Sponsored

Deciphering this response from my tuner

Guard 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Got a response from tuner saying there is a torque reduction switch so the tune can either make my car shift hard or softer (stock-like) can't have something in-between; background: initial tune jerked bit too hard city driving and updated tune is too stock-like when not WOT

Question - Would softer shifts affect performance since I'm assuming the "torque reduction switch" would be on/off?
Sponsored

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Get a different tuner. Shifts can be had any way you want them.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Looks like he has a Lund tune (in his sig). They've tuned a gillion 6R80 cars so I'd assume they'd be the experts. :shrug:

OP
OP
Guard 5.0

Guard 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
"it is a switch their for torque reduction that i changed for ht softer shifts. Being as it is a switch it is one or the other. Use the soft trans for daily driving and if your going racing or out for some spirited fun driving flash the other tune on."

That was the response. The only part that really concerned me was are they just taking power out of the car to soften shifts. My limited car knowledge says nahhh but my OCD says check...

Sponsored

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
I have a lund tune too, and my shifts are "hard". I did some launches sunday and I noticed that the car during the 1st and 2nd switch continues to accelerate. That is awesome.

I had problems between the 2nd and 3rd due to a power cut. I will datalog next time and ask why.

OP
OP
Guard 5.0

Guard 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Looks like he has a Lund tune (in his sig). They've tuned a gillion 6R80 cars so I'd assume they'd be the experts. :shrug:
Hahaha I was hoping not to mention them but was too lazy to take them outta my sig. Dont get me wrong tho, I love the tune but being in the D.C. Metro area, rush hour with the tranny holding onto first then slamming into second does get fairly nauseating (literally).

The only part I really am getting confused about is when he dialed the shift timing and transmission pressure back, he said it would not affect performance. But then when I said it was too soft, he said there is a switch for torque reduction so it can only be one or the other. (Hard or soft shifts) That is fine too but the "torque reduction" part is bugging me. Does that mean torque is being reduced to soften shifting or am I talking out my ass. (Hopefully it's the latter)

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a Rob Shoemaker tune and my shifts are soft if I'm not in the accelerator hard, but if I get in it hard and run up in the RPMs a bit, it shifts hard! Best of both worlds in the same tune. Not sure why the other tuners aren't doing that. Mine has 3.15 gears and will bark the tires shifting at 75ish MPH! Love it!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have a lund tune too, and my shifts are "hard". I did some launches sunday and I noticed that the car during the 1st and 2nd switch continues to accelerate. That is awesome.

I had problems between the 2nd and 3rd due to a power cut. I will datalog next time and ask why.
I have this problem as well except I have problems going from 1st to 2nd as well. It cuts power on me and the advancetrac light flashes.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Lund tune shift's hard under hard acceleration but under normal driving it's great. My wife has yet to complain about the harshness daily driving it and she comes from a luxury car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Guard 5.0

Guard 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My Lund tune shift's hard under hard acceleration but under normal driving it's great. My wife has yet to complain about the harshness daily driving it and she comes from a luxury car.
Interesting. There's no lurching forward when you are in traffic say at 10mph then you slowly accelerate and let the car shift itself into 2nd?

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
When I first loaded my Lund tune, it shifted hard no matter what. I sent in a revision request to soften the shifts under light throttle. No problem. Shifts like normal in traffic. Bangs 2nd and 3rd during hard throttle. If can be done:cheers:

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. There's no lurching forward when you are in traffic say at 10mph then you slowly accelerate and let the car shift itself into 2nd?

I know what you are saying and there is none of that. In my x275 car, when I drove to warm it up the 1-2 shift was neck breaking under 30 mph. The shifts feel like that under a full engine load and high rpms It's almost stock like driving around using light pedal.
Sponsored