Sponsored

Brembo brakes

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford white 50 years
Has anyone had issues with the Brembo breaks? When I'm slowly breaking up to a stop sign or red light my front breaks will sometimes howl real loud and vibrate the front end and steering wheel. I took it to the dealership and after a 30 min drive with a mech I finally was able to replicate the noise and the mech guy was like "well that's not normal". Yeah no shit guy! So after my GT was there all day they told me to come pick it up and that it was safe to drive. I said well bro is it fixed? Nope we have to call the mother ship of Ford and see what we need to to do to fix. I said sweet, so I have and brand new $40000 car with 1500 miles on it and that's all you can tell me. That was on Saturday, today is Monday and no word from the shop. So anyone have a similar issue?
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
My last 4 Mustangs have had OEM Brembo brakes. Other than brake squeal with one of them, I haven't had any problems with the brakes.

Hope you get it resolved quickly.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Did you bed your pads when you got your new car? I have 4k+ miles on my GTPP and zero noises out of my 6 piston Brembo's. I can flog it hard on back roads and generate 1.1x G's of brake force and it's still quiet as a mouse.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Mine (base GT) squealed horribly until I got the TSB performed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GTPONY

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I didn't bed the pads. ( I'm new here, what is bed the pads?). It's not any normal break squeal for sure. It's a crazy loud howling/ vibration and it only happens when I'm softly breaking. So I guess I can just mash the breaks everytime I stop and smoke the tires every green light.:headbang:

OP
OP
GTPONY

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool. Thanks Todd I'll give that a shot. Sounds like fun anyway.

n813ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how does one expect me to do that on the interstate?

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Has anyone had issues with the Brembo breaks? When I'm slowly breaking up to a stop sign or red light my front breaks will sometimes howl real loud and vibrate the front end and steering wheel. I took it to the dealership and after a 30 min drive with a mech I finally was able to replicate the noise and the mech guy was like "well that's not normal". Yeah no guy! So after my GT was there all day they told me to come pick it up and that it was safe to drive. I said well bro is it fixed? Nope we have to call the mother ship of Ford and see what we need to to do to fix. I said sweet, so I have and brand new $40000 car with 1500 miles on it and that's all you can tell me. That was on Saturday, today is Monday and no word from the shop. So anyone have a similar issue?
Let’s get this escalated for you, GTPONY. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

Sponsored
OP
OP
GTPONY

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So got word back from Ford and they said its all completely normal being a high performance break system. So way to go Ford!! Deysha I will pm you later on when I'm off work. Thanks.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So got word back from Ford and they said its all completely normal being a high performance break system. So way to go Ford!! Deysha I will pm you later on when I'm off work. Thanks.
Go do a few hard braking episodes where it's safe to do without over heating them. If they have been babied, the pads are probably glazed some.

acgott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
My car has been doing the same thing and it's only when coming to a complete stop at lights from low speeds. I tried to get my dealership to take a look at it a few weeks ago when I got my oil change done but the guy who does brakes wasn't in yet so I have to try some other time.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Remember, you’re always welcomed to bring it in to a different dealer for a second opinion, GTPONY. I’ll wait on your PM.

My car has been doing the same thing and it's only when coming to a complete stop at lights from low speeds. I tried to get my dealership to take a look at it a few weeks ago when I got my oil change done but the guy who does brakes wasn't in yet so I have to try some other time.
Let me know when you bring it back in, acgott.

Deysha

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i've noticed mine doing the same recently. i'm at 9k miles. it only occurs when you're going really slow and only barely touching the brakes. not a big deal.
Sponsored