Both Keyfobs Have Stopped Working

Abb0nz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hey team, in need of some advice. All of a sudden my car (17 GT) won't recognize either of the two fobs. The batteries in one fob was dead so I replaced them and was able to remote start the car.
Now the car shows no key detected with both fobs. If I try to remote start the led on the fob flashes red. I can start the car with the fob in the cup holder slot.
Any ideas on a fix? I tried disconnecting the battery for over an hour but still nothing...
Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Hey team, in need of some advice. All of a sudden my car (17 GT) won't recognize either of the two fobs. The batteries in one fob was dead so I replaced them and was able to remote start the car.
Now the car shows no key detected with both fobs. If I try to remote start the led on the fob flashes red. I can start the car with the fob in the cup holder slot.
Any ideas on a fix? I tried disconnecting the battery for over an hour but still nothing...
Had that issue with my fob.try starting from ford pass,site.i think that,it resets battery monitoring system.it worked for me

OP
OP

Abb0nz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Replaced the batteries in the fobs twice, no change. The TPMS is now showing as faulty on the dash. Someone else mentioned a faulty RFA... anyone know if this could be the problem and how difficult it is to replace...?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Replaced the batteries in the fobs twice, no change. The TPMS is now showing as faulty on the dash. Someone else mentioned a faulty RFA... anyone know if this could be the problem and how difficult it is to replace...?
Yeah, if your TPMS isn't working either then the car isn't able to receive the necessary radio signals. Not sure which module that is exactly, but RFA sounds right. It may be part of something else that requires coding to replace, so this is probably a dealer trip kinda item.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Could also be the vehicle's battery needs replacing. That's where you should start.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Could also be the vehicle's battery needs replacing. That's where you should start.
Making sure that the car has the correct voltage is always a good starting point. Most auto parts stores will load test your battery for free.
Modern cars can exhibit some very strange symptoms when the battery starts to get weak.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
+1 on the car battery. You want to make sure that is good before chasing anything else. The OEM battery is notorious for short lifespan. When mine was low voltage (due to not driving much in Covid) the door handles would not unlock the car (the fob would).
Sponsored