GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I have to share this story:

I have to put a plug in for Borla and MUSTANG6G.com.

Last Saturday I was looking for other members who put a Ford Performance Touring axle back by Borla on their GT. I found a few of us guys/gals that did this and noticed the exhaust droning, which it is not supposed to.

So, a member put the email of Dave, at Borla on this site and to email him. I did this Saturday morning. I was surprised to get a return email in about an hour. Chris, at Borla, said they would contact me on Monday. They did. He asked for a video of the sound. I did this on Monday. He contacted me on Tuesday and asked for a email photo of the exhaust, invoice, etc. I did this and Wednesday they sent an entirely new exhaust including the X pipe!

I emailed back and asked if they wanted the orig mufflers back. He said no rush, when you install the new system, contact us and we will have Fedex pick up the old ones to examine.

I have never seen such quick response and concern on a product. Ever.

And... MADE IN THE USA !
Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Awesome customer service!! Thanks for sharing.

Love my Borla S-Type mufflers w/ X-pipe combo.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
It's always nice to hear a good customer service story! Thanks for sharing. I have the catback version of that exhaust and I had a little drone at about 2K rpm for about 1500 miles or so. But once the mufflers broke in the drone went away. Ironically, now at 2K rpm the exhaust is dead-silent. Not so much a WOT though, that's for sure, and I love it.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have the FP Touring by Borla cat-back, what's different about the new stuff and what was actually causing the drone?

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Love my Borla S-Type mufflers w/ X-pipe combo.

I have been running stock mufflers and the FRPP X-pipe. Everyone says it's too quite. Today I should receive the Borla S-type axle backs that were ordered and I hope to love the sound as well.
Sponsored