DRONE DRONE DRONE

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I was thinking about the reason for a loud exhaust. I thought you are doing it for more power. Unless you want to just hear loud exhaust. If that's the case, I'd just stream an old muscle car on your stereo. Now, that's a sound that us unique. Say a 428 CJ or 440 Mopar. Just a thought.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking about the reason for a loud exhaust. I thought you are doing it for more power. Unless you want to just hear loud exhaust. If that's the case, I'd just stream an old muscle car on your stereo. Now, that's a sound that us unique. Say a 428 CJ or 440 Mopar. Just a thought.
That's an odd perspective. Listening to a great engine note (and not a fake one) is a big part of the fun of driving performance cars. Unless you like a completely lazy, tame-sounding and muffled exhaust note, it's probably going to have good volume. Getting a good sound without drone costs some money.

BlackStallion18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 5.0 Mustang w/Performance Package 1
Vehicle Showcase
I
So I recently just put Flowmouster Outlaws on my car and from what I read and all the people I’ve asked, I knew there was drone from the start but everyone downplayed it like it wasn’t that big of a deal.

The drone is terrible and unsatisfying inside, anyone have any methods or know of any material to help turn the drone down? I love the exhaust and dont mind drone but this is horrible

Basically my main question is what dampening system/material would anyone recommend that would help with the cabin drone?
I'm in the same boat brother lol I previously had an x-pipe then decided to get the outlaw axle-back. It sounds great from the outside, it's got a great tone and plenty of volume but the drone is insane. I can't put any loose change in the coin tray or cup holders or else the rattling will drive me insane lol.
Sponsored