Break-in Period/Maintenance Schedule

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I broke mine in by the book and have all the ticks and rattles that many other have. Other than those noises, car is 100% perfect. 4.6 to 60 with my super slow manual trans and exhaust sounds amazing. You'll love it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1- w/Roush phase 2
I broke mine in by the book and have all the ticks and rattles that many other have. Other than those noises, car is 100% perfect. 4.6 to 60 with my super slow manual trans and exhaust sounds amazing. You'll love it!
Thanks Sivi will keep those ticks and rattles in mind!

jeff

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
Drive it nicely for the 1st 1000 miles. Let it warm up fully before exceeding 3k RPM.

1 exception:

Every 100 miles for that first 1,000, give it a good WOT pull in 2nd up to 6k or so and let it coast back down to 30mph or so w/ the clutch still engaged. You want the cylinders to feel all the positive and negative pressures of normal running to seat the rings properly.

I've done this with every new car I've had. No ticks, rattles, or other issues.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Drive it nicely for the 1st 1000 miles. Let it warm up fully before exceeding 3k RPM.

1 exception:

Every 100 miles for that first 1,000, give it a good WOT pull in 2nd up to 6k or so and let it coast back down to 30mph or so w/ the clutch still engaged. You want the cylinders to feel all the positive and negative pressures of normal running to seat the rings properly.

I've done this with every new car I've had. No ticks, rattles, or other issues.
I appreciate that! Can you tell me how this would translate with an auto transmission? Thanks

Jeff

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate that! Can you tell me how this would translate with an auto transmission? Thanks

Jeff
...Oh and can you tell me what the WOT acronym stands for? Thanks.
Jeff

Sponsored

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Wide Open Throttle :)
Ahhh! Ok, I figured it had something to do with going too fast, but just couldnā€™t nail it down! Didnā€™t want to have to ask...look at the poor noob, doesnā€™t even know what WOT means. Lol:cwl:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
A couple of things to make sure the dealership does...always use 5w50 oil and put in 10 dang quarts. You would be surprised how many can still screw this up. If your dealer doesn't have a good Roush qualified mechanic, find one that does...it just makes life easier :)

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Gee thanks Linkster. Hereā€™s one for you...how about you actually READ MY POST! First of all, if youā€™re going to make snarky, condescending, not to mention completely unhelpful remarks, then donā€™t bother posting.
And secondly, I donā€™t have the car OR THE BOOK yet. And yes I already thought about accessing the manual online, but this carā€™s engine is going to be modified in a pretty big way. All of which you would have discerned if you actually read my post. So I thought maybe, just maybe...moving from 460hp to 750 with a lot of different parts, different tune, etc., that maybe the service and maintenance requirements might be slightly different from what Iā€™d see in the standard book for a stock vehicle. Doesnā€™t that make sense to you? If it doesnā€™t, then please donā€™t waste your time or mine adding useless comments on this thread.
BOOM! He told you

Sponsored

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
You really need to read the entire thread. This small dust up was discussed and resolved. Nothing more to say.
I saw it, dad

No body has any sense of humor these days

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
A couple of things to make sure the dealership does...always use 5w50 oil and put in 10 dang quarts. You would be surprised how many can still screw this up. If your dealer doesn't have a good Roush qualified mechanic, find one that does...it just makes life easier :)
Holy cow 10 quarts! Thanks for the heads up. The last V8 I owned was a ā€˜77 Cutlass. Canā€™t remember how much it held but it sure as hell wasnā€™t 10qts! Iā€™ll remember the 5/50 too. Thank you!

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
...Oh and can you tell me what the WOT acronym stands for? Thanks.
Jeff
Just put your auto in manual mode and do that same pull in 3rd or 4th. leave it in that gear as you let it coast down.

Sorry- quoted the wrong post, but you know what I mean :)

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Just put your auto in manual mode and do that same pull in 3rd or 4th. leave it in that gear as you let it coast down.

Sorry- quoted the wrong post, but you know what I mean :)
Thanks JG. Forgot about the M mode and those paddles itā€™s going to have.
Jeff
Sponsored