Borla Switchfire with active exhaust

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Ordered a Switchfire the other day after hearing some videos and comparing X pipes and H pipes. I read where a couple people were saying it almost sounds like a mix of the H pipe and X pipe.

I installed mine after work and just got back from the first drive. It does have a deep tone at low rpm, and it does get a little raspy at high rpm, but not in a bad way. Volume level in normal is about like sport used to be, quiet is still quiet. It sounds good to my ears in all exhaust modes. This is how Ford should have done it stock.

As far as cruising goes, there is some drone at certain rpmā€™s with the exhaust in track, but not at any rpm in any of the other modes. If youā€™re on the fence about a res delete, do it.
Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Good to know as I thought about maybe switching to this, however, are you 100% certain it is drone and not just louder exhaust noise you're hearing? What RPM range do you hear the drone and when does it dissipate? I have a roush X in and there is absolutely no drone.

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Good to know as I thought about maybe switching to this, however, are you 100% certain it is drone and not just louder exhaust noise you're hearing? What RPM range do you hear the drone and when does it dissipate? I have a roush X in and there is absolutely no drone.
Iā€™ve been around loud cars forever, yea Iā€™m sure. Like I said Itā€™s only in track mode, nothing in any other modes. I wasnā€™t paying attention to rpm, but likely around 2000 just a boomy sound that ā€˜ticklesā€™ your ears. Above 3k it was just exhaust sound. Idk about you, but I donā€™t usually ride around with the exhaust in track.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Iā€™ve been around loud cars forever, yea Iā€™m sure. Like I said Itā€™s only in track mode, nothing in any other modes. I wasnā€™t paying attention to rpm, but likely around 2000 just a boomy sound that ā€˜ticklesā€™ your ears. Above 3k it was just exhaust sound. Idk about you, but I donā€™t usually ride around with the exhaust in track.
I actually do every time I start the car after I get out of my garage. Only way I ever drive that car actually. I just have quiet start set during late nights like midnight or so till 8 or 9am so I don't piss anyone off on start up.

Last edited:

FabTbird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I also have the switchfire and active exhaust for a couple of years. Cold start in normal mode went from about 85db to 95db. Track mode is certainly louder but I donā€™t notice any drone at any rpm in any mode. I enjoy the sound much better than stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I actually do every time I start the car after I get out of my garage. Only way I ever drive that car actually. I just have quiet start set during late nights like midnight or so till 8 or 9am so I don't piss anyone off on start up.
Just an update, when I installed the switchfire my car had 130 miles on it. Now it has right at 1000. The drone accelerating through 2000 rpm has gone away. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s just the mufflers wearing in. The tone has changed some, but not much. Itā€™s just quieter in the car now than it was when I first installed it.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Just an update, when I installed the switchfire my car had 130 miles on it. Now it has right at 1000. The drone accelerating through 2000 rpm has gone away. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s just the mufflers wearing in. The tone has changed some, but not much. Itā€™s just quieter in the car now than it was when I first installed it.
Felt somewhat similar when I installed the Roush xpipe as well but I did install mine around 5000 miles. Coulda just been me getting used to the new sound.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Just installed mine on the Bullitt.
this is what the car has been missing. Didnā€™t like the H Pipe sound was to raw and mashy.
The switchfire sounds really smooth and refined. Itā€™s a little quieter than the H Pipe which surprised me but the sound is 1000 times better for sure.
No drone whatsoever and less even than the h pipe.
Noticed more power as well from both low and high rpmā€™s. They say the H has more torque but not on the Bullitt.
Also no rasp either donā€™t know if this is because of the Bullitt mufflers but it sound amazing at high rpmā€™s.
I highly recommend it over the H pipe all day long

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Just installed mine on the Bullitt.
this is what the car has been missing. Didnā€™t like the H Pipe sound was to raw and mashy.
The switchfire sounds really smooth and refined. Itā€™s a little quieter than the H Pipe which surprised me but the sound is 1000 times better for sure.
No drone whatsoever and less even than the h pipe.
Noticed more power as well from both low and high rpmā€™s. They say the H has more torque but not on the Bullitt.
Also no rasp either donā€™t know if this is because of the Bullitt mufflers but it sound amazing at high rpmā€™s.
I highly recommend it over the H pipe all day long
I will eventually probably swap over to this then. I'm running a rouch X right now and I love it on my Mach 1. To me after install it just seemed to make what was there just a little louder but did not seem to change the tone/pitch much, however, I don't typically hear my car from behind as I'm usually in the drivers seat.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I will eventually probably swap over to this then. I'm running a rouch X right now and I love it on my Mach 1. To me after install it just seemed to make what was there just a little louder but did not seem to change the tone/pitch much, however, I don't typically hear my car from behind as I'm usually in the drivers seat.
Itā€™s definitely got a different sound to a standard xpipe. Itā€™s got a nice deep tone and you can actually hear the exhausts pulses all joining together literally at the muffler end.
This is why itā€™s probably so smooth sounding mixing both banks through both mufflers?.

Sponsored

PopsMustang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I love the swtichfire, I have had Corsa, MBRP Race and both X pipe and H pipe.

By far the most unique and smoothest sounding ones I have had yet.

Non Active however..

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Itā€™s definitely got a different sound to a standard xpipe. Itā€™s got a nice deep tone and you can actually hear the exhausts pulses all joining together literally at the muffler end.
This is why itā€™s probably so smooth sounding mixing both banks through both mufflers?.
Thereā€™s a certain rpm range, with very little throttle accelerating in traffic that it almost gives off the old 4.6 sound. Iā€™m very happy with how it sounds. When I ordered it I was a little worried about it because of the price vs the normal H or X pipe. But after having it on my car it was definitely the right choice.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Thereā€™s a certain rpm range, with very little throttle accelerating in traffic that it almost gives off the old 4.6 sound. Iā€™m very happy with how it sounds. When I ordered it I was a little worried about it because of the price vs the normal H or X pipe. But after having it on my car it was definitely the right choice.
Yeh I was thinking the same.
Has a lovely burble on light throttle.
Itā€™s definitely expensive but itā€™s worth it for sure.
Sponsored