Bullitts than GT350s; go figure.
I can tell you for a fact, myself being 28yo, I've only ever owned stick shifts and my 28yo wife can drive stick, I don't intend to ever sell my Bullitt, it's my daily and inching to 17,000 miles in 54 weeks. And in the future when I'll be looking for another fun/sports car to add, I will absolutely be willing to pay premium for a manual. Of course me anecdotal evidence doesn't make it a statistic.

Stang565

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
All S550’s are going to drop in value 5-10 years out after initial production - it’s normal depreciation.

Bullitts and standard S550 GT350’s are by no means “rare”. This isn’t meant as a jab at anyone who owns such a model - it’s just facts. Ford produced too many units of the Bullitts (2 years) and standard GT350s (6 years) that even though limited editions, they were “cookie cut” and not anything out of the ordinary.

Take a look at the big picture regarding the Shelby’s and Bullitts.

We all know “Shelby” is synonymous with collectors from all eras and all ages. Bullitts are a niche Mustang, it always has been - it appeals to Bullittheads and Steve McQueen fans (myself being one).

Let’s just talk S550 GT350’s - excluding the R’s and the HEP for this specific reply.

Being around the Mustang platform since the early 80’s, I’ve watched the values on certain models not just from the 80’s forward, but when the Classics weren’t so “classic” and were, of the time, just another Mustang as is the S550.

Resale value is determined by a vast number of things. Aside from the actual car, there’s too many other external factors to discuss so we’ll keep it to just the car.

What will determine future value of a standard S550 Shelby GT350:

1) The lower of production units per year. As some of you know, certain years had less units built than others. Values on smaller annual production runs will always trump those of larger production runs.

2) The lower (or lowest) surviving Build # that a buyer seeks or becomes available. The same will hold true for the “last” build # in a production year or series. Some Shelby buyers will hold out to possibly getting a lead on a lower Build # as opposed to one that was in the middle or a higher build # within any given year or series. Some just don’t care about this aspect and just want a Shelby.

3) If the vehicle is totally numbers matched (ie: no engine replacement). An all numbers matching Shelby will always fetch a higher premium than one that is not. There’s plenty of threads on this subject so we’re not going to hash it out here.

4) Vehicle documentation + Shelby specific Owner supplements :
Does it have ALL of it, as it was delivered off the truck from the factory and not discarded by Dealer vehicle Prep? Along with documentation, any repair orders, maintenance, etc. are usually sought after historical docs.

5) Mileage and Mothballism:
Lower mileage is usually preferred by some Buyers (and Collectors) but not a factor for all. Mothballism is taking the car directly from the truck to storage - where dealer prep is declined by the Buyer and the car is stored as is, kept with all protective plastics in place with all labels, stickers, docs etc as it was from the factory.

6) Exterior and interior:
Rarity of color combos for both, total production counts of each combo and total option breakouts As Built (or in some cases, less options As Built). IMO, color choices for exterior/interior are based on emotions - you want it or don’t. Some Buyers/Collectors will also zero in on the rare As Built features where a prior Owner “got it all” or some zero in on a “base” model where the prior Owner didn’t want all of the bling.

7) Completely accident/damage free. Any VIN reporting agency, OASIS or ETIS reports to back up vehicle history reference source.

8) Number of owners. Not a big deal to some, but others buying these vehicles in the future will be looking for minimal ownership (which will coincide with item #5 above).

9) Modified or not. Again this is subjective and personal choice, but does play a role in value.

10) Did original Buyer pay ADM? We all know what it Is, but it can play a role in future state. Some Buyers turned Sellers will try to recoup as much $$ as they can when selling a vehicle like a Shelby - because of course it’s “limited production” and “it’s a Shelby”. Sadly, most who did pay excessive ADM usually won’t see any returned gains to profit OR breaking even IF their Shelby is “just another Shelby”. Go back and review items 1-3 to determine if ADM will ever be recouped.

11) Supply and demand

12) The next best and newest must have Mustang that comes next... everyone has to have it and everyone will dump what they have to get it.

It’s not that a Shelby will be worth more than a Bullitt or visa versus, it’s just that each car appeals to a certain group of Enthusiasts.

I’ll predict which LE S550 will have a high collectibility status in the future - the true 2015 50th Anniversary Edition that was only limited to 1,964 units. It’s not the fastest or most powerful, but has unique parts not found and not available on any other S550 since its introduction. Buy them now and store them. Laugh at me, but come back here in another 10–15 years when they’re fetching upwards of $60k+. Good low mileage examples are already breaking the $40k barrier.

I think the Bullitt’s value will be in the sub $35k-$40k range for low miles examples for quite a while. Anyone who paid ADM though, it may be a while before you see any return.
I wish this was true as I’m in the market now for a Bullitt. Nationwide search shows almost all going for around 50k right now, my local dealer here in Denver has a 19 for 54k. Crazy times

Sponsored

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I wish this was true as I’m in the market now for a Bullitt. Nationwide search shows almost all going for around 50k right now, my local dealer here in Denver has a 19 for 54k. Crazy times
I wonder if the PP2s would hold their value. Being they are "low production". It seems some of the "buy online and deliver" companies ask if the car is a PP2 which adds the value to the offer.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’m surprised to see so many used Bullitt up for sale; some with very few miles on them too. Did the previous owners simply grow tired of them very quickly or what?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’m surprised to see so many used Bullitt up for sale; some with very few miles on them too. Did the previous owners simply grow tired of them very quickly or what?
I think what you are seeing are owners looking to cash in on the current used car market. There are currently 426 on cars.com. Just look the pricing.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That is surprising, because this thing is a hoot to daily drive... I just passed 24,000 miles in 16 months this week.... But even then, for a 2019, the value stays pretty high (hyperinflated though, arguably).

I think what you are seeing are owners looking to cash in on the current used car market. There are currently 426 on cars.com. Just look the pricing.
That's the weird thing about all of this - if you just need to reduce amount of vehicles you have, then now's a great time for you to get rid of one for high dollar value.
But if you're trading in or selling for cash knowing you will need to replace the vehicle, great, you get more money, but then good luck searching for replacement new/used vehicle. The gains you make will be lost on higher prices or ADM/lack of inventory on new, will it not?

Unless new cars inventory is increasing again and used car values haven't caught up yet.

Sponsored

Stang565

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
Tundra

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That is surprising, because this thing is a hoot to daily drive... I just passed 24,000 miles in 16 months this week....
In 9 more days, I will have had bu 2019 Bullitt for one year. I’m way low on mileage (currently at 4600 miles), because the car spent 6-7 months on jack stands in my garage being modded. I plan to change all of that very soon though and begin adding a lot more miles.

SunTzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope
Thanks! I’ve found one other one this low and it too has an accident like the one you posted. I’m hoping to buy from a private seller in my area or I’d be willing to drive to a neighboring state.
PM sent

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I ve been searching and everything low miles and no accidents are just about $50K. I can t buy on from car max etc.... Looking at dealers and Private . Looks like the timing is bad. MSRP or close for a 2-3 year old car like that is overpriced IMO. Gotta wait for the dealer lots to fill up again I think.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the timing is bad. MSRP or close for a 2-3 year old car like that is overpriced IMO. Gotta wait for the dealer lots to fill up again I think.
they were going for 42-47k (on 53.5 MSRP) when new. So yeah, timing is a bit off.
Sponsored