Bored of my GT

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I agree with @K4fxd. If your car is set up right and controllably puts down the power you will get bored of it on the street. my pops has the ludicrous mode Tesla that goes 0-60 in 2 seconds and after driving it for a day I got bored of it.

Id go whipple for the torque and then focus on Interior amenities and style.
Sponsored

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
If you are bored with it, and you have not done a track/HPDE day with it, then definitely take it to the track. You will push it harder than you ever thought you could. Get good tires/brakes/brake fluid, then send it.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
20 pp1. 373 gears. ESS s/c. Street tires. No spinning except 1st gear. I love it. I can see how you can get bored of the power though. I daily a truck so when I hop in the mustang it's a new feeling almost every time. Like someone else said too I love the sound of the ESS whistle. It gets some attention sometimes.
Other cool thing about it is it's very easy and convenient to install and pretty easy to get a good tune on it. Best bang for buck imo and the way the power comes on makes it great for the street.

agmattocks

Unstabled Mate
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
UMMC 026 - 2021 MACH 1 w/ handling package
Iā€™ve done some basic performance mods.
I have LTH, Exhaust, CAI, and a tune. But Iā€™m bored of it. Iā€™m making about 450rwhp and Iā€™m used to it now. The car is really loud with the valves open and thatā€™s been the only thing that makes it fun to drive at the moment.

I already have suspension parts installed.

Supercharger or Turbos are out of the picture right now because theyā€™re $8-10k. What else can I do to my car to get some more power, or just a lot more fun? E85 is pretty far from where I live so I canā€™t do E85.

I was considering Nitrous because itā€™s only about a grand. Anyone else plateaued with their car?

If your bored with it your not driving hard enough.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There are several good suggestions here. Try auto-crossing and drag racing. Theyā€˜re both challenging and will require a lot of skill and patience to get good at them. Either one of those should hold you over until you decide what your next move will be.

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
If you are bored with it, and you have not done a track/HPDE day with it, then definitely take it to the track. You will push it harder than you ever thought you could. Get good tires/brakes/brake fluid, then send it.
That's what I was going to say.
Maybe it's time for the OP to think less about "How can I add power?" and start asking "What else can I do with my car?"

I think for most of us running laps probably sounds more fun than being timed as you weave through cones, though I wish I could do more of both.

You will push it harder than you ever thought you could...
Or if you don't, you'll have to give a point-by to someone in a Japanese 4-banger, and if he's got a GoPro you'll end up on YouTube for it.
I speak from experience as the guy with the 150hp 4-banger... šŸ˜‡

Last edited:

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...The gearing in the MT-82 D4 trans in our 2018 models leaves a lot to be desired for performance driving.
Agreed. The ability to go 78mph in 2nd gear is fun to talk about, but also much taller than we needed that gear to be.
I suspect Ford knew that, and that was one reason for the PP2 tires having a smaller tread diameter than other GTs: It gets the same effect as switching from 3.73 to 3.9 gears, without actually changing gears on the assembly line.

I put together this spreadsheet to play around with gearing and ratios and compare to the previous generation MT-82 trans as well as the Tremec's in the newer models.

Now, the spreadsheet isn't perfect by any means, but it does help me to see that if I go with a 4.09 rear diff, my 3rd and 4th gears will be better setup for my track days.
My spreadsheet looks different but it's the same idea.
I'm pretty sure I want the Tremec transmission one day.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
This is the thing. Get to drive it fast in a legal controlled way where the object is to keep pushing it further as skills get better. On the street there are limits, most of them enforced by the po-po.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Modifying can get very expensive and frustrating. I've spent way more than I planned after modifying my car, like 35-40k more than I planned (only like 20k planned), because I broke a cam cap and some piston skirts and had to get an aluminator and my heads redone new cams etc. Then my transmission broke , and now I may have another problem.... At this point I have more money into this car than a tesla plaid , and its still not as fast as one.

If I knew all this shite was going to happen id probably have just got a porsche or plaid and kept it stock.

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '14 Expedition, Merc C300, Scion xb,
I've been there with my cars and other hobbies. Like what else can I do with this stuff? You can throw more money at it, or learn the limits of what you already have. Master what you got and keep pushing the limits.

You can always make your car lighter for performance gains. Upgrading your suspension is another. Lighter wheels and better tires is another. Brake upgrades is also on the table. And attend a track day for giggles.

Sponsored

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
Agreed. The ability to go 78mph in 2nd gear is fun to talk about, but also much taller than we needed that gear to be.
I suspect Ford knew that, and that was one reason for the PP2 tires having a smaller tread diameter than other GTs: It gets the same effect as switching from 3.73 to 3.9 gears, without actually changing gears on the assembly line.

My spreadsheet looks different but it's the same idea.
I'm pretty sure I want the Tremec transmission one day.
Would be interested to see your version of the spreadsheet if you could share it with me!

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would be interested to see your version of the spreadsheet if you could share it with me!
Then I'd have to learn how to post a Google doc. šŸ¤” Maybe I can, but not today. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
(My good computer with the spreadsheet is down and out right now, and I can't do it from work)

Last edited:

Sycostang67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2015 Mustang, 2001 Ram, 2012 Wrangle
Spend $700 on an old Geo Metro and drive that every time you get bored with the mustang. šŸ˜ After spending some time with 3 sickly squirrels, 450hp will feel very different.

BVLCK_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yep. Had a Vortech on my 22GT and swapped it for a Whipple. Still slow. Had a 23GT Whipple/Fore/Lund e85 3.25 pulley. Still slow. The play is gear change then blower.

IMG_8814.jpeg

IMG_5082.jpeg

IMG_4326.jpeg
What planet are you guys living on where this is considered "slow". I get being used to and building up a tolerance to something but to me calling this "slow" is just baffling. I'm by no means talking down on you guys i'm thoroughly impressed, I'm just very suprised.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
What planet are you guys living on where this is considered "slow". I get being used to and building up a tolerance to something but to me calling this "slow" is just baffling. I'm by no means talking down on you guys i'm thoroughly impressed, I'm just very suprised.
ā€¦ā€feels slowā€ and ā€œslowā€ are very different šŸ˜‚. This only applies to 18+ manual cars, BTW.
Sponsored