Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
It's not my daily by any means but the vibration is a little distracting so I went ahead and grabbed the 60d so I can compare...grabbed the short throw as well so I'm excited to see what waits.
In for results! We would like to see what you think of directly comparing them!
Sponsored

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
So I plan on re-installing the factory mount to ensure the vibration does not continue. Then I will install the 60d to see if there is much difference.

I did swap tranny fluid today to BG syncroshift and man did that smooth out the vibration. Amazing what a fluid change can do but again, I do plan on comparing both mounts

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
about to order one since stall converter is on order also! will post results when installed!

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
So going from the factory mount to the 70D was very noticeable. nVh was apparent, on startup you could feel the vibrations in the floor a little and could hear the gears and clutch through the boot area very clearly.

Driving with the 70D I had a very certain shift at every gear with much less slop than the factory mount. You could also feel or I guess not feel as much flex in the drivetrain which made it feel quicker off the line. However, the vibration was too distracting when not in the pedal.

Installed the 60D today and before installing I noticed the bushings were almost a perfect middle between stock and 70D, pliable yet firm where the 70D had very little pliability.

The shifts still feel firm and no slip at all, yet the clutch engagement is slightly softer and much less noise. The 60D feels perfect though I would not have known had I not bought the 70D first. The 60D is everything I enjoyed in the 70D but without any NVH addition.

Short throw shifter is amazing, only complaint is the noise the reverse lockout makes which is minor and the reverse lockout spring tension feels heavier than stock. Took my factory off with a 2x4 and 25mm wrench with some cardboard to prevent scuffing, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
So going from the factory mount to the 70D was very noticeable. nVh was apparent, on startup you could feel the vibrations in the floor a little and could hear the gears and clutch through the boot area very clearly.

Driving with the 70D I had a very certain shift at every gear with much less slop than the factory mount. You could also feel or I guess not feel as much flex in the drivetrain which made it feel quicker off the line. However, the vibration was too distracting when not in the pedal.

Installed the 60D today and before installing I noticed the bushings were almost a perfect middle between stock and 70D, pliable yet firm where the 70D had very little pliability.

The shifts still feel firm and no slip at all, yet the clutch engagement is slightly softer and much less noise. The 60D feels perfect though I would not have known had I not bought the 70D first. The 60D is everything I enjoyed in the 70D but without any NVH addition.

Short throw shifter is amazing, only complaint is the noise the reverse lockout makes which is minor and the reverse lockout spring tension feels heavier than stock. Took my factory off with a 2x4 and 25mm wrench with some cardboard to prevent scuffing, lol.
Perfectly said! We are glad you got to experience them both, because this review perfectly explains why 2 mount options exist.

When you installed the short throw, did you also do the shifter assembly bracket?

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
Perfectly said! We are glad you got to experience them both, because this review perfectly explains why 2 mount options exist.

When you installed the short throw, did you also do the shifter assembly bracket?
No I did not feel the bracket was needed as I have not really had an issue with slop or missed shifts that has not been corrected with BG SyncroShift II and the trans mount. I was enticed by the idea of a shorter throw which is why I went with the short throw only option (saved some $$) especially over a Barton or MGW :crazy:

I also failed to mention that my Ford Performance Carbon Fiber Shift knob does not thread down onto the short throw shifter all of the way, there is about 1/8" to 1/4" space which I can see the C-Clip that holds the Revers Lockout spring retainer in place but I dont really care as I cannot see that from the drivers seat unless I intentionally look at it.

I have not tried the stock leather shift knob as I cranked my current one down pretty tight in an effort to get it to seat all of the way.

I did check for cross threading, any damaged threads and neither part had any damage, probably just my shift knob. All in all I am satisfied with my parts considering the quality/price paid and would certainly look at any additional product you guys put out in the future.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
Bump it up!
What are the torque specs for each of these bolts? Didn't see it in the instructions.

I know the bracket to trans bolts are 35 ft/lbs, but what is the spec for the new socket bolts that hold the boomba bracket to the support? Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
installed. Def louder than stock, especially on deceleration from a WOT run.

n2ofusion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M
Any downside to long term use on a DD? The 60D looks great to me

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
We have thousands miles of testing with our mount in traffic/highway/spirited driving there are no downsides. The bushings are significantly stiffer and will do a great job keeping everything in place and secure.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.