Build week 2/23/15

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Cotus is back up but mine still says awaiting shipment. EDD still 9 days. Hard to believe it will be here by then. That's okay, still have snow to melt!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cueball

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'm thinking a train to Ayer can't take more than a few days. And then from Ayer to us, one day. Of course, it would be nice if it was not sitting on a lot in Michigan for over a week. Must be a logistical issue of just getting a full train to Ayer.

My garage has been cleaned and prepped for her arrival and even got a new seal at the bottom of the door to keep water out. lol

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking a train to Ayer can't take more than a few days. And then from Ayer to us, one day. Of course, it would be nice if it was not sitting on a lot in Michigan for over a week. Must be a logistical issue of just getting a full train to Ayer.

My garage has been cleaned and prepped for her arrival and even got a new seal at the bottom of the door to keep water out. lol
Must be nice to have a usable garage! Mine will be sitting out in the elements! I may get one of those portable shelters this summer. Already have a cover.

Norton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Challenger R/T
Mine has switched from awaiting shipment to in transit. The EDD is now 3/11/15

Ordered 12/5
Vin 1/15
Build week 2/23
In production 2/20
Window sticker 2/20
Blend date 2/27
Awaiting shipment 3/2/15
In transit 3/9/15
EDD 3/11
Delivered ?

OP
OP
Cueball

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2 days to Illinois? Lucky.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cueball

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I just went to In Transit. EDD 3/26??? WTF?

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I wish that Amazon.Com would buy Ford! I ordered several items for my Mustang convertible (still waiting for more than a month on hold). Millions of items moving through Amazon each day. I called up my orders...Amazon + United Parcel told me where each item was...at what time of day it had been processed and which day it would arrive.
At least, Ford could buy a tracking system better than COTUS from most national hardware store companies.

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I just went to In Transit. EDD 3/26??? WTF?
Mine did the exact same thing! Now in transit but pushed up the EDD to 3/26. Probably more realistic.

When I ordered it I told the dealer that I wanted it between 3/15 and 4/1. Still on schedule. :clap2:

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
3/7 Cotus showed 'In Transit'

The first notification I saw that my car had changed to 'In Transit', was on Cotus Saturday 3/7. At that time, the date 3/2 showed under 'Awaiting Shipment' (3/2 also shows under 'In Production'). Jeff at Ford Service told me this morning that my car was in Indiana (no city).

I guess I just chalk the pre dating of when 'Awaiting Shipment' ended as a Cotus glitch. I'm guessing if is in Indiana this morning, it did not leave Flat Rock before Saturday. I'm happy to have it out of Flat Rock. :D

OP
OP
Cueball

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
My birthday is before 3/26 so I am hoping it shows up about a week earlier.

Sponsored

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
My birthday is before 3/26 so I am hoping it shows up about a week earlier.
Doug, are you on Facebook? Shoot me a private message here and/or give me your facebook name so we can stay in touch. I'd like to get together after we get our cars.

OP
OP
Cueball

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
But of course!

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Update

As of earlier today my convertible was passing thru Iowa. Beautiful weather forecast for the mid west the next few days. :headbang:
Maybe some snow and such in the Rockies around Thursday, but it looks like pretty good weather for a train ride!!:D

"It looks like your Mustang went "In Transit" on 3/6. Since we last spoke though, she's galloped from Indiana to Iowa." Jeff

Strange that Cotus today changed my EDD from 3/23 to 3/28. The journey is usually 2 weeks and that would be in line for 3/23ish. No issues though. I am glad it is actually on a train.

Now I will be putting my check list together of the quality items to check, just to confirm they are all just fine on this convertible! :thumbsup: Thinking positive but I'll have my big stick available if any issues arise and try to get 'Normal'ed away. ;) :paddle:

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Norton,
You may be the first 2/2 week car to reach it's owner. Please give us here a full report on what your pre-inspection, and drive home reveals! :thumbsup:

Who else in this build week is expecting their cars real soon?
Let us know how she looks quality wise and post some perdy pics of your long awaited Pony!! :cheers:

GavinR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 GT (on order)
Huh, I just PM'd Jeff at Ford and supposedly my car (blend 27/2) is still in production although Cotus has shown it as awaiting shipping since 27/2. I'm a bit confused now:shrug: It's meant to be delivered on 24/3 so hopefully they're not still building it:thumbdown:
Sponsored