Body panel alignment issues

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Man, 2 months and a 1000 miles, bam! Maybe it will just fall off?

The first giant sideways pic is the drivers side gap. I can see the clips I believe. This was not like this when I purchased it. The 2nd sideways giant pics is the passenger side. At the end of the bumper near the wheel it is very tight with the quarter panel overlapping the bumper. It was like this at purchase and I was fine with it due to knowing about Ford Mustang QC sucking.

Dealer I purchased from does not have a body shop. Not sure if normal techs mess with this or not. Has anyone self fixed the rear bumper gaps?
Mine just started doing this but way worse! The gap is huge and I can clearly see the clip that is not clipped in correctly. Did you get this fixed?
Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
no. mine is parked for the winter with only 1100 miles on it. in the spring i will take it in for an Oil Change and warranty on the panel. the dealer i bought from is currently undergoing a huge remodel. part of which is adding a body shop. i dont want just a "tech" trying to shove the panels back together.

my research shows it doesnt appear to be a hard fix and that fix may very well not be perfect.

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
Mine just started doing this but way worse! The gap is huge and I can clearly see the clip that is not clipped in correctly. Did you get this fixed?
My passenger's side where the rear quarter panel meets the bumper is the same as what you're reporting. I can see the clips, probably a 1/4" gap. Only problem is, I purchased my car in August and just came across this thread now. Wrote it off initially thinking it was normal for Ford cars. Have an extended warranty 8 yrs/100,000 miles, so I'm gonna call and see what happens. I can just see them trying to blame my suspension and exhaust mods for panel alignment issues.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Sounds like your dealership must be lazy. My dealership fixed mine no complaints or questions asked. :shrug:
Apart from replacing my puddle lights they haven't been eager to fix things or enter warranty requests in to the Ford system.

But it's good to know how to fix the bumper gaps, I could go back in now an show them how to fix it.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Good day everyone.
After 3 years, I did see the 2018 Mustang’s at the Edmonton car show. As everyone can imagine, I was curious about the overall alignment after 3 years. Not one change after many complaints since 2015. Even the all new 2019 BULLIT had the same issues my 2015 had, including the sloped rear window. Well. Maybe 2020 Ford?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 _Mustang GT
Good day everyone.
After 3 years, I did see the 2018 Mustang’s at the Edmonton car show. As everyone can imagine, I was curious about the overall alignment after 3 years. Not one change after many complaints since 2015. Even the all new 2019 BULLIT had the same issues my 2015 had, including the sloped rear window. Well. Maybe 2020 Ford?
My 2015 also had alignment issues. Not as bad as some, but still not acceptable on a new car. Took 4 trips to 2 different dealers to get it 95% perfect. It soured me so much on Ford, considering my previous Mustang had issues like the trunk the not closing, after the warranty ran out. It was bittersweet but I traded in my Mustang last month for a WRX. Overall I’ve enjoyed my time with Mustangs, but after seeing the 2018’s still have the same problems, I’ve decided to move on. On paper the Mustang is faster, but the WRX at least to me feels just as fast, plus I have a usable back seat, and Eyesight. Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll ever return to Ford. When I contacted customer service back in 15, I got such poor responses from them, like they couldn’t be bothered. I hope Ford gets their shit together.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang, 1968.5 CJ Mustang, 1969 CJ Mach 1, 1970 Boss 302
I purchased my GT350 MY19 site unseen as I purchased it from a different province because I was looking for a particular colour and the only to be found was kms away. I had a transportation company pick up the car and deliver it to me. The car had a paint chip on the drivers door which wasn't disclosed to me by the dealer, the transportation driver noticed and it was noted by the dealer and to their credit they made it better. But today my detailer noticed 3 dents on the roof of the car which I didn't notice when delivered they are very hard to see at certain angles, the dealer now is saying they never knew (like they never noticed the paint chip) and are blaming the transportation company. I'm at a loss, you pay good money for the car and the dealer has to play these games over a few hundred dollars to remove the dents. Not sure if I have any recourse. Thanks
Sponsored